More Charger Whining...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I love the Hart comment on the bottom... and watching the 3rd down play, I love that they didn't try to run the ball in that situation... not only to try to get the first down but to keep the clock running to the two minute warning. Norv mistake.

Link

Sweet Play of the Week: With Green Bay facing third-and-1 in the second quarter, the Packers lined up in (what else?) the shotgun spread, then senior citizen Brett Favre ran a quarterback draw for the first down. You don't often see people whose hair is graying running the ball on short-yardage downs in the NFL. Favre's underhanded shovel pass on a third-and-3 looked seriously cool, too.

Bring Back Marty Schottenheimer! Leading 21-17 at Green Bay, San Diego faced third-and-3 with 2:27 remaining. The Chargers had the league's best power-rushing attack in 2006. Last week, losing at New England, the Chargers didn't power rush in short-yardage situations. Surely they'll make amends here! Shotgun spread, pass incomplete, clock stops, boom goes the punt to the Packers.

Sour Play of the Week:
Now it's Packers ball at their 43, Chargers ahead 21-17 with 2:13 remaining. Green Bay must score a touchdown, so the rule for the safety is: Let nothing behind you. San Diego safety Clinton Hart lines up 15 yards deep, as deep as you'll ever see a safety except in a Hail Mary situation. Greg Jennings catches a quick slant that should have been a short gain -- and legs it out 57 yards to the end zone for the game's decisive play, running right past Hart, who simply stood there, watching the play.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
If u look close again hart does not watch him go right past he silps over

Yep, and as soon as Jennings is by him... he stopped in the middle of the field and watched the touchdown while everyone else was at least running down the field in chase.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The link doesn't work. I wonder who wrote this crap? I hope they didn't get paid for writing it. Hart did not stand there watching the play, he just got out of position and had no angle. Mostly it was a great route and a great throw.

And passing on 3rd and 3 is actually pretty standard in the NFL, especially considering that the Packers had defended the run well all day. Chokenheimer would've called a handoff which would've been stuffed, then Jennings would've caught that same pass to win the game anyway, except it would've happened after the two-minute warning instead of before it.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The link doesn't work. I wonder who wrote this crap? I hope they didn't get paid for writing it. Hart did not stand there watching the play, he just got out of position and had no angle. Mostly it was a great route and a great throw.

It was the TMQ guy, the same idiot who keeps pressing the Spygate issue and trying to "blow the lid off". He thinks he's a journalits with integrity and wants to be like the Nixon/********** reporters and be all historic and famous for bringing down the mighty NFL.

News flash, buddy. Nobody wants to know. We all love the NFL and it's current glory way too much. He's like the buddy at the strip club who keeps bringing up the fact that we all have girlfriends who would disapprove of us being there. He just needs to stop making us all feel bad for enjoying ourselves.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
And passing on 3rd and 3 is actually pretty standard in the NFL, especially considering that the Packers had defended the run well all day. Chokenheimer would've called a handoff which would've been stuffed, then Jennings would've caught that same pass to win the game anyway, except it would've happened after the two-minute warning instead of before it.

Well the issue I see with that is, you had the lead and an incomplete pass stops the clock. Other than that... it is a horse apiece as far as a play call.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Greg C. said:

It was the TMQ guy, the same idiot who keeps pressing the Spygate issue and trying to "blow the lid off". He thinks he's a journalits with integrity and wants to be like the Nixon/********** reporters and be all historic and famous for bringing down the mighty NFL.

News flash, buddy. Nobody wants to know. We all love the NFL and it's current glory way too much. He's like the buddy at the strip club who keeps bringing up the fact that we all have girlfriends who would disapprove of us being there. He just needs to stop making us all feel bad for enjoying ourselves.

dude i wanna know... it wont bring down the NFL just belicheat... and im all for that. If im the panthers or eagles players and fans.. id be so pissed off. they dominated both those teams early on as if they knew something the other team didnt. They destroyed the patriot documents without letting us know what was on them... thats shady.

and your strip club analogy is off... if the strippers were dudes in disguise and your buddy was trying to get you out of there is more like it. your saying that we love the NFL as it is and we do... but your also implying that we love the Patriots dirty dominance. They cheated to win at the game we all love. i dont wanna turn my head and pretend that doesnt mean anything. no one loves the Patriots dominating everyteam they play especially when they cheated to do it (at least i cant stand it) he is ratting out the Patriots and someone needs to. DAMN THE MAN. BRING DOWN THE EMPIRE.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this thread is mistitled because as far as I can tell the writer has nothing to do with the Chargers. I know that some of the Chargers had good things to say about the Packers after the game. I didn't hear any sour grapes.

Members online

Latest posts