Mooch interviews Favre on NFL Network [short recap]

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Mooch interviews Favre on NFL Network - 9:30 CST

that was pretty cool. it's my first night with cable, and i've never had NFL network before. i think i'll like it, but i feel sorry for my wife who, beginning tomorrow, will probably have to make an appointment to talk to me, until february.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was a great interview and was nice to see Mooch do it. I always think Brett's interviews are the best when you get him relaxed with someone he trusts like Mooch or T.B. Cali, I think you'll have to wait till Friday cause of them covering the game tommorow.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Scheduled to air Wednesday night at 9:30 p.m. ET, re-airing Friday late night at 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. ET, and Saturday at 9 p.m., midnight and 3 a.m. ET.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought it was a great interview. I've aways liked Mooch and I think he was the wrong man the Lions let go. Chris Havel brought up hiring Jim Bates as Head Coach and then Mooch as offensive coordinator. That would of been a nice duo if you ask me.

None the less I've always wanted Mooch to be a Head Coach of Green Bay. I thought he did well in San Fran and nobody could fix the mess Matt Millen created in Detroit.

As for the interview it was good to see Favre in this aspect. He was talking to a good friend rather than a member of the media and to me that's what made this a must watch for a Packer fan.

Reaction score

Part 2:

Q: Mooch asked Brett about what it is like to play against old coaches who shared a sideline with him.

A: Brett said it was akward at first to see them on the other side, but after seeing it so many times, he has gotten used to it. Talked about when Mooch was on the niners, and called a blitz and the blitzer had Favre trapped, but Favre rolling out backwards made the completion to Levens. He then started jawing at Mooch a little, and Mooch was furious and threw his clipboard to the ground, and Favre joked about how an asst. coach told him not to do that in front of the other players.

Q: Dealing with everything he has gone through, how does he manage it?

A: Says adversity brings the best out in people. Then goes into the Oakland game, and says he was so nervous before going out, and as he was running out he kept thinking to himself that he had made a huge mistake. Also says mentally, he wasn't ready for the game as he couldn't recall the preparation they had made for the game. Talked about his speech before the game, and said it was something he wouldn't want to do because he would love to have his dad back, but it is a moment he will never forget. Said he went out there because he knew his dad would tell him to go out and play, and he knew if he had a bad game people would write it off as no big deal, but he said he didn't want that at all.

Q: The drug addiction - Mooch says so much pressure was put on Favre in 95, by the fans, coaching staff, people around him and then brings up his addiction problem saying it is impossible to play in 207 straight games without pain.

A: Favre says that he was in pain, and ultimately that (play football) was what he wanted to do, and he didn't want to let anyone down. Talked about in general dealing with being addicted, sleeping around 4-5 hours a week, wanting to be there on Tuesday so bad and not wanting to miss any practice. Said he would be so worn out during the QB meetings, he would literally be faling down during the meetings and how people knew something was wrong. Then talked about how when he was addicted, the hardest part was to admit he had a problem, because as long as he could play football it didn't seem important to admit that. Favre said he didn't see it as a problem at all at first, but eventually he realized it wasn't normal and something that would hurt him in the long run.

The last question sort of had me thinking about K-Rob's situation, and I just thought really Brett would be able to understand what he is going through better than almost all other people. Brett would know what to say, when to back-off, how to get his points across, and I just thought that if K-Rob were to sign, it might be a great match between the two.

Ended with a preview of the final part to be aired on Friday September8, 2006. Preview said they would talk about Brett coming back on this team, the team in particular, and how close Brett actually came to walking away.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Brown interviewed Favre on Monday for Fox Sports. The gist, Favre returned because he still loves to play football.....case closed.
Hammer

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts