1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MontanaBob

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 25, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: MontanaBob
    Current city: Missoula Montana
    Hometown: Whitefish Bay Wisconsin (Milwaukee)

1) How did you choose your screen name?

A co-teacher of mine out here gave me a nick name of Sheboygan Bob when I moved here as I taught in Sheboygan for 10 years. I changed it to MontanaBob for the forum.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Toledo, Ohio and we moved to Milwaukee when I was 5. I have a younger sister who lives in Solon Springs Wisconsin and works in the school district there and a younger brother who lives in Milwaukee, and is a professor at Milwaukee School of Engineering and golf coach there. My mother is still alive and lives in Milwaukee.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Sports were my life back then...I guess they still are being a PE teacher. I was a four year letter winner in Track and speed skating. I played football for two years as a punter and placekicker holder. That way I wouldn't get hurt. You know, can't touch the punter. HA! I was president of the letterman's club my Senior year. Believe it or not I was in Senior Choir and still sing in the shower. All our neighbors have moved away.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Having fun, pulling pranks, and driving around Milwaukee in the winter having vehicle to vehicle snowball fights. Load the back seat and floor with snowballs and find some other kids doing the same thing and the war began. Sometimes we'd cover from Whitefish Bay to South Milwaukee in a night. Wauwatosa was our favorite target...the kids there had poor arms throwing from a moving vehicle.

5) What was your first job?

I worked at my Dad's place of work, Building Service Industrial Sales out near Hwy 100 and Bluemound Road. This was a Fiberglas supply company and my job was to glue the Kraft or foil backing on rolls of insulation. Not fun! We wore masks and as few clothes as possible, because by the end of the day you looked like a roll or R-32 insulation yourself.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

There was NO other option in our family. My Dad was a salesman and Green Bay was one of his calls and he took me often on trips with him up there just to watch the old Packers practice. He'd leave me at the practice field and make his calls. I got pretty good at shagging balls for Tobin Rote, and holding for Fred Cone.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Bart Starr sneaking into the endzone against Dallas in Ice Bowl I. We were right above him in the 5th or 6th row. My butt is still frozen from that game.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

I was on another forum that pretty much went belly up and got ugly, so I cruised around and found this and love it. Cheesey and the whole rest of the gang keep me active. Reading some of the threads makes my day.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Bucks, (just to see if they can win two in a row), Brewers and Cubs, just to see them choke at the end of the season.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Work...but only for 37 more days. I've got a ton of projects lined up for my retirement, but I'm getting tired thinking about them so I'm forgetting about them. Ah, retired life!

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

That's a hard one. I want some position where you guys here don't yell at me and get all bent out of shape. So.........how about General Manager of the Vikings? In one month you guys would love me. So would Vikesrule. Honestly though, I'd like to be groundskeeper. Just think, me messing around with the hallowed turf of Lambeau. Call it home field advantage.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

I don't really remember the number but it's probably 30 to 40. Some for practices and about 25 games since 1957.

13) What is your worst fear?

That Vikesrule would get elected President and change Packer colors to Pink and Purple.
    Really...getting old and not being able to take care of myself or yell at the TV when the Packers play.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

I do woodburning on Basswood placques and sometimes sell them at bazaars (I'm not gonna get rich with this) and I like to work around the house fixing things I've broken by trying to fix them previously.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Anything I can get in my mouth. With beer! Actually, I love rice and chicken casseroles, and Country Fried Steak.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I've never been out of the country, unless you count Minnesota, but I love the Southwest desert areas. I'd move up some dry canyon in New Mexico or Arizona in a hearbeat, but my wife just gives me "THE LOOK" and I forget about it for a few days. In Wisconsin my favorite place was our summer home up at Eagle River. I miss that.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

See the New England States in the Fall. And this is on our list of definite to do's when my wife retires in two years.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

As I mentioned I love the Southwest desert. There is a small canyon just east of Santa Fe, NM that is beautiful. Not much winter, mountains around, and great views.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

My 5 favorite Packers of all time:
    Bart Starr. Simply becasue he was a smart QB that new his limits and new how to exploit other teams weaknesses.
    Paul Hornung..his work ethic was great. Love that in a guy.
    Brett Favre..no need to explain here. Simply the best.
    Ray Nitschke....man could that guy bite opponents without any teeth. Hard nosed, but a nice guy.
    Chester Marcol...man, I would have loved to have been the holder for that guy. Well, maybe not! He wanted the ball tilted a bit different for every kick. Make up your mind chester. The Polish Prince!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

Oh boy. I would have to say that reading all the posts and the good-natured bantering back and forth are great. I think it's the friendships that we all have, even though most of us have never met. I've only met Cheesey and he is the greatest, but each time I read something from one of you it is like an old time friend is there. This is a great site and I hope it stays this way. It's fun when you can have fans of other teams on a site and have some good natured ribbing going back and forth.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

Anything else you'd like to say? Who Farted?? (Bob looks around and his office is empty)
    Keep up the great work! This site is fun, fun, fun, 'till your daddy takes the T-bird away.

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?

I would really like to know more about Vikesrule. This guy is fun and has contributed much to this forum, even if it is in a foreign language.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GREAT read Bob!!!!
    I KNEW you wouldn't let me down!!!!
    Snowball fights from car to car........boy......"drive by shootings" sure were different back then!
    And....."and I like to work around the house fixing things I've broken by trying to fix them previously" I LOVE that line!!!
    Now me, i don't even TRY to fix things......cause i KNOW i'll only make them worse! :lol:
    One time, i had a clogged sink........tried one of those power blaster thingys that use pressure to blow out the clog........the water went down GREAT!!!!...............i blew the pipe off under the sink! :lol:

3. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice read Bob. You didn't have a hand in building Lambeau did you?

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bob - This country is gorgeous. People love to brag all day about other countries, but then they haven't been around here. I've been to other countries and to 27 states (got 23 to go) and I'll tell ya, you ain't missing much. See the rest of this country. :)

Snowball fights from cars. I'm jealous. Never did that.

Great interview. I enjoy talking to you. Feel free to rib me back. I was joking when I said I cut myself when people do. ;)

And would love to hear Vikesrule. he's hilarious!

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great read Bob!! I didnt know that you had family in WI, we have something in common. :)

I cannot wait for Vikesrule myself, hes a great asset to this site.

6. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was an outstanding read

7. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No kidding. Could you imagine shagging balls today? Theres no way they'd let some random person walk up and do that. Too cool, Bob!

8. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    you made snowball fights dangerous. i love that.

you were also at the freakin Ice Bowl. I love that even more.

good interview.

9. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The snowball fights were fun and no one got hurt. We had some unwritten rules that everyone followed....obey the traffic laws; no speeding; if you hit a pedestrian pick them up and set them in a snowbank :lol: ; if a car got stuck in a snowbank we'd all stop and push the guy out, then continue the fight. If a car had Illinois plates, then all rules were off. :twisted:
    One time we came up on a car at a stoplight on West Wisconsin Ave, about 27th st or so. We showed our colors (snowballs in hand) and they showed theirs and we took off. About a block later we realized that the driver of the other car was a woman....in fact she looked familiar....and damned if it wasn't one of our High School teachers and her son and his friends.
    She swore us to secrecy that Monday morning at school...or we'd see F's in her English class. :lol:

10. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Great read Bob. you brought many of my childhood memories too. We used to have the same type of "auto fights" however, they were with eggs. (fits the continuim...snowballs, eggs, bullets).

Great read.... Is there enough bandwidth for Vikesrule to talk about his youth. I have this picture of a gnome laying on the psych's couch starting with, (well, I was born a poor purple child...) :p

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Bob!
    I didn't know your last name was "DUH!" :lol:

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Nice read Bob.. our Attrium poster, rarely do you see Bob wander anywhere but the Attrium..

Waiting for another crazy Montana story.. Bison, Squirrel's oh my.. :lol:

Enjoy those few last days in school...

13. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pack93z, I do cruise the other areas here, but have fun in the atrium area. Most of you are much more up to date on who's who with the Pack than I am so I leave well enough alone. I follow the team as a whole and don't get involved in the bantering/bickering/name calling in some areas. Just not me.
    Love your Avatar....I think I know that one. His nose looks familiar. I gotta get a look at his teeth though, then I'd know for sure!

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
  15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!!!
    Bob's gonna be havin' nightmares now!!!! :lol:

16. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh my God!!!! That's the one. :shock: I recognize his beady eyes and that "Up Yours" look on his face. OK, time to call in the calvary. My Wham-O sling shot....model 007.... is coming out of retirement.

When this is all over the squirrels around here are gonna think twice, or maybe even thrice, about messing with MontanaBob. WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED! Our slash burning season is open now and what better time to ignite the old chimney with a little bit of jet fuel. Blow those damn squirrels clear to St. Paul. Then VikesRule can deal with them. :lol:

Gotta go....there's bad squirrels out there to be caught or blown to bits.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Bob seems to be a little......"squirrelly"....don't ya think???