1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MontanaBob and the Buffalo: Part 2

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jan 22, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you remember my infamous adventure earlier with a herd of Bison during a snowstorm. It seems my adventure has made the law enforcement circles and the National Park Service.

This past Saturday I headed into town in the morning and as I rounded a bend in the highway there were familiar dark objects crossing the road. Sheriff cars had blocked the road, and ranchers were herding the buffalo across the highway to another section of land. I stopped and got out to watch....these critters were moving awfully slow.....and from across the road a shrill female voice yells, "Hey Bob, why don't you make some snowballs and throw them at these Bison. (laughter) I hear you're pretty good at getting them to move." (more laughter from another deputy)

I walk over and Deputy Sheila is doubled over laughing. Across the road another deputy is also having a good laugh at my expense. I slowly put two and two together..... Sheila is the daughter of the guy whose property we crossed that morning. Her Dad called her and told her that a couple of idiots went along the river trail in that blizzard, and he was sure it was me.
    By that afternoon the story was all over Missoula County. Then to top it off, the other deputy says he talked with Amy Vanderbilt, Superintendent of Glacier National Park, and she wants me to come up this summer and throw snowballs at the Grizzly Bears so they move around a bit so the tourists can see them.

Ha!!.....I'm not THAT stupid! :rubeyes:

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wel, you are a Packer Fan !

[​IMG]

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking in third person, "Montana Bob". Shame on you, you egotistical bastard!!

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now....where did you get that photo of Bob???
    GREAT story Bob!
    Hey......you wouldn't have to worry about the grizzly bears..........there's NO way they could catch you! They'd be slipping in the POOP trail you would be leaving as you ran away!!! :rotflmao:

5. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah Bob! Your fame goes before you :thumbsup:

That reward's a bit low, Vikes! :!:

Chris

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez Louise Digs, I'll have to tell MontanaBob not to do that again. If Montana had known grammar and proper English counted he would have been much more careful. :rotflmao:

The Buffalo also thank you for your correction. :thumbsup:

7. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you know...Digs really is a fan of proper English, Montana Bob!! LOL

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I knew MY Grammer! (And my Gramper, too!!!) :thumbsup:

9. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do I get the feeling from this story that every person in Montana knows every person in the state?

10. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe because they are all related to each other. :shrug:

You know, long cold winters and then throw the Buffalo into the mix.....well.....

:rotflmao:

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually subin, when you have only 900,000 people in 146,000 square miles of land sooner or later in your travels you will meet almost everyone.
    Or.............you will not meet very many people at all.

Vikesrule....it seems to me that everyone that lives north of US highway 2 from Wisconsin to Idaho is related. Youbetcha! :rubeyes:

12. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    UFFDA !