Montana says Favre is playing coy to avoid training camp

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana thinks he has Brett Favre figured out.Favre, Montana says, has already decided to return to the Minnesota Vikings for the 2010 season. But Favre doesn't want to go through offseason workouts, minicamps, organized team...
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana thinks he has Brett Favre figured out.

Favre, Montana says, has already decided to return to the Minnesota Vikings for the 2010 season. But Favre doesn't want to go through offseason workouts, minicamps, organized team activities, training camp and all the other rough stuff that NFL players have to do from March through August, so that's why -- in Montana's view -- Favre hasn't announced yet whether he's playing.

"He says he's not sure [about playing] because he doesn't want to go to training camp. He's smart," Montana told Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I'm sure he already has that agreement with them. Nine chances out of 10 they already know and they've already had this whole conversation and they should just let everybody know because they know he's going to come back."

Montana says Favre doesn't want to put himself through any sweltering August workouts when he could be relaxing at home. But Montana also says Favre ought to know that he could just show up at the Vikings' camp and tell the coaches to take it easy on him.

"He knows he's going to come back, but the reason they don't say anything is because he doesn't want to go through training camp," Montana said. "If he didn't have to go through training camp, his decision would already be made, but he should know by now going to training camp isn't going to be hard. They'd never make it ******* him."

Montana doesn't think Favre will have any trouble showing up in time for the end of the preseason and shaking off the rust.

"It's easy once you know an offense and have been there for so many years," Montana said. "All you really need is a couple quarters in a game and to get hit a couple times to get back in tune. You can get a lot of the other stuff in practices. It's just getting used to that movement and feel of the game. You can easily do it if you've played enough years."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
no duh............lol I think most most figure that he is doing it to skip that stuff

but as last year showed he is capable of missing and still perform well

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first years it was a mystery. Will Favre retire? But he said he would. Now he wants to come back???OOOOHHHHH!!!

But we all know what's happening... he just wants to skip all minicamps, TCs and OTAs.

By the second preseason game, he'll make up his mind. He'll probably still play, but it's no use worrying about that before that time spam...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is just being himself......and I agree with Montana.
Favre will come strolling in sometime in the preseason. All the backups will have most of the reps (which is good). Watch the Vikings pick a QB maybe in the 2nd round anyhow.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant wait for him to come back, I love cheering against him more than I loved cheering for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts