Molds

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like he has been around a long time he might be a little long in the tooth to bother with.
I haven't heard much about him lately except for the current negative behavior being reported.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Moulds? If that's the guy you're referring to, then yeah you should add him at a discount. I wouldn't over spend for him, but he'd make a great compliment to Walker.

He hasn't had fewer than 64 catches since 1998. Nor has he had fewer than 780 yards since 98. TDs = minimum 5 a year (with exception of 1 in 03) since 98. All of that with the constant changing of QBs (Losman, Holcomb, Bledsoe, Flutie, etc, etc, etc). How does that compare to DD or Ferguson?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I would go after Moulds. He would be a huge upgrade over Fergy.

Perhaps as a replacement for Fergie, if he's cheap. He has been in the league for 10 years and has caught a lot of passes.
Hammer

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I would go after Moulds. He would be a huge upgrade over Fergy.

The question is whether he'd accept a role as a third stringer behind Walker and Driver? I can't believe he'd want to go somewhere to be a 3rd receiver (although he may want to play with Brett if he decides to come back).

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TO..

Receiver is NOT the strength of this team....

What do you guys have against having a little depth with some veterans at that position?

Remember the '96 SB team? We had a ton of talent at WR and needed it all...remember Don Beebe..?

Jesus Christ..TT..sign somebody with some experience and talent for god's sake...

(Packman...at first..I thought you were talking about that unsightly stuff that gathers on your bathroom tile.....!)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say it was the strength of the team I said it was a position of strength on this team (note the difference). Someday you'll learn that you can't have all pros at every position and that Walker, Driver, Fergie, Murphy and Chatman is a pretty good group (perhaps one of the best in the NFL).

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well..TO...

You'll forgive me if I don't agree...

Walker..good..but coming back from a major injury

Driver: Good..but getting older...

Fergie: Not good..a major disappointment...mediocre at best...

Murphy: Rookie..unknown whether good or not..coming off of major injury...

Chatman...OK...nothing to write home about....decent #4 receiver....

What this group needs is a crafty, experienced, talented guy like Molds..or someone else who can bolster the offense and move the chains..someone proven and tested...who Favre can trust...

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't happen because Molds would cost too much. He'd be a great pick-up though and I'd be happen to see him as a Packer. TT has shown a preference for bringing in young guys with potential.

With all of the holes to fill this season, TT has chosen guys who we'd normally pick-up in the offseason to see if they could develop. This system works for the offseason, but it hasn't produced during the season. He should have been filling those early injury holes with proven veteran players ready to step in and contribute. Instead we've been forced to play guys at NFLE level who need time to be ready for the NFL level.

All that being said, if a GM has a good chance to improve a position on the team, then he should take it! With FAs and salary cap, there's no such thing as having too much talent.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Moulds

p@ck66,
I totally agree with you on Fergie and Chatman.
We may never see Murphy on the field again, hopefully I'm wrong.
Walker should return to his previous form (hopefully).
I disagree on any Driver- Moulds comparison, although you weren't really comparing them- just making a case for hiring Moulds.
Driver is 2 years younger than Moulds, has 3 years less wear and tear on his body..
This year Driver has more catches for almost twice as many yards, more TD receptions and approx. 4 more yards per reception than Moulds.
I realize there has been QB issues in Buffalo which could affect Moulds stats, but I think since next year would be the earliest that Moulds would be available I think we will be able to do better.
What would be the point of bringing him in now even if he was available.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if you look at receivers around the league that is one of the best lists out there. Indy is better and maybe the Rams but I really don't see who else is. I'd put that list against most other teams and I'd bet it would stack up against most of them (certainly in the top 5 league-wide).

Members online

Latest posts