OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/
Eric Ebron*TE
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

North Carolina 6043v250v4.60v
The Packers will also consider the top safeties if any are available. Eric Ebron fills a major need as a receiver and a TE.He lines up wide or in the slot and can beat coverage with strength, athleticism, and quickness. He is equally as skilled catching a screen, crosser, or vertical route. ARM: 33 1/4, HAND: 10", BP 24 Reps.

NEEDS: TE,S,OLB SELECTIONS: 7 1/21, 2/53, 3/85, 4, 5, 6, 7

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46359/60/pre-free-agency-mock-draft?pg=2

21. Green Bay Packers -- Louisville S Calvin Pryor

NFL Network's Mike Mayock has projected Pryor as a top-15 pick, dubbing him a "bigger version of Bob Sanders." Annually in need of more defensive physicality, I think Green Bay would sprint to the podium for Pryor at 21. A clock-cleaning hitter with ample range, Pryor can play strong or free, and interchangeable is how coordinator Dom Capers fancies his safeties. Incumbent SS Morgan Burnett is coming off a miserable season, while FS M.D. Jennings is not a starting-caliber player.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21. Green Bay Packers: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois: This is a lot higher than I'€™ve seen Ward going in other mock drafts, but I see Green Bay as the right fit. The sky'€™s the limit for this kid, a hard-hitting safety who could also cover receivers in the slot. Ward didn'€™t participate at the combine due to a foot injury, but I don'€™t see it impacting his draft stock too much.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...3-0-who-is-moving-up-after-nfl-combine-022814

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

Okay Packer Nation, you got what you wanted. No more tweaking you with wide receivers in this spot (although I still believe GB would do it for the right guy). The overwhelming position of need as declared by you, the Packers fan, is Strong Safety. Ted Thompson has never taken a safety this high, but then again, the Packers safety position has never been in such bad shape during his tenure. Pryor measured in at the Combine at 5'11," a full 3" shorter than the 6'2" he was listed in college. That should help ensure the hitting machine will be sitting there for the Packers to consider.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/post-free-agency-mock-draft/

I keep seeing barr taken a pick or two before us, which appeals to me as I could see him as a diamond in this draft.

26. Browns (from Colts): Trai Turner, guard, LSU.

A surprisingly meat-and-potatoes offseason continues for a team that has lost guardShawn Lauvao and could lose center Alex Mack, this year or maybe next year.

I had the Packers taking Turner in the 6th in my last mock and I called it a gamble. 1st round? Bwhahahaha! I used CBS and Draftek to determine availability.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46359/60/pre-free-agency-mock-draft?pg=2

21. Green Bay Packers -- Louisville S Calvin Pryor

NFL Network's Mike Mayock has projected Pryor as a top-15 pick, dubbing him a "bigger version of Bob Sanders." Annually in need of more defensive physicality, I think Green Bay would sprint to the podium for Pryor at 21. A clock-cleaning hitter with ample range, Pryor can play strong or free, and interchangeable is how coordinator Dom Capers fancies his safeties. Incumbent SS Morgan Burnett is coming off a miserable season, while FS M.D. Jennings is not a starting-caliber player.
This is my ideal dream 1st round pick.

Ideal 2nd round pick is Chris Borland.

Sadly, I think both guys will be gone before we pick.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Ebron or cj Mosely are available at 21 I'd like TT to trade down and pick up another 2nd and 4th rd pick. I'd also like to see TT trade his 3rd and 4th for another 2nd round pick. The Packers would then be left with 3 2 NFC round picks, the comp 3rd, a 4th. With the 3 2nd round picks TT gets Deonne Buchannon, Borland and Donte Moncreif.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unless Ebron or cj Mosely are available at 21 I'd like TT to trade down and pick up another 2nd and 4th rd pick. I'd also like to see TT trade his 3rd and 4th for another 2nd round pick. The Packers would then be left with 3 2 NFC round picks, the comp 3rd, a 4th. With the 3 2nd round picks TT gets Deonne Buchannon, Borland and Donte Moncreif.

If the Packers end up with three second round picks I would be disappointed if we draft the three guys you suggested.

paulcambull

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read a couple times in this thread that Barr will fall out of the top 10. That is highly unlikely, he was a top 10 prospect all year and has done nothing to diminish that.

Is anyone doing any collaborative mock drafts?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers end up with three second round picks I would be disappointed if we draft the three guys you suggested.
Borland would be great.
Buchannon, not sure but I'll take him.
Moncrief is good too but we need a TE like an Amaro or Niklas.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with getting Borland in the 3rd round, don´t think he would be great value in the 2nd.
Kiper has the Broncos taking Borland in the 1st round, pick #31:
The Broncos have to get better at inside linebacker, and given the window they are working with, I want to take a player who can come in and upgrade the position immediately. Borland does that.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...draft-mel-kiper-makes-picks-gm-every-nfl-team
McShay just said this after mocking Borland to the Colts in Rd 2, pick 59:
I was surprised Borland lasted this long, but I think this is a case where positional value bumps him down a bit. I have an early second-round grade on him.

And Mike Mayock loves him too and said he'd never get out of the 2nd round if he was drafting.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kiper has the Broncos taking Borland in the 1st round, pick #31:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...draft-mel-kiper-makes-picks-gm-every-nfl-team
McShay just said this after mocking Borland to the Colts in Rd 2, pick 59:

And Mike Mayock loves him too and said he'd never get out of the 2nd round if he was drafting.

I´m totally aware of the fact that some experts have Borland rated higher than the 3rd round. I still don´t want the Packers to take him earlier than that.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m totally aware of the fact that some experts have Borland rated higher than the 3rd round. I still don´t want the Packers to take him earlier than that.
Jeez, tough crowd.

Usually I am the one who is negative towards Badger players as I am not a Wisconsin fan, growing up in Minnesota and Texas.

But Borland is Luke Keuchly-like if there ever was one.
Maybe more like Sam Mills or Zach Thomas, and that would make our defense so much better.

Hawk and Brad Jones leave a lot to be desired. I believe Borland is a big upgrade there. Big. Not just a little.

paulcambull

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my latest mock I have the Packers taking Shazier in the first.

And Kiper is the biggest idiot when it comes to the draft.

"Jimmy Clausen is a first round lock!" - Mel Kiper

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my latest mock I have the Packers taking Shazier in the first.

And Kiper is the biggest idiot when it comes to the draft.

"Jimmy Clausen is a first round lock!" - Mel Kiper
If Shazier can play ILB, I think he might be a great pick for us, even though he doesnt have Borland's instincts.

If we took Shazier or Mosely, that would make our WHOLE STARTING FRONT 7 be first round draft picks.

Datone - Raji - Peppers
Matthews - Hawk - Shazier - N Perry

Plus Old Pickett was a 1st rounder.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Shazier can play ILB, I think he might be a great pick for us, even though he doesnt have Borland's instincts.

If we took Shazier or Mosely, that would make our WHOLE STARTING FRONT 7 be first round draft picks.

Datone - Raji - Peppers
Matthews - Hawk - Shazier - N Perry

Plus Old Pickett was a 1st rounder.

Which is why it would be nice to land Pryor or Dix in the 1st, then Borland in the 2nd. Alas, I don't think we'll see those 2 safeties.

paulcambull

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mosely would be a nice addition ( I have him going to the Eagles immediately after) but I think Shazier's ability to play all of the LB positions adds to his value along with what appears to be superior athleticism to C.J.

Is anybody doing any collaborative mocks around these parts?

paulcambull

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pryor and Dix might not make it out of the top 16, after that the safety class is questionable at best.

Bucannon later maybe?

Members online

Latest posts