Mock Draft 2.0

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably take heat for not wanting defense given how awful our secondary was and pass rush in playoffs... but I want Evan Engram TE/WR in the first round if he is there. Cobb and Jordy (getting older/knee) are FA in 2018 I believe and Adams will also be a FA. Cobb's role (overpaid 10M) would be slightly reduced, but he can also play some RB. Engram catches the ball well, is an excellent athlete at 6-3 1/2 235 4.39. Sprinkle in Kendricks, Ripowski, Montgomery. How do you stop Nelson and Adams on the perimeter, Bennett at TE, Cobb or Montgomery at RB and Engram in the slot...

Engram is versatile also. While he may never be a great blocker, he could play on the line as a TE, H-Back, slot receiver or out wide. I like Watt, but think Engram would have a greater impact on the overall game since rules seem to favor the offense in today's nfl imo.

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go CB and LB round 2 and 3. Maybe Fackrell steps up this year. I like Fabian Moreau in rd. 2

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Probably take heat for not wanting defense given how awful our secondary was and pass rush in playoffs... but I want Evan Engram TE/WR in the first round if he is there. Cobb and Jordy (getting older/knee) are FA in 2018 I believe and Adams will also be a FA. Cobb's role (overpaid 10M) would be slightly reduced, but he can also play some RB. Engram catches the ball well, is an excellent athlete at 6-3 1/2 235 4.39. Sprinkle in Kendricks, Ripowski, Montgomery. How do you stop Nelson and Adams on the perimeter, Bennett at TE, Cobb or Montgomery at RB and Engram in the slot...

Engram is versatile also. While he may never be a great blocker, he could play on the line as a TE, H-Back, slot receiver or out wide. I like Watt, but think Engram would have a greater impact on the overall game since rules seem to favor the offense in today's nfl imo.

Where does Engram fall on the depth chart when you have Martellus Bennett for 3 years, Lance Kendricks for 2 years and Richard Rodgers? I don't doubt Engram could be a decent TE, if we needed a TE. Too much of a luxury pick at a position that might currently be the deepest on the team to warrant a #1 pick on, especially with so many other needs this year and coming up in 2018.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can probably drop Gareon Conley out of the first round conversation after today. Whether the allegations have any merit, it might be enough news of a very sensitive subject, so close to the draft that it will cause him to fall. Conley has announced that he won't be attending the draft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As I've mentioned in another thread the Packers don't need another tight end. In addition it would be a reach to select Engram in the first round.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Conley most likely falling out of the first 2 rounds at least, I fear that the Packers will have less choices at CB in rounds 1 and 2. King may be gone in rnd 1 and Moreau in rnd 2 before the Packers are on the board.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've mentioned in another thread the Packers don't need another tight end. In addition it would be a reach to select Engram in the first round.

If O.j. Howard falls to 29 TT would have to seriously consider him. He's a faster more athletic 22 year old version of Bennett. with how important the te position to the offense it would be hard not to make a case for Howard. then you pair him with all 3 this year or perhaps cut Rodgers. Rodgers gone after this season. you would secure a star tight end for at least next 5 years between Bennett and Howard

D

Deleted member 6794

If O.j. Howard falls to 29 TT would have to seriously consider him. He's a faster more athletic 22 year old version of Bennett. with how important the te position to the offense it would be hard not to make a case for Howard. then you pair him with all 3 this year or perhaps cut Rodgers. Rodgers gone after this season. you would secure a star tight end for at least next 5 years between Bennett and Howard

I would still not be excited about the Packers selecting a tight end with way more pressing needs at other positions.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If OJ Howard falls to 29, you take him and never look back. He's one of the top 5 overall prospects in this class. But he absolutely will not be there.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't want the Packers to select either Mixon or Howard in the first round.

To much damage has been done Captain by not addressing immediate needs this offseason. Nobody that they get in first round is gonna come in and turn the defense around. Also, Thompson's record isn't that great when drafting defense in first round. I don't want some guy from the Pac 12 that's gonna be hurt all the time.

Mine as well take the offense to a whole new level.

D

Deleted member 6794

To much damage has been done Captain by not addressing immediate needs this offseason. Nobody that they get in first round is gonna come in and turn the defense around.

I agree with that but nevertheless a first round pick could at least improve the defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I kind of hope Howard falls to #29, that would give TT the perfect opportunity to maximize the value of a trade back with a team that covets Howard.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree with that but nevertheless a first round pick could at least improve the defense.

Well the thing is I think the Packers can get a similar player in 2nd and 3rd round picks that they can get at 29. I say maximize the pick and get the best player who is available who is Joe Mixon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well the thing is I think the Packers can get a similar player in 2nd and 3rd round picks that they can get at 29. I say maximize the pick and get the best player who is available who is Joe Mixon.
If all you are looking for is the "best player on the field", that might hold true. There are other things the Packers consider when drafting a player though. Those things have been debated on Mixon and others, so I won't repeat them.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If all you are looking for is the "best player on the field", that might hold true. There are other things the Packers consider when drafting a player though. Those things have been debated on Mixon and others, so I won't repeat them.

And that fine. With all the information that I can gather I see a young kid that had an anger problem. He doesn't even drink alcohol. The guy is holding football camps for kids and doing all kinds of service work. I would rather get someone that has a problem that has been adressed then some of these other guys that have flown under the radar waiting to blow up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And that fine. With all the information that I can gather I see a young kid that had an anger problem. He doesn't even drink alcohol. The guy is holding football camps for kids and doing all kinds of service work. I would rather get someone that has a problem that has been adressed then some of these other guys that have flown under the radar waiting to blow up.

No doubt, it's a decision that I am sure many teams are struggling with in regards to Mixon as well as other players. I think it is far easier for a team to justify rolling the dice on a player with questions surrounding a player's ability to perform as a football player (injuries, combine #'s, etc.), but when it comes to deciding on character and being able to keep a player on the football field, it's a big old crap shoot and a guessing game to try and figure out the odds of success. Character is something Ted Thompson seems to weight pretty heavily, which is why I am not so sure he will roll the dice on being confident enough in Mixon's to spend a high pick on him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, it's a decision that I am sure many teams are struggling with in regards to Mixon as well as other players. I think it is far easier for a team to justify rolling the dice on a player with questions surrounding a player's ability to perform as a football player (injuries, combine #'s, etc.), but when it comes to deciding on character and being able to keep a player on the football field, it's a big old crap shoot and a guessing game to try and figure out the odds of success. Character is something Ted Thompson seems to weight pretty heavily, which is why I am not so sure he will roll the dice on being confident enough in Mixon's to spend a high pick on him.

I really don't think anyone thinks that Mixon is going to hit another woman. I'm sure he knows that if he does anything shady he is done for and his ability to make great money playing a game will be in serious jeapordy. Anyways I kinda doubt TT would take Mixon in first round but I absolutely think he would in 2nd unfortunately mixon will be gone by 61. which is why we all gotta hope the draft works out in a way that a trade back to the early 2nd is possiable

Members online

Latest posts