MM - Wins COY from NFL Alumni Association

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Apparently NFL alums care alittle that Billy Boy cheated... speaks loud IMO.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/03/mccarthy-wins-one-honor.aspx

McCarthy wins one honor
By Greg A. Bedard
Thursday, Jan 3 2008, 04:33 PM
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy, who lost the AP coach of the year award to New England's Bill Belichick, was chosen the league's coach of the year by the NFL Alumni Association.

Here's the press release:

Tom Brady and Randy Moss, the NFL's new single- season record holders for touchdown passes and catches, respectively, were among 10 current stars voted by former players as NFL Alumni 2007 Player of the Year honorees. The complete selections are:

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Tom Brady (New England Patriots)

Running Back: Brian Westbrook (Philadelphia Eagles)

Wide Receiver: Randy Moss (New England Patriots)

Tight End: Jason Witten (Dallas Cowboys)

Offensive Lineman: Jeff Saturday (Indianapolis Colts)

DEFENSE

Defensive Lineman: Mario Williams (Houston Texans)

Pass Rusher: Jared Allen (Kansas City Chiefs)

Linebacker: Patrick Willis (San Francisco 49ers)

Defensive Back: Antonio Cromartie (San Diego Chargers)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams Player: Devin Hester (Chicago Bears)

Coach: Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers)

These players were honored by a unique voting process in which former players cast ballots for their modern counterparts. Former pros vote only for the positions they once played themselves.

The 2007 awardees will be honored at the 26th annual Player of the Year Awards Dinner, to be held Friday evening, Feb. 1, 2008, at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Ariz. The fundraising dinner will be held on the eve of Super Bowl XLII. During the awards ceremony, each awardee will receive his NFL Alumni Player of the Year award from a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame who once played the same position. The Don Shula Coach of the Year Award will be presented by the legendary Coach Don Shula.

The NFL Alumni Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) charity composed of former NFL players and associate members who work voluntarily to raise funds for youth-oriented causes. The NFL Alumni advances its motto of Caring for Kids from its national headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and an additional 30 chapters across the country.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently NFL alums care alittle that Billy Boy cheated... speaks loud IMO.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/03/mccarthy-wins-one-honor.aspx

McCarthy wins one honor
By Greg A. Bedard
Thursday, Jan 3 2008, 04:33 PM
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy, who lost the AP coach of the year award to New England's Bill Belichick, was chosen the league's coach of the year by the NFL Alumni Association.

Here's the press release:

Tom Brady and Randy Moss, the NFL's new single- season record holders for touchdown passes and catches, respectively, were among 10 current stars voted by former players as NFL Alumni 2007 Player of the Year honorees. The complete selections are:

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Tom Brady (New England Patriots)

Running Back: Brian Westbrook (Philadelphia Eagles)

Wide Receiver: Randy Moss (New England Patriots)

Tight End: Jason Witten (Dallas Cowboys)

Offensive Lineman: Jeff Saturday (Indianapolis Colts)

DEFENSE

Defensive Lineman: Mario Williams (Houston Texans)

Pass Rusher: Jared Allen (Kansas City Chiefs)

Linebacker: Patrick Willis (San Francisco 49ers)

Defensive Back: Antonio Cromartie (San Diego Chargers)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams Player: Devin Hester (Chicago Bears)

Coach: Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers)

These players were honored by a unique voting process in which former players cast ballots for their modern counterparts. Former pros vote only for the positions they once played themselves.

The 2007 awardees will be honored at the 26th annual Player of the Year Awards Dinner, to be held Friday evening, Feb. 1, 2008, at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Ariz. The fundraising dinner will be held on the eve of Super Bowl XLII. During the awards ceremony, each awardee will receive his NFL Alumni Player of the Year award from a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame who once played the same position. The Don Shula Coach of the Year Award will be presented by the legendary Coach Don Shula.

The NFL Alumni Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) charity composed of former NFL players and associate members who work voluntarily to raise funds for youth-oriented causes. The NFL Alumni advances its motto of Caring for Kids from its national headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and an additional 30 chapters across the country.

Congrats MM! Good thing someone appreciates his work besides us fans.

A lot of you might disagree with their RB pick, but I think Westbrook is single-handedly the most underrated player in the NFL. That team would fold without him.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A lot of you might disagree with their RB pick, but I think Westbrook is single-handedly the most underrated player in the NFL. That team would fold without him.

I completely agree about Westbrook, McNabb gets a lot of credit for what Westbrook does IMO.

And congrats to McCarthy, it was definitely deserved.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

I completely agree about Westbrook, McNabb gets a lot of credit for what Westbrook does IMO.

And congrats to McCarthy, it was definitely deserved.

That's why McNabb looks good. He throws a 2 yard pass to Westbrook who regularly turns it into a 15 yard gain. Agreed that the wrong person is getting the credit. But apparently, NFL alums get it.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Glad Mike got the acknowledgment he deserves, the coach of the year award, I think, its outrageous

And I agree 100% on Westbrook, the things he has done this year has kept Philly from hitting rock bottom, congrats to him as well :D

Members online

Latest posts