MM Winning them Over :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers McCarthy quickly wins over players

Sunday, 07 May 2006
Green Bay - While the Green Bay Packers were getting used to having a new coach for the first time in six seasons, Mike McCarthy was doing some adjusting of his own.
For the last 14 seasons, McCarthy was an assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs, Packers, New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers.

Now, McCarthy is in charge, and he’s not entirely used to it.

“It’s different. I’m not going to lie to you,â€

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a human being I liked Mike Sherman. I don't think it would be possible for anyone to want for the Green Bay Packers to have been successful more than Mike Sherman. He clearly understood the tradition of the Green Bay Packers. He also understood the importance of team chemistry and early on I liked a lot of the things he did. The problem with poor Mike was that he made a boat load of bad choices in who he kept as coaches. Mike Sherman the GM, cost Mike Sherman the coach his job. But as a coach the one thing that I never liked about Mike Sherman was that he didn't appear to have that fire in his gut that great coaches have.

I suspect that this is something that will be a forte with Mike McCarthy. I think that fire can help make a bad team good and a good team great. I'm betting that there will be some high expectations for this team and I'm betting that there will be consequences for poor play and that alone should help to make this team better.

I also believe that players like to play for a coach who has that fire. Brett should enjoy this year immensely.

Members online

Latest posts