MM will let Favre loose on the field

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to basics for Favre

"He’s been in the same offense his whole career," McCarthy said. "I think it will be an advantage to the football team and the quarterback if we go back to those base concepts and let him play. I've done the volume thing. I don’t believe volume is the way to go. I think it’s important to put players in positions that they’re very comfortable with and let them play."
----------------------------

Although "Favre" "new coach" and "back to basics" sounds like a diss to Favre (everything is dissing favre these days) it sounds like he is gonna let Favre loose on the field, and let him be a cowboy. Yeee-haW!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like he'll have more options.

Favre always said he just runs the plays they call. It sounds like he'll have more freedom(maybe input, i dunno)

It just sounds like the opposite of Sherman\Rossley, so that excites me.

Sorry

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already sent Boerigter an e-mail telling him to stand close to a throwing machine to get ready for the Favre fastball and prepare for "Favre Finger".

I am wary of the back to basics as I saw San Francisco running the same plays over and over again last year. No deception or variety. Perhaps the "success" was not all Alex Smith.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith = Looks to be a big bust (although i hope not, he seems nice)

Favre=HoF tough rugged man of manliness who i would do in a seco....nevermind.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Isn't that what they've been doing for the past 15 years?

UMMMM let me think about that....

nooope. Historically the OC or HC has sent in the plays. Over 14 years Only seen a handful of plays where Favre did an audible or run the play. Thank God rossley is gone !

Letting Brett loose in my opinion means letting him PLAY the game do audibles and generally running the game. I have siad it before. 14 yers with the team. He can do this with his eyes closed and in a coma. Only thing is that he gets protection, we have a healthy and good "O" line and we have a good TE receiver corps. Then you see the "REAL" Favre run this "O"

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanatic said:
JeezusJuice said:

nooope. Historically the OC or HC has sent in the plays. Over 14 years Only seen a handful of plays where Favre did an audible or run the play. Thank God rossley is gone !

Letting Brett loose in my opinion means letting him PLAY the game do audibles and generally running the game. I have siad it before. 14 yers with the team. He can do this with his eyes closed and in a coma. Only thing is that he gets protection, we have a healthy and good "O" line and we have a good TE receiver corps. Then you see the "REAL" Favre run this "O"
Dude, get off your knees, and stop worshiping him. It's sad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
PackFanatic said:
JeezusJuice said:

Dude, get off your knees, and stop worshiping him. It's sad.

I don't think it's "worshiping" him by stating the fact that if given the chance, Favre is one, if not the best QB of all times. It seems you just like peeing on people's charcoal.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanatic said:
JeezusJuice said:

That's what I'm hoping to see!!!!!!!!!!

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeezusjooce

I was not worshipping Brett I plainly stated facts as I see them. If you would re read the post there is no mention of DemiGod status merely facts as I see them based on years of being a fan.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
That's phenomenal.

Well, i just made an observation. It seems you enjoy being negative on most posts.
When Favre is gone, an era in Packer history ends. Will they ever reach the winning streak they had with him behind center? I don't know. I waited 30 years to see what i saw. If i have to wait another 30, i may not even BE here anymore. Of course i won't CARE then, but i do NOW. I don't "worship" Brett Favre, but truely appreciate what he has done. His being on the field made it FUN to be a Packer fan again. Were you around during the 1970's and 80's? It was an AWFUL time to be a Packer fan. But i stayed with "my" team. The season was a success if the Packers beat the Bears one game back then. Maybe the next great Packer QB is right around the corner............but maybe not. It MIGHT be a LOOOOONG dry spell. Will you still be a Packer fan if that happens? For that matter, are you even one now? (With your Sharper pic, i don't know WHAT team you are rooting for)

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was most sucessful under Holmgren when he tightened the reigns. If you give him total freedom with this mediocre team you have what we had last year, twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the team is mediocre?

i think the team is shaping up nice. minus the oline, i like the team.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The team is less than "mediocre"...

that's why Favre had problems last year...because of the talent around him (or lack thereof..)..not this myth that's being perpetuated that Favre has to be "reigned in"....

Favre had better receivers in the SB years...and they've basically sucked after that...til' this day...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre - mediocre?
Green\Gado\najeh - mediocre running attack?
Javon\Driver\gardner\Boreigter\Ferguson - mediocre WRs?
KGB\Pickett\Jenkins\Kampman + Cole and Montgomery - medciore Dline?

Maybe I dont know what the word mediocre means.

The o-line will continue to get worked on, with draft, and possible trades

The secondary needs to get fixed, and will, with the draft, and FAs

our LB core is being worked on now, with working out FA LBs, and possibly drafting Hawk.

Mediocre? Whatever you say, boss.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what you will see next year will be more like what you saw when Holmgren was calling the plays. More slant patterns, more passes downfield to Tight Ends, and more passes to backs. The screen pass returns! In other words, lower risk passes. However, I think Favre will have more freedom to call audibles. Favre has seen every defense there is. Why not take advantage of his vast experience? Of course, the geniuses who brought us the U-71 formation didn't want Favre messing with their brilliant game plans by calling audibles. I think McCarthy will try to rely more on Favre's experience and leadership abilities, and rely less on Favre's arm.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
I think what you will see next year will be more like what you saw when Holmgren was calling the plays. More slant patterns, more passes downfield to Tight Ends, and more passes to backs. The screen pass returns! In other words, lower risk passes. However, I think Favre will have more freedom to call audibles. Favre has seen every defense there is. Why not take advantage of his vast experience? Of course, the geniuses who brought us the U-71 formation didn't want Favre messing with their brilliant game plans by calling audibles. I think McCarthy will try to rely more on Favre's experience and leadership abilities, and rely less on Favre's arm.

well said. I agree!

Lets let Favre be Favre!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts