MM - Signed new contract

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
McCarthy with Packers through 2015

Mike McCarthy will vault among the 10 highest-paid coaches in the National Football League when the finishing touches on his contract extension with the Green Bay Packers are completed.

Source: JSOline.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
congrats. well earned. Hopefully we will have a few more lombardis under glass by then.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup all this was under ways before that talk that something you dont know with Mark Murphy

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't read it on any websites yet but just heard it on Sirius NFL radio that he has signed an extension till 2015!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im down with that. The ONLY downside is having to hear MM haters for another 4 years...

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably in the vast minority on this but I'm not sold on MM just yet. He seems unable to grasp the concept that curbstomping your opponents is a good thing. Say what you want about Belichick, he's a great coach because when he's up 37-3 in the 3rd quarter, he doesn't back down.

I've seen far too many games this past season that were either close games OR we flat out lost because we allowed our opponent back in the game.

MAYBE I'm blaming MM too fast. I don't know. This is but one fan's opinion. Do I like MM? Absolutely. You have to wonder though when we easily could've gone at least 14-2. Maybe it was Dom Capers that let our opponent's offense steamroll their way back in. Again, I don't know.

I'm just not completely sold on MM. In all fairness though, I drank and spit out the Rodgers kool-aid a couple of years ago. I was wrong in that respect, admit it and now I'm sold on Rodgers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably in the vast minority on this but I'm not siold on MM just yet. He seems unable to grasp the concept that curbstomping your opponents is a good thing. Say what you want about Belichick, he's a great coach because when he's up 37-3 in the 3rd quarter, he doesn't back down.

I've seen far too many games this past season that were either close games OR we flat out lost because we allowed our opponent back in the game.

MAYBE I'm blaming MM too fast. I don't know. This is but one fan's opinion. Do I like MM? Absolutely. You have to wonder though when we easily could've gone at least 14-2. Maybe it was Dom Capers that let our opponent's offense steamroll their way back in. Again, I don't know.

I'm just not completely sold on MM. In all fairness though, I drank and spit out the Rodgers kool-aid a couple of years ago. I was wrong in that respect, admit it and now I'm sold on Rodgers.

Im with you on the more curb stomping of teams please. I know next season I will worry when the offense has the ball with 2 mins left and needs 5 to win.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand he is not a Bill Belicheck, but he has shown that he can win. Taken us to one NFC championship game, won a Super Bowl and has only one loosing season!

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im with you on the more curb stomping of teams please. I know next season I will worry when the offense has the ball with 2 mins left and needs 5 to win.

I hear ya ivo610. I'm not the most dedicated of football fans. Even for the Packers. To me, it's still just a game. A game I enjoy but a game nonetheless. I also was against TT when the Favre drama thing started so....

I do know this though-I love the Packers enough that I expect my team to go out there and give it 110%. Including the coaches. Watching the Sandy Eggo Chargeless stumble and bumble their way through the AFC Worst is hilarious. I don't EVER want to see my Packers do that in such a storied and historical division. That's where my worry comes in with MM.

Another good example is the whole Jay Cutler/Lovie Smith debacle. That was funny but as someone who still respects the Bears organization, the history of the rivaly and the thrill of a great match up, it was truly pathetic. Cutler and Smith don't understand the signifigance of that matchup and most likely, never will.

The Packers could go 0-16 the next decade and I'd still support them proudly. I just don't want to ever witness that. We'll see how next season goes. If MM proves me wrong, I'll do as I did for Rodgers and grant him the respect he deserves. I think that's fair in my eyes.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[LombardiChick looks at Pete like he has lobster crawling out of his ears.]

I just meant that once it's off season, that's it. No football means no football. I'm not a die-hard armchair QB that must watch ESPN or NFLN 24/7/365. I love football. I love the Packers. It starts there and ends there. I've never given a **** about college ball and Draft Day is a snooze. So now I wait to see what happens in early March. No lockout means I wait until August.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is anyone else sickened by the thought of not seeing our beloved packers in the fall....? I will never forgive the other 31 owners for that... Of course the Packers arent to blame - WE'RE CHAMPS!

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats, McCarthy. We love the team and wish you can take us to bigger things. Next step for you is to get 2 and overtake Holmgren as 2nd best Packers coach ever.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big contract will force MM to make some tough decisions on personnel changes--both player and coach. I hope he sees the need to upgrade the special teams and offensive line. If Rodgers (31 sacks)had the time to throw that Peyton (16 sacks) has he would be even more spectacular than he has been. The stats show that 13 of the sacks were due to Rodgers, but you have to balance those by the plays he makes with his feet when forced out of the pocket. The line can, and should be better both in pass protection and in the running game.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I just meant that once it's off season, that's it. No football means no football. I'm not a die-hard armchair QB that must watch ESPN or NFLN 24/7/365. I love football. I love the Packers. It starts there and ends there. I've never given a **** about college ball and Draft Day is a snooze. So now I wait to see what happens in early March. No lockout means I wait until August.

You haven't even watched the game highlights like ten times? Turned on SportsCenter? Glued yourself to NFLN?

I can't get enough, especially this year (for obvious reasons).

I like other pro sports (and I'm a Badger fan), but the only team I feel this level of connection to is the Packers. I really cannot get enough of these guys.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You haven't even watched the game highlights like ten times? Turned on SportsCenter? Glued yourself to NFLN?

I like other pro sports (and I'm a Badger fan), but the only team I feel this level of connection to is the Packers. I really cannot get enough of these guys.

Packers are like a drug addiction. The only fix is more Aaron Rodgers' championship belt cowbell!

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you. I really only like football so it's a really long offseason for me without having other sports to watch. I can't get enough of anything Packers related, especially from this season now :)

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've watched the highlights on YT a few times. My channel is decked out all Green Bay.

Again, I'm probably in the minority here but to me, the NFCCG WAS our Superbowl. After that historic beat down, going to Dallas felt as if the Packers were traveling to Hawai'i.

It's not that I'm a bad fan, it's that I see the bigger picture. We won the Superbowl after a pretty ****** year but we ***** the Bears not once, but twice. The second time for the new NFC Halas Trophy. Not too many teams can say they beat out their rival in the post-season for a chance to go to the Superbowl.

We can. :happy0005::chisux:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts