MM press conference at 3:30

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will be either Winston Moss or Jerry Gray would be my best guess / we shall see soon :)

and Capers a possibility also for Dc but yes prolly about the "O" positions being completed

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TUESDAY, Jan. 17, 2006, 1:17 p.m.
Packers name 6 offensive coaches

The Green Bay Packers announced today that they had hired six offensive assistant coaches, leaving only one vacancy on Mike McCarthy's staff on that side of the ball.

The key hire probably was Joe Philbin, who has been named offensive line coach. Philbin was the Packers' assistant offensive line coach in 2003 and tight ends coach the past two years.

Other assignments include: Edgar Bennett, running backs coach; Jimmy Robinson, wide receivers coach; Ben McAdoo, tight ends coach; James Campen, assistant offensive line coach; and Ty Knott, offensive quality control coach.

Bennett and Campen also are holdovers from Mike Sherman's staff.

McAdoo was San Francisco's assistant line/quality control coach last season. In 2004, he was on the New Orleans staff.

Knott spent the past three seasons as defensive assistant/quality control coach with New Orleans. He also worked with Jacksonville in 2002, Detroit in 2001 and Washington in 1999.

The Packers said in a press release that McCarthy had only a quarterbacks coach to name. Earlier, Jeff Jagodzinski was named offensive coordinator

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is already announce a DC I would think that he was pretty sure that Jim Bates wasn't coming back since he must have been interviewing candidates - IMO

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MSMOLLY said:
If he is already announce a DC I would think that he was pretty sure that Jim Bates wasn't coming back since he must have been interviewing candidates - IMO

MM has already said he had spoken to other candidates while waiting to hear from Bates.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I think MM has already made the announcement re the other coaches. I would think this announcement relates to something else entirely.
From PackersNews.com
Six offensive assistant coaches were hired by the Green Bay Packers, head coach Mike McCarthy announced in a press release Tuesday afternoon.

Press release so I think maybe this Press conf is just to formally introduce them or announce them.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oops you are right DePack

I think MM has already made the announcement re the other coaches. I would think this announcement relates to something else entirely.

TO that is a good point because it has been talked about in the media close to 2 hours before the press conference.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoooo! MM swears. hes said "Hell" "damn" and "****** me off" so far. I like a guy who talks like a blue collar mayun. I like that. Hes not really vulgar or a potty mouth, it just pops up from time to time.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I turned it off after he stated it was regarding the 6 coaches. Trom what was he referring to with the slight swearing?

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
loved the way he carried himself during this press conference. I also liked that he is bringing back edgar bennett and he also thinks very higly of bob mcadoo (the new te coach). I hope mcadoo can turn around the progress of our te. Bubba is too slow but i love what i saw in donald lee this year. I think we should draft a te like a owen daniels or Dominique Byrd.

Staff online

Members online