MM on O-LINE !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From todays conference:

(Another step for the o-line today?)
I thought our offensive line was excellent. The thing I saw was just the surge, capturing the line of scrimmage play after play after play. That speaks volumes. Running the football is an attitude, and we played with an attitude today. That's what we need to carry over, because there are days when you may not throw or catch the ball very well, but if you run it with attitude, you run it well every game. That's our philosophy in the run game. It's an attitude part of the game, and we need to continue to build on it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm liking Mike McCarthy. I like his attitude and I like how he looks at things. I think he can develope into a very good football coach.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm much more satisifed at the fact we whooped the Cardinals rather than winning ugly or worse yet losing.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that was most impressive about the line was that the Cardinals played a 5 man front for most of the second half and they still weren't able to stop us. That's awesome work by the OL.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that was most impressive about the line was that the Cardinals played a 5 man front for most of the second half and they still weren't able to stop us. That's awesome work by the OL.

Good point, TOPackerFan.

The line continues to improve. The Pack will keep on rolling to more wins with a good line.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the Cardinals,...that being said.....love the the *** kicking!!!

Yea it was just the Cardinals but think about this..........

The Cardinals dominated the Bears and just got unlucky.

We beat the one win Lions but think about this...........

In Week one, the Lions were "so close to scoring 40 points its not even funny" according to Roy Williams.

We beat the one win Dolphins but think about this........

Joey Harrington used to play for the Lions, and they were "so close to scoring 40 points in week one, its not even funny" according to Roy Williams.

We're gonna be 4-4 after we stomp the two win Bills next week. Superbowl or bust.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals defense has actually be pretty good this year and even previous years we're they've stunk. At least respectable so the Packers offensive line really put in a great peformance. Dolphins were also playing well on defense. This line is growing and will only get better. 3 rookie offensive lineman and really a 1st year starter. All are getting better and exceeding expectations. That's very unheard of.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals defense has actually be pretty good this year and even previous years we're they've stunk. At least respectable so the Packers offensive line really put in a great peformance. Dolphins were also playing well on defense. This line is growing and will only get better. 3 rookie offensive lineman and really a 1st year starter. All are getting better and exceeding expectations. That's very unheard of.

Thank you for the positive post, Porky. I agree. Three rook Olinemen in the rotation on the line and they are playing at a very high level for rook Olinemen. Kudos to Jags and Philbin for that much. You're also correct that the Cards D has been respectable this season and last season. They were putting 7-8 in the box trying to stop the run and guess what guys...it didn't work. Great execution.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt i talking about "winning attitude" months ago on here and getting shot down, how it has nothing to do with football and definitely not the reason we lost when sherman was around? "talent, talent, talent..."

bleh.

MM has some intensity.

and i love it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt i talking about "winning attitude" months ago on here and getting shot down, how it has nothing to do with football and definitely not the reason we lost when sherman was around? "talent, talent, talent..."

bleh.

MM has some intensity.

and i love it.

Who said attitude has nothing to do with football? Because they were dead wrong. Attitude has EVERYTHING to do with it...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line has produced for the 11th ranked rushing offense, and has allowed only 11 sacks....third best in the league.

The rooks are starting to show their stuff!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line has produced for the 11th ranked rushing offense, and has allowed only 11 sacks....third best in the league.

The rooks are starting to show their stuff!

Yes they are.....and you gotta give credit to the playcalling also. MM is calling pass plays that help the young line protect Favre. I think as the year goes on, MM will feel better about the line and Favre will throw down the field a little more. Teams are keeping the safeties back, but now that we got our run game going I think they will start bringing them up to help stop the run. Right now Favre's yards per attempt is real low which is why his passer rating is down. I think in the next few weeks you will see that go up.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am simply excited to see improvement from week to week. This team has made HUGE strides since the start of the season. Given we are the youngest team in the league, and a lot of guys on the depth chart are getting time during games, the future begins to look very interesting.....in the good sense of the word.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am simply excited to see improvement from week to week. This team has made HUGE strides since the start of the season. Given we are the youngest team in the league, and a lot of guys on the depth chart are getting time during games, the future begins to look very interesting.....in the good sense of the word.

Me too digsthepack, I am feeling a little optomistic for the first time in quite awhile !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts