MM on Jim Rome

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah how was it

Pretty general stuff. McCarthy was PC obviously, but all his answers were pretty intelligent.

Rome asked him if he would rather have Montana or Favre if he had to win a game and MM said, "I'll let you guys answer that."

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Rome even ask him that? Dumb question.. And I like Rome's show, I usually listen to some of it every day. I wasn't able to catch it today, figures I would miss MM. Oh well.

Packula

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rome is a bit of an attention *****. Nothing that comes out his mouth would surprise me. Asking a coach if he'd prefer his own HOF quarterback (perhaps in decline) against the greatest quarterback of all time?

Where's "Chrissy"?

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
yeah how was it

Pretty general stuff. McCarthy was PC obviously, but all his answers were pretty intelligent.

Rome asked him if he would rather have Montana or Favre if he had to win a game and MM said, "I'll let you guys answer that."[/quote]

That answer doesn't make much sense.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packula said:
Rome is a bit of an attention *****. Nothing that comes out his mouth would surprise me. Asking a coach if he'd prefer his own HOF quarterback (perhaps in decline) against the greatest quarterback of all time?

Aren't his own HOF QB and the greatest QB of all time the same guy :twocents:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess I could explain it a little better. Rome was asking him about his favorite Montana moment and then after that asked him who he would take.

He meant "you guys" like media people. It was a safe answer

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now that MM went on his show, JR will be a MM fan.

I can not listen to the guy myself.

He makes a point then say's it over and over and over again with dead air in between.

A simple point: like "Baily is a stud." 3 second pause.... "This guy is a real stud." 4 second pause.... "Baily is ahaasome and a stud." 4 seconds of silence. "The guy is a grade A Stud." 5 seconds of silence. "This guy is a real stud."

It drives me nuts. I have to change the damn station.

It is like he has 30 minutes of material that he has to streatch out over his whole program.

I can get 1500 more opinions and food for thought on 1500 more topics listening to "The Heard" or The Dan Patrick show than I can wasting my time listening to J.R.

Mr_Bumpy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I actually remember McCarthy saying, "I'll let you guys answer the tough questions. haha" in response to that question.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where's "Chrissy"?

That's another argument. Wether or Montana is the greatest of all time.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

He makes a point then say's it over and over and over again with dead air in between.

A simple point: like "Baily is a stud." 3 second pause.... "This guy is a real stud." 4 second pause.... "Baily is ahaasome and a stud." 4 seconds of silence. "The guy is a grade A Stud." 5 seconds of silence. "This guy is a real stud."

It is like he has 30 minutes of material that he has to streatch out over his whole program.

I can get 1500 more opinions and food for thought on 1500 more topics listening to "The Heard" or The Dan Patrick show than I can wasting my time listening to J.R.

I thought the Heard does the same exact thing. Just keep repeating the same point over..and over...and over again. Says alot of nothing in alot of time.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you just watch that "this is our country" commercial or something? Mr. Patriot all of a sudden. lol.

jk, pookums.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Word, Raider. I can't listen to Rome for one minute even. Cowherd and Patrick/Olbermann are pretty damn thought-provoking. If I want Neanderthal stuff, all I have to do is listen Mark Packer ( Billy Packer's son ), or go to the local sports bar. For basic stuff, I'm knowledgeable enough to form my own opinions, as I'm sure the majority of posters on here are.

Members online

Latest posts