MM=MS Clone

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No - not in every way of course...but in one very annoying aspect -

I'm talking about the way the camera always zooms in on him passively chatting into his laminated playcard. I can count on one hand the times I've seen him animated and those were in pre-season. Sherman was the same way.

It just seems to me that 31 other NFL coaches are out there stomping their feet, jumping up and down, spitting (yeah, Cowher <g>), hollering at officials, and running up & down the sideline. In general they seem to be c o a c h i n g much more than McCarthy has so far or Sherman ever did (Sherman even seems more animated on the Houston sideline).

Of course there is more to head coaching than gametime. But isn't that when the players truly lean on you the most?

Discuss 8)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

I'm talking about the way the camera always zooms in on him passively chatting into his laminated playcard. I can count on one hand the times I've seen him animated and those were in pre-season. Sherman was the same way.

It just seems to me that 31 other NFL coaches are out there stomping their feet, jumping up and down, spitting (yeah, Cowher <g>), hollering at officials, and running up & down the sideline. In general they seem to be c o a c h i n g much more than McCarthy has so far or Sherman ever did (Sherman even seems more animated on the Houston sideline).

Of course there is more to head coaching than gametime. But isn't that when the players truly lean on you the most?

Discuss 8)

Couldn't agree more...there are times to stay calm so the team knows their leader isn't in panic mode and there are other times when the team needs to see the coach jump out of their skin for the right reason...one of my favorite memories of MS was when he confronted Sapp. He shouldn't have been the one to do it though, the Packers offensive players should have been ashamed after their tolerance of the Clifton hit.

Compare that to baseball and the pitcher would have definitely introduced Sapp's earhole to the seams of a 95+ mph fastball.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen Andy Reid do that tonite. Even on the fumbles.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LETS SEE WHERE MCCARTHY IS DIFFERENT FROM SHERMAN, RIGHT HERE TO START THE HALF...this philly team is dead in the water, you notice all of the crowd shots all of the pissy lonely FAIRWEATHER PHILADELPHIA FACES...RIP THEIR ******** HEART OUT FIRST SERIES OF THE HALF LETS SEE A TD

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give McCarthy credit. He has this young team ready to play a team that very well could be 3-0 without a mental collapse to the Giants.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Give McCarthy credit. He has this young team ready to play a team that very well could be 3-0 without a mental collapse to the Giants.

i agree, DOES EVERYONE SEE WHAT I SEE OUT ON THAT FIELD...MOTIVATION,

name one time you saw a sherman team OVER ACHIEVE

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
Cory said:

i agree, DOES EVERYONE SEE WHAT I SEE OUT ON THAT FIELD...MOTIVATION,

name one time you saw a sherman team OVER ACHIEVE

Defense isn't giving up too many huge plays that are killing us. Only thing that saved the iggles on the last drive was mcnabb's ability to scramble.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

Discuss 8)

Shermans teams got into the playoffs at least, but played better than under this coach.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is a MS clone

MS would run the reverses and flea flickers just like MM is doing. I couldnt agree more!

:roll:

Members online