MLS Musings

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
"Amusing"s

Good for Toronto FC. I think they have something going this off-season.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
At least I got a musing. I was thinking this was destined to be a Sandolf talking to himself thread. :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I got a Philadelphia Union cap from my son for Christmas. I might try to get to a game there. 35 bucks for a ticket isn't too bad in Philly.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
A couple of concerns I raised with Mr. Bundes von Bier were the plastic pitches and the silly playoff format. The schedule offset to the rest of the world is weird too.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The artificial turf is bad deal. No doubt about it. This game deserves to be played on grass and nothing else. I'm not completely sold on the schedule being offset from European leagues as a bad thing, but I'll keep an open mind on it. Certainly it does create some obstructions once every 4 years (like this coming summer) for the World Cup.

I'm interested in knowing how much the NHL and NHL teams are suffering right now with teams with players in Sochi for the Olympics.

I did go back and listen to a segment on XMFC, and they did say a majority of the Womens World Cup in 215 will most likely be played on artificial turf. That would be a bad deal.

It wouldn't be an American League without some sort of playoffs. In this sport, I'm willing to let the playoffs go away tho, but they don't necessarily bother me.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Who will be the favourite to win the championship this season ? Any predictions ?

I really couldn't say. I am probably more familiar with the Faroe Islands than the MLS. With Man City buying a team and TFC making a splash, maybe that will change this season.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really couldn't say. I am probably more familiar with the Faroe Islands than the MLS. With Man City buying a team and TFC making a splash, maybe that will change this season.
Never been to a Toronto FC game, Sandolf ?
Its a pity that I cant go to a MLS game on my US trip next week. :(
I know its not a comparable with the EPL or Bundesliga, but I would be interested to learn more about US Soccer...
Instead Im going to see a MLB spring training baseball game in Arizona :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Never visited a Toronto FC game, Sandolf ?
Its a pity that I cant go to a MLS game on my US trip next week. :(
I know its not a comparable with the EPL or Bundesliga, but I would be interested to learn more about US Soccer...
Instead Im going to see a MLB spring training baseball game in Arizona :rolleyes::D

People make jokes nessie, but these is more to baseball than meets the eye of the casual fan. There are a lot of strategical implications and the manager plays a much more active role than in voetbol.

I have been to BMO Field to see Canucklestan's national side... (men's team... I leave the girl watching to my beer swilling bud). I think I'll take in a TFC match this year. Mr. Bundesbiers may join me for that one.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
People make jokes nessie, but these is more to baseball than meets the eye of the casual fan. There are a lot of strategical implications and the manager plays a much more active role than in voetbol.

I have been to BMO Field to see Canucklestan's national side... (men's team... I leave the girl watching to my beer swilling bud). I think I'll take in a TFC match this year. Mr. Bundesbiers may join me for that one.

I have zero problems watching the US Womens National Team, and Alex Morgan is hotttttt. Plus, the women have given the US our only 2 World Cup trophies, so that's cool. But I support all US Soccer, U-19, U-17, womens, mens... etc.

Yeah, I owe you a ticket to a Toronto FC game this year. I imagine a weekend game would be better?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly, never watched a complete Womens Soccer match, Im getting bored after a couple minutes though I must admit that Womens soccer has improved.
But just not my cup of tea.....
Btw - who is the manager of the Canadian National Soccer Team nowadays? I guess its not Holger Osieck
anymore ? :cautious::D
Must have been in the 90`s ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have zero problems watching the US Womens National Team, and Alex Morgan is hotttttt. Plus, the women have given the US our only 2 World Cup trophies, so that's cool. But I support all US Soccer, U-19, U-17, womens, mens... etc.

Yeah, I owe you a ticket to a Toronto FC game this year. I imagine a weekend game would be better?
Indeed she is, wow :eek::cool:
Never heard of her before.
I think about getting me a US shirt when travelling Arizona Bundesbiers. Hope I'll find a nice one.... ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed she is, wow :eek::cool:
Never heard of her before.
I think about getting me a US shirt when travelling Arizona Bundesbiers. Hope I'll find a nice one.... ;)

The US womens team played theie first few games of the London Olympics up at Hampden park, got interested in their progress after that. Christie Rampone their captain has Scottish heritage we claimed her as one of us, ;) her grandfather played for Raith Rovers. Your right Croak the US womens Goalie scrubs up well. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The US womens team played theie first few games of the London Olympics up at Hampden park, got interested in their progress after that. Christie Rampone their captain has Scottish heritage we claimed her as one of us, ;) her grandfather played for Raith Rovers. Your right Croak the US womens Goalie scrubs up well. :)

How about the Scottish team ?
Havent heard much of them so far, is there a Scottish Womens team ? :cautious:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
How about the Scottish team ?
Havent heard much of them so far, is there a Scottish Womens team ? :cautious:;)

Yepp there is they are quite good and getting better, not as good as the US but they are improving. A few of them played for the GB team at the Olympics and did very well.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Michael Bradley cracks me up. :laugh: He says possession is such an overrated stat, then goes on to mention that Spain, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich play possession style ball. :speechless: In my opinion this is why the MLS will have trouble catching up with the world. They still have the American mentality that you have to score fast and score a lot. But that's mighty hard to do if you don't POSSESS the ball! :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Michael Bradley cracks me up. :laugh: He says possession is such an overrated stat, then goes on to mention that Spain, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich play possession style ball. :speechless: In my opinion this is why the MLS will have trouble catching up with the world. They still have the American mentality that you have to score fast and score a lot. But that's mighty hard to do if you don't POSSESS the ball! :confused:

MLS is in its infancy so is the knowledge base Bradley appears to be one of those, i agree what your saying Croak. Also a team can have all the possesion at 0-0 for example against a well drilled defence then have a lapse in concentration and fall for a sucker punch breakaway goal. 0-1 down. Lots of variables. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

I imagine what Bradley was referring to was the amount of games won against the run of play, which would be a correct statement when you consider counter attacks and such.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But just by the law of averages, if your team only has possession 32% of the time, you will have to have counter attacks that can score 68% of the time. I'd rather have the averages in my favor.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts