1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MLB All Star Game

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raider Pride, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    4th inning....

I am turning the game off. I can not take it any more.

The FOX play by play team is on a mission. The mission is to repair the image of baseball by sucking up and making excuses for Barry Bonds.

I swear, 40% of the commentary so far is about making excuses for Barry Bonds who every one knows has had his head size grow three sizes because of roids. This is really sick. The man has no right to be on the field in a game with such rich history. He is a cheater.

The best ball players in the world are on the field. Players like Vlady, Fielder, A Rod, Jeeter, Posoda, Ichiro, Roberts, Manny, Ortiz, Lacky, and on and on.

It is a joke.

MLB should be ashamed, and FOX should be shut off because just because they have the contract to broadcast they should not be blow boys for Major League Baseball and the marketing team they have to cover up the scandal they brought upon themselves by allowing roids to repair the damage from the lock out year they had.

I am turning it off.

This is sick.

Pete Rose is a saint compared to this bull ****, and Pete is not in the hall of fame. At least Pete Rose (Even though he is an ***.) played the game like a champion, with guts, heart and non roid talent.

RP

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I said the same thing about Pete Rose last night as I watched the game with a couple of buddies.
    We quit watching it after the 3rd inning.

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I didnt even watch it period.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I used to be a die hard baseball fan and St Louis Cardinal Fan. I was even at the game when McGwire (cheater) hit #62 in 1998. I've probably been to about 30 St. Louis Cardinals games and about 5 Royals games. But the steroids and ridiculous concession prices have turned me off. I haven't been to a game in a few years. The last time I went, a bottle of water was $4.50. Thats when I said enough is enough. I can no longer afford to go to a game and enjoy myself with the price gouging they do.

5. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    baseball...sounds boring? mhm

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't watch the game. Who won?
    I know.......$4.50 for water. They price it so it's no cheaper then buying a soda or beer. They get you one way or the other.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It can be boring......almost as boring as soccer! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:
    But at least you never hear of "baseball hooligans" starting riots at the games.

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing's as boring as soccer. If I wanted to sit around for hours at a time watching while nothing happened, I'd watch the NFL Draft (inspired by Rick Reilly). I mean how you can play for 90 minutes and not score when the goal is the size of Guam is beyond me.

As for Barry, the truly sad thing is that he was a shoo in for the Hall of Fame and might have been the best player ever even without the 'roids. Why he felt he had to cheat I'll never understand.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It really IS sad. The guy has a natural talent. But like most, he wanted to be the BEST. And to do so, decided to cheat with drugs.
    Plus the guy has such an attitude problem. If he was a NICE guy, it would be alot harder to be disgusted by what he has done.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Saw a bit of it on Channel 5 But then i went to bed it was 2am.

11. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The midsummer classic is by far the best All Star EXHIBITION of any of the major American sports, however it is virtually unwatchable. There is no flow to the game, with substitutions galore. If it really counted, the managers would play more like a real game and not get hung up over making sure everyone on the roster got to participate(which led to the tie in Miller Park several years back).

While I agree that Bonds is a despicable human being and an HGH/steroid freak, and quickly tired of the FOX commentary - I feel that focusing on Bonds does the game and Bonds a disservice. Every day, it becomes more apparent that there was(is) a period of time when the use of these substances was extremely widespread. He is being picked on as he is close to breaking perhaps the most hallowed record in baseball history(it also does not hurt that he is a jerk).

Baseball needs to put the past behind them and let fans and the justice system form their opinions of the guilt or innocence of individual ballplayers. They also need to act swiftly to ensure that this cloud does not again resurface, through increased testing for all testable substances and stiff penalties for failed tests. I understand that the players union does not want to go down this road, but the commissioner needs to take a stand and fight for the future integrity of the game.

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    So Bonds is a despicable human being for taking HGH, I think that is a little overboard... for comparisons sake.

What about Brett's addiction to pain killers. They no doubt maybe have keep him on the field and contributed to the record for most consecutive games played?

If you want to make a case for Bonds being arrogant beyond doubt and egotistical so be it.

If you point at his affair with another woman to being despicable, well I was going to school at UWGB in the early to mid 90's. Hmm the Packers players were no choirboys trust me. I agree that transgessions such as this are NOT moral, but maybe we should look at athletes in general and say the moral compass of a percentage of them are astray.

13. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was not referring to HGH/steroid usage as the reason for him being a despicable person, rather I was alluding to his entire body of work. I am not saying that he is totally different than many professional players or actors for that matter(HGH/steroid, affairs, arrogance, etc.) It just seems to me that Bonds has the entire package of negatives, making him stand out more than others. Also, my main point was that the only reason he is receiving the attention is the HR record chase. If he were at 550 HR right now, the discussion would be much different on the topic of steroids.

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Sorry Spardo... I may have misread the meaning of the post... I agree that the overall body of work for Bonds is less Media and fan friendly.