1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mitchell Report

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt it. Baseball has recorded all-time highs in attendance the last few years despite the steroids issue.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Didnt know Selig and or his family had any financial interest in the Brewers anymore

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He doesn't own them anymore, but his office is in Milwaukee, and I'm sure he's still close to the organization.

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I doubt he is close...IF his daughter was still in charge then yeah I might agree that they wouldnt have signed Gagne.....

but the Seligs have not been involved with the team since 2004..Thats OVER 3 years

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Ummm, sorry zombie, but do you honestly think that football doesn't have or didn't have rampant steroid/hgh use in the last decade?

Men never used to be 6'5" and 320 lbs that could still run a sub-5.5 40. The odds of the human race suddenly spitting out thousands of men who are physically so far ahead of the curve after years of nothing are pretty slim. Unless you believe the premise of X-men (which I totally do. I CAN be a mutant, dammit!)

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    pip...your right bout football..there are proably lot of guys doing it..look at the nfl D player of the year he was suspended for 4 games cuz of it..

Lyle Alzado, John Matusak are older players but was well known they used them..

I personally think football is a bigger joke cuz of all the legal troubles with lot of players..Baseball and for that matter nba doesnt really have as many players in legal trouble as the nfl...

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think so. Seems football is a bit more restrained. Sure a lot of players move around but it seems like only around 2-3 player per team each season.

Maybe it's just because the Pirates haven't won a dang thing since I left town :D

8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i see the brewers new reliever is on the report

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Yup he is...had the stuff sent right to Dodger Stadium