1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Moss? I don't think so.

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by vikefan, Sep 21, 2005.

1. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Article in Star Trib puts it about right with Moss. How many games have the Raiders won? //http://www.startribune.com/stories/150//

2. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, not quite sure how to get that link.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Moss helped the Vikings a lot. Even more than I expected. I really thought with that new kid Troy W and Nate B the Vikings would still have a stellar O team.

I'm not skurred of the Vikings.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5626087.html <-- link to article

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Moss would have helped the Vikings. He was right when he said the Vikings are too cheap. They splurged a little bit this year but on people like... Sharper??!!??

6. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting the site, Slick. I think the new regime will be smarter than Red...and less cheap where it counts. Moss w/o Carter 23-25. Raiders with moss 0-2. Enjoy RaiderPride!

7. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not trying to talk smack here, but does that article almost sound like a case of sour grapes?

Could part of the reason that Daunte has 8 picks and no TDs so far is that he doesn't have his safety valve anymore? No longer can he throw deep and let Moss outjump everyone for a long gainer?

I'm not yet sold on the fact that the Vikes (especially Culpepper) don't REALLY miss Moss. Its painfully obvious to me that they do.

I realize a big part of the equation is Linehan and the O-line, but Daunte's teddy bear is gone, and he misses him.

Just my :twocents:

8. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Moss fits into the equation, but the changes on the O-line and losing Linehan hurt us more. Moss will not be the savior that every one thinks he will in Oakland.

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the reason Daute is suffering is the same reason Brett has looked very human this year. They each are getting pressure right up the middle and no QB likes that. Birk is as big a loss as Moss IMO.

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    they have not won yet vikefan, but moss seems to still perform with them.