Missing At The OTA'S, And Other OTA News.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missing In Action

Bubba Franks
Rod Gardner
Donald Driver
Corey Williams
Mark Roman
Ryan Pickett
Nick Collins
Charles Woodson
Al Harris
Ahmad Carroll

Quarterback Brett Favre, who didn’t attend the last minicamp, participated in practice on Wednesday, which was held outdoors on Clarke Hinkle Field. Favre is expected to participate in 10 of the 14 organized team activities.

Green Bay Packers rookie cornerback Will Blackmon, a fourth-round draft choice out of Boston College, didn’t participate in the first day of organized team activities Wednesday because of a broken bone in his foot, coach Mike McCarthy said.

Blackmon suffered the injury at the last Packers minicamp in mid-May and had surgery on the foot, according to McCarthy, who added that he hopes Blackmon will be ready for the start of training camp in late July.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blah blah, i know otas aren't "mandatory" but i'm really surprised by some of those who were mia, e.g. driver, collins, pickett, woodson, and gardner

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Favre will be there next week. I'm thinking of drivin out and I really would like to see the man in person.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was Hawk there or has his darned class STILL not graduated. What about Hodges? If this doesn't spell the end to the disaster experiment called BJ Sander, something is wrong. He's getting worse, not better.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been stated several times here and other places that OTA's are not mandatory. I understand this but it really concerns me that all of these players are not practicing.

New coach, new system, etc....I would think of all the recent years to be there, this would be the one.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Was Hawk there or has his darned class STILL not graduated. What about Hodges? If this doesn't spell the end to the disaster experiment called BJ Sander, something is wrong. He's getting worse, not better.

Hawk graduated before the rest of his class. he graduated early, so he is fine to participate.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd be suprise about how many vets don't show to non mandatory camps for their teams. It's a high amount if I believe.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Hawk has graduated yet and thusly can't practice. I remember thinking that he had graduated and that he should be able to practice but after that I had read that wasn't the case. There was some reason he was able to practice before, I don't remember exactly what. I'm sorry for being so vague and not providing where I read this but it was awhile ago. Anywho I'm like 80% sure that he can't practice yet.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Packersfan43084 said:
bozz_2006 said:
he's done with classes. if he was still taking classes he would not have been able to participate in any of the mini camps. right after the draft there was an article stating how some of the OSU players wouldn't be able to go to camps because of their late graduation. hawk was not mentioned, because he graduated early. he has been at the mini camps, hence he has graduated already.

well if that's the case, why wasn't he there today?

Let the rookie first round holdout begin...

Well before we overreact Hawk has very little leverage in holding out so it wouldn't be good for his image and wouldn't be good from a business stand point. I think most rookies saw what happened with Benson and Rivers a few years ago (who had the job from the day he was drafted and didn't sign until later and because of this Brees took the job for two years while he sat the bench)

So if I had a hypothesis it'd be that Hawk was training at Ohio State with some of is other players. I read that Donte Whitner stayed in Ohio for something like that. Perhaps Hawk did as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well before we overreact Hawk has very little leverage in holding out so it wouldn't be good for his image and wouldn't be good from a business stand point. I think most rookies saw what happened with Benson and Rivers a few years ago (who had the job from the day he was drafted and didn't sign until later and because of this Brees took the job for two years while he sat the bench)

So if I had a hypothesis it'd be that Hawk was training at Ohio State with some of is other players. I read that Donte Whitner stayed in Ohio for something like that. Perhaps Hawk did as well.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's done with classes. if he was still taking classes he would not have been able to participate in any of the mini camps. right after the draft there was an article stating how some of the OSU players wouldn't be able to go to camps because of their late graduation. hawk was not mentioned, because he graduated early. he has been at the mini camps, hence he has graduated already.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's 1 of 14 OTAs

lets calm it down a notch! I could easily use this to bash Ahmad Carroll for not being there...but even 'I' understand it is only 1 of 14, and attendance will improve in the next week.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
bozz_2006 said:

Let the rookie first round holdout begin...

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Can't Wait Tell Him Comes In And Gets A Nice Contract And Then Starts Kicking *** On The Field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't see AJ Hawk at the draft amidst all the glitz and glamour because he did not want to miss any classes and he wanted to be with his family and friends when his name was called.

You did see AJ Hawk at the first mini-camp because he was allowed to participate.

Those of you who think AJ Hawk will holdout are just plain crazy and love any gloom and doom that can be conjured up in your misinformed minds.

AJ Hawk is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, all he wants to do is play. The NFL rules state he can not participate until his class graduates, that is tomorrow.

Contracts are for agents and GM's to work out. All AJ is expecting is a fair offer from The Packers and I am sure they will make that offer.

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
You didn't see AJ Hawk at the draft amidst all the glitz and glamour because he did not want to miss any classes and he wanted to be with his family and friends when his name was called.

You did see AJ Hawk at the first mini-camp because he was allowed to participate.

Those of you who think AJ Hawk will holdout are just plain crazy and love any gloom and doom that can be conjured up in your misinformed minds.

AJ Hawk is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, all he wants to do is play. The NFL rules state he can not participate until his class graduates, that is tomorrow.

Contracts are for agents and GM's to work out. All AJ is expecting is a fair offer from The Packers and I am sure they will make that offer.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

Well put.. 8)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is way too many guys to be gone coming off 4-12.

This "prior committment" crap is just that. Crap. They know what goes on at the end of May every year. It's not a "surprise" camp.

What about "present committment".

You can know MM is not happy about this. He may be treading water as a first year coach on issues like this but you can bet it won't be tolerated next year.

I would bet the Steelers have more guys in camp than we do.

THAT'S SAD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts