Minny's Return To Mediocrity Imminent As Packers Set Stage For 2010 Repeat

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tbf, Ryan and Fisher were defensive head coaches. McCarthy is an offense guy. Which makes sense when you look at how bad our defense has been over the seasons in comparison to theirs while our offense has always been far exceeding theirs.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tbf, Ryan and Fisher were defensive head coaches. McCarthy is an offense guy. Which makes sense when you look at how bad our defense has been over the seasons in comparison to theirs while our offense has always been far exceeding theirs.

Bellichek is also from the defensive ranks, so that's no excuse for the Ryans or Fisher. Fisher has had a long history of ruining QBs and has had about 4x as many losing seasons as they did winning ones. MM has shown he can develop QBs unlike those other 2, and he hires smart people like Philbin. His only mistake made so far has been not dropkicking Hundley out of here soon enough.

Last edited:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bellichek is also from the defensive ranks, so that's no excuse for the Ryans or Fisher. Fisher has had a long history of ruining QBs and has had about 4x as many losing seasons as they did winning ones. MM has shown he can develop QBs unlike those other 2, and he hires smart people like Philbin. His only mistake made so far has been not dropkicking Hundley out of here soon enough.

but belicheck has minds like mcdaniels around him. there is a reason the patriots tried hard to keep him.

you can fault fisher and ryan for not having the best oc's as much as you can fault mm for keeping capers around all these seasons.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but belicheck has minds like mcdaniels around him. there is a reason the patriots tried hard to keep him.

you can fault fisher and ryan for not having the best oc's as much as you can fault mm for keeping capers around all these seasons.

I put higher value in QB development than trying to put consistently good defenses out on the field for ... Well say 3 or more years in a row cuz that almost never happens.

D

Deleted member 6794

I put higher value in QB development than trying to put consistently good defenses out on the field for ... Well say 3 or more years in a row cuz that almost never happens.

In my opinion putting decent defenses on the field is pretty important as well. The Packers failing to do so over the past seven seasons is the main reason they haven't won another Super Bowl.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dunno. im ok with it but also a bit like wow we could have had m bryant.

As in Martavis Bryant? He's not Dez Bryant and I think Pittsburgh hosed Oakland on that one. They wouldn't get rid of a huge asset for Big Ben, that is if he was an asset.

I do think I would've gone with Derwin James over Jaire A since we need Burnett's replacement, but so long as Whitt's CB school doesn't ruin him like it did Randall, or provided he's not injury prone, I like the pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As in Martavis Bryant? He's not Dez Bryant and I think Pittsburgh hosed Oakland on that one. They wouldn't get rid of a huge asset for Big Ben, that is if he was an asset.

I wouldn't have liked the Packers to give up a third round pick for Martavis Bryant with him being one infraction away from being banned from the league for life.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion putting decent defenses on the field is pretty important as well. The Packers failing to do so over the past seven seasons is the main reason they haven't won another Super Bowl.

I'm just saying keeping 11 players intact for multiple years running an elite defense doesn't happen for all that long, which is why the path to going to the SB always runs through the QB and offensive talent. Certainly the Packers lack of a stud defense and star RB contributed to falling short a number of playoff trips, but teams with bad or inconsistent QB play like the Panthers always are never more than 1-hit wonders.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just saying keeping 11 players intact for multiple years running an elite defense doesn't happen for all that long, which is why the path to going to the SB always runs through the QB and offensive talent. Certainly the Packers lack of a stud defense and star RB contributed to falling short a number of playoff trips, but teams with bad or inconsistent QB play like the Panthers always are never more than 1-hit wonders.

There's no doubt that elite quarterback play makes it significantly easier to win a Super Bowl but having a good defense is equally important as only seven teams have won a championship without featuring a top 10 scoring defense.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Funny, the Patriots have been doing it now for what, 18 years? Oh wait, that right, that's not the defense, it's all Brady. 18.7. That's the average ppg the Patriots have given up since Belichick took over.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get ready to see Stephon Diggs get blanket covered Minny clowns. We got Josh Jackson now and got no more weakness at corner. Gonna be us getting the last laugh this year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We outdrafted the Vikes big time in this one. Defense and WRs are reloaded and Packers set to go 12-4. Booyahhhh

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We outdrafted the Vikes big time in this one. Defense and WRs are reloaded and Packers set to go 12-4. Booyahhhh

I mean, all the Vikings needed was depth and they got that while also grabbing one of the best man corners in the draft.

Packers certainly filled our secondary with young talent though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, all the Vikings needed was depth and they got that while also grabbing one of the best man corners in the draft.

Packers certainly filled our secondary with young talent though.

You mean that big old bust called Mike Hughes? If he were any good, he wouldn't have fallen to 30

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won't need to wait that long, this thread will be alive and kicking week 2 during the big old beatdown Minny will be taking at Lambeau.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
3rd corner taken? ok
Hey, he's a bust. I remember a couple of years ago some Packer fans on another board making comment's like this about Diggs. And how the contract they gave Cedric Griffin was a waste of money. Sure there will be "busts" from the first round. But if someone here is so damn smart about who will be a bust, I have to ask, "What the hell are you doing here and why are you not with team helping them make draft picks if you know so damn much?"

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, he's a bust. I remember a couple of years ago some Packer fans on another board making comment's like this about Diggs. And how the contract they gave Cedric Griffin was a waste of money. Sure there will be "busts" from the first round. But if someone here is so damn smart about who will be a bust, I have to ask, "What the hell are you doing here and why are you not with team helping them make draft picks if you know so damn much?"

Why the hell would I want to help the Vikes make draft picks? Lol

Members online

Latest posts