Minny's Return To Mediocrity Imminent As Packers Set Stage For 2010 Repeat

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we've not only done that this year, but also have plans to give our upgraded QB world class speed at WR this time. And the Vikings should be scared as well considering Mike Pettine's defenses have completely shutdown better offenses led by Tom Brady in the past. So don't be telling me this fictional story of Viking upgrades.
What on earth are you talking about? If you have the expectation that we will find a rookie WR ready to be a major contributor in year one, which has literally never happened under McCarthy, let alone of with world class speed, you've got another thing coming.

The Vikings should be terrified of a CB group with no quality or depth, and a mediocre pass rush. Did I get that right? We have more weaknesses than we'd be able to fill with 3 first round picks.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? If you have the expectation that we will find a rookie WR ready to be a major contributor in year one, which has literally never happened under McCarthy, let alone of with world class speed, you've got another thing coming.

The Vikings should be terrified of a CB group with no quality or depth, and a mediocre pass rush. Did I get that right? We have more weaknesses than we'd be able to fill with 3 first round picks.

Well, I see somebody was asleep when Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams were rookies. Yeah, we've never a rookie receiver be a substantial contributor under McCarthy. What kind of a stupidass statement is that?

And our DBs will be just fine, Dom Capers doesn't coach here anymore.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I see somebody was asleep when Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams were rookies. Yeah, we've never a rookie receiver be a substantial contributor under McCarthy. What kind of a stupidass statement is that?

And our DBs will be just fine, Dom Capers doesn't coach here anymore.

None of those guys had very substantial rookie seasons. Nothing id be happy with from wr2 this season anyways. Granted none of them had to be. We have been very deep at wr for quite a long time.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of those guys had very substantial rookie seasons. Nothing id be happy with from wr2 this season anyways. Granted none of them had to be. We have been very deep at wr for quite a long time.

The only thing around here dumb people consider substantial are 1,000 yard receiving seasons so that tells you all you need to know.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, all that must happen is for a 7-9 team to beat down a 13-3 team who just upgraded their QB. Simple task.

To be fair, the Packers would have finished with a significantly better record if Rodgers stayed healthy.

The Packers pass rush could be fine as long as Matthews and Perry stay healthy.

Jennings and Jones had decent rookie seasons but the Packers most likely need someone to put up better numbers than Cobb and Adams did during their first year in the league.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings and Jones had decent rookie seasons but the Packers most likely need someone to put up better numbers than Cobb and Adams did during their first year in the league.

Well, in Cobb's case, it was going to be tough enough trying to rack up receiving yards when you're the 5th WR, maybe even the 6th option considering Finley also was on the field. Adams obviously was not a TD machine his rookie year and on top of that it took a little while to get him going, but he certainly did enough down the stretch for us not give up on him and we may not have beaten Dallas in that playoff game if he didn't score that TD.

To me, just get a guy who can put up those decent Jennings or Jones numbers and I say the offense takes off without missing a beat.

And trust me we've been trying to explain the skewed Viking Packer record differentials due to the Hundley factor. Some fans are just so incredibly dumb they literally don't even think there's a difference between Rodgers and Hundley. Yup, I said it, they're that dumb.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing around here dumb people consider substantial are 1,000 yard receiving seasons so that tells you all you need to know.

With Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball 16 games, if wr2 starter finished the season with 600 yards and 2-3 tds that is a pretty **** poor season for us.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers pass rush could be fine as long as Matthews and Perry stay healthy.

Seriously cmon now, we all know that is not going to happen:roflmao::roflmao:
You are not a true Packers fan. Rodgers can lead this 9 YPC receiving unit and 26th ranked defense to the promised land. And the 5 highly paid players who get hurt each and every season will not suffer a scratch next year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball 16 games, if wr2 starter finished the season with 600 yards and 2-3 tds that is a pretty **** poor season for us.

If WR #2 starter has those stats and its 4th on the team in receiving that's not too bad. If Adams, Cobb and Graham average 1000 yards and 10 TDs betweeen them (1300,1000,700 and 13,10,7) we don't need our 4th guy to put up that much. Now if those stats are 2nd on the team then yeah, we are in deep **** unless the number 1 breaks every receiving record in the books.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams obviously was not a TD machine his rookie year and on top of that it took a little while to get him going, but he certainly did enough down the stretch for us not give up on him and we may not have beaten Dallas in that playoff game if he didn't score that TD.

Adams only put up 446 receiving yards in the regular season though. There's no doubt he had some pretty good games including the playoff win over Dallas but didn't have an impact in too many contests as well.

A rookie receiver would most likely be the fourth receiving option in the Packers offense behind Adams, Cobb and Graham though. Therefore the unit would most likely work fine with him putting up numbers like that.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rookie receiver would most likely be the fourth receiving option in the Packers offense behind Adams, Cobb and Graham though. Therefore the unit would most likely work fine with him putting up numbers like that.

If Cobb was a 1,000 yd WR again I guess I wouldn't mind it. But I am skeptical. Also skeptical Adams plays a full season as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Cobb was a 1,000 yd WR again I guess I wouldn't mind it. But I am skeptical. Also skeptical Adams plays a full season as well.

I don't expect Cobb to put up numbers like in 2014 either but hope the running backs will be more involved in the passing game as well. Adams isn't injury-prone by any means.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Cobb to put up numbers like in 2014 either but hope the running backs will be more involved in the passing game as well. Adams isn't injury-prone by any means.

This. Not just screens or safety valve dumpoffs. Where are the wheel routes and halfback flys?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. Not just screens or safety valve dumpoffs. Where are the wheel routes and halfback flys?
This is what happens when you have a stubborn, old coach. You don't see the cool, effective things that modern offenses are implementing.

If he can't design these plays when he's entering the season with a former WR at RB, I seriously doubt we'll ever see it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have a stubborn, old coach. You don't see the cool, effective things that modern offenses are implementing.

If he can't design these plays when he's entering the season with a former WR at RB, I seriously doubt we'll ever see it.

Who knows though. We can always hope that this past off season was a wake up call. Maybe he was retained with the understanding that things will change or else. Maybe that's why we had the "scrub Brush approach" comment. I will believe it when I see it but there may be a glimmer of hope.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows though. We can always hope that this past off season was a wake up call. Maybe he was retained with the understanding that things will change or else. Maybe that's why we had the "scrub Brush approach" comment. I will believe it when I see it but there may be a glimmer of hope.
I want to hope that, but I have a huge issue with that mentality. Problems should be identified and addressed before they begin blowing up in our face, not after we inevitably suffer from them for years. Every single fan of the organization, every single fan with even a shred of knowledge could have told you that things would get worse before they got better under Capers. And here we are, identifying effective play designs utilized by other teams, but not our own. If the average Joe fan can see an issue that the very highly compensated coaching staff does not, that's a huge red flag.

IMO, McCarthy is like many of the older coaches who were very good, but have not adapted as the game has changed, and are too stubborn to do so. The Rex Ryans, the Jeff Fishers of the world. We hear these same empty promises in the off-season, then witness the same exact issues as we did during the previous years once the season begins.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to hope that, but I have a huge issue with that mentality. Problems should be identified and addressed before they begin blowing up in our face, not after we inevitably suffer from them for years. Every single fan of the organization, every single fan with even a shred of knowledge could have told you that things would get worse before they got better under Capers. And here we are, identifying effective play designs utilized by other teams, but not our own. If the average Joe fan can see an issue that the very highly compensated coaching staff does not, that's a huge red flag.

IMO, McCarthy is like many of the older coaches who were very good, but have not adapted as the game has changed, and are too stubborn to do so. The Rex Ryans, the Jeff Fishers of the world. We hear these same empty promises in the off-season, then witness the same exact issues as we did during the previous years once the season begins.
This is the year it all comes together my friend.:whistling: When in doubt just remember how highly successful I am that is sure to cheer you up. If it doesn’t come together this year then it’s obviously Whitt and Zook that are letting this team down.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here we go again. Apples to Oranges 101 ladies and gentlemen on center stage by the closet Viking fan.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go again. Apples to Oranges 101 ladies and gentlemen on center stage by the closet Viking fan.
A stubborn coach is a stubborn coach. They refuse to adapt their philosophies or schemes to adhere modern standards, and are loyal to terrible coaches and coordinators. This did both Fisher and Ryan in, and the same would become of McCarthy if Rodgers weren't around to keep him employed.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A stubborn coach is a stubborn coach. They refuse to adapt their philosophies or schemes to adhere modern standards, and are loyal to terrible coaches and coordinators. This did both Fisher and Ryan in, and the same would become of McCarthy if Rodgers weren't around to keep him employed.

Thank god Rodgers ended up with MM and not Sherman or those other two buffoons you just mentioned, or his career is over before it even begins.

Members online

Latest posts