Minnesota Vikings

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see that awesome bunch of guys in purple jerseys kicking the stuffing out of the Cowgirls on Sunday?

It was sweet!

I expect more of the same next Sunday. Same surface, and about the same hyped O-line in New Orleans compared with Dallas.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota's d line is simply unstoppable. They pretty muched thrashed every pro bowl offensive line within the past couple of seasons. I don't know how in the world we fare with them two games every season.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota's d line is simply unstoppable. They pretty muched thrashed every pro bowl offensive line within the past couple of seasons. I don't know how in the world we fare with them two games every season.

I would add that I believe Minny's line shines on artificial surfaces. On grass, it is only average. This is why I believe Minnesota has a HUGE advantage on Sunday, that few people are going to be talking about.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would add that I believe Minny's line shines on artificial surfaces. On grass, it is only average. This is why I believe Minnesota has a HUGE advantage on Sunday, that few people are going to be talking about.

Yea your right i still got NO winning and super bowlin it

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea your right i still got NO winning and super bowlin it

This appears to be another "trap game" for the talking heads and prognosticators. You can go thru a list of what each team needs to do to be successful, but on that list, Minnesota's objectives are FAR easier to attain.

Minnesota basically needs to do one thing only - consistently apply pressure on the QB. Minnesota doesn't even need to be able to run the football, something it hasn't done very well over the past two months anyhow. The Saints are 19th against the rush and 26th against the pass - hardly the rankings you'd like to see for a playoff team. This means that if Minnesota can provide a decent amount of pressure on Brees, New Orleans will not be able to keep up with Minnesota's ability to score.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anybody can find a link comparing Brett Favre's record against Greg Williams' coached defenses, I would LOVE it. I know Brett won against Williams in 2004 and 2007, but they were brutal games in terms of passing - 63.2 rating in 2004 and 43.5 rating in 2007.

Brett beat Tennessee in 1998, against a Williams' coordinated Titans squad, posting a 142.6 rating - for an 83.1 rating over the span of three games. And, not that New Orleans currently possess the best defenders, but it is interesting.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
It looks like Jared Allen is having sex with the Bears in your avatar.
Can't be, I always thought he was partial to ropin' and "taggin" baby cows... Well, maybe Jared was hard up that weekend and and bears is all that wuz available... He does look like he is hittin' that pretty hard... LOL

:viksux:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
This appears to be another "trap game" for the talking heads and prognosticators. You can go thru a list of what each team needs to do to be successful, but on that list, Minnesota's objectives are FAR easier to attain.

Minnesota basically needs to do one thing only - consistently apply pressure on the QB. Minnesota doesn't even need to be able to run the football, something it hasn't done very well over the past two months anyhow. The Saints are 19th against the rush and 26th against the pass - hardly the rankings you'd like to see for a playoff team. This means that if Minnesota can provide a decent amount of pressure on Brees, New Orleans will not be able to keep up with Minnesota's ability to score.
The only problem I see with this is that Brees still plays very well, even with pressure in his face. There is no doubt that he is studying the game tape of the Vikes' D play and will expect the pressure. They will adjust their game plan accordingly.

It seems as though NO has rebounded from their late season slump and has a lot of offensive momentum going into this game. Defense is such a minor factor in Brees' game. The only way I see the Saints' offense having trouble is if Brees himself or his receivers are having an off day. Otherwise, this should be a high scoring affair as long as MN can keep up. I'm looking forward to what should be a VERY good game.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Saints are 19th against the rush and 26th against the pass - hardly the rankings you'd like to see for a playoff team. This means that if Minnesota can provide a decent amount of pressure on Brees, New Orleans will not be able to keep up with Minnesota's ability to score.
Saints fans keep telling me that their 2 starting corners were out a good portion of the year, but that they're back and healthy now. So, that 26th might be a bit misleading.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I don't care if the Vikings win or lose, frankly.
Good God, really? Are you a Packer fan (I am asking for real cuz I don't know)? Just wondering because there are a lot of reason for Packer fans to hate the Biqueens. Most folks don't take an indifferent approach to that which they loathe.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so funny how Vikings fans come to brag about being in the same position we were 2 years ago, while they still haven't achieved squat. And I'm not talking about this season only.

So, to all Vikings fans, if and when you win something, and by something I don't mean divisional titles, or conference titles, you'll still be 11 titles behind us.

And another thing. Your future is Tarvaris Jackson. Your very probable immediate future. Ours? Aaron Rodgers.

Give those little nuggets some thought before you think about any smack talk.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
It's so funny how Vikings fans come to brag about being in the same position we were 2 years ago, while they still haven't achieved squat. And I'm not talking about this season only.

So, to all Vikings fans, if and when you win something, and by something I don't mean divisional titles, or conference titles, you'll still be 11 titles behind us.
RS - so very true about Biqueen fans. I've never seen such an obnoxious bunch who root for a team that has done nothing to back up their bs. The next humble, decent queen fan I meet will be the first.

BTW, I agree with the part of your post that I bolded ONLY IF WE DON'T WIN ANOTHER ONE FIRST!!!! :viksux::happy0005::viksux:

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And another thing. Your future is Tarvaris Jackson. Your very probable immediate future. Ours? Aaron Rodgers.

Owned.:viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

That's 10 titles behind you. If you want, I'll explain it to you at the end of the season.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints fans keep telling me that their 2 starting corners were out a good portion of the year, but that they're back and healthy now. So, that 26th might be a bit misleading.

Oh, it shouldn't hurt. However, one thing that becomes apparent by this time of the year (at least it has to me starting about two playoffs ago) is that those teams in the playoffs that have dominating defensive fronts usually end up at the top of the heap when it's all said and done. So, while home field advantage is nice for the fans, I believe it comes second in importance to the front four a particular team fields. And, since Minnesota's front four plays so much better on artificial surfaces, I think this bodes well for their chances to advance to the Big Dance. After that, I make no predictions until I know the opponent - for certain - knowing the surface will be grass.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're putting to much on the wrong line. If the Saints don't get any pressure on Burt they'll get burned. they have a agreat screen package with both backs and Favre has a real go to guy like he had in GB with Free,Brooks,Sharpe,Driver etc. In othere words he's got a reciever on the same page to bail his *** out of the fire when he gets hassled.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
That's 10 titles behind you. If you want, I'll explain it to you at the end of the season.
LOL - don't tell me, you want to count an "NFL" championship before the merger and getting beaten down by the Chiefs in the Super Bowl right?? If that is the case then just claim all 4 superbowl losses as championships because they brought home as much hardware and are just as recognized as championships since the one you are referring to is simply a technicality becasue the NFL had yet to be re-named the NFC... So, I guess you are only 8 behind us... Well, 9 if I count our loss in SB 32... More again if I go back to championship game losses back in the old days...

No, the queens are 12 behind and if they don't win it this year, the odds are decent they will trail by even more in the coming 5-6 years...

:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts