Millen Man?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
walk out

Earlier this month, a movement coordinated mostly through the Internet was launched to stage a walkout on Christmas Eve. Herbert Nicholl Jr., who goes by the screen name Honolulublue, was one of the key architects.

Nicholl and other protest organizers decided to use "57" as their symbolic cornerstone in reference to the Lions' last world championship in 1957. Organizers proposed that fans wear No. 57 jerseys, leave their seats with 8:57 left in the second quarter and congregate in the stadium's main atrium with 3:57 left. At that time, fans would begin their choruses of "Fire Millen!", then walk out of Ford Field at halftime.

Several fans, possibly in the hundreds, did just that. Many carried signs or painted their clothing with protest slogans.

~~~~~~~

I did search and it comes up with tons of stuff

google search

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the radio yesterday that Millen will be retained for one more year, speculation only ( John Feinstein ).

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a sad excuse for a walk out from what I've heard. None of us cares anymore. Not going to start rooting for another team, just not wasting our emotions getting excited over a team that always sucks. we expect them to suck. They will continue to suck for a long time. They did suck, they do suck, and they will suck. Kind of depressing.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow Big3..

That is depressing. Especially since in the beginning of the season you came on here talking smack about how Kitna and the Lions were going to tear up the league...

Now that I think of it...it's kinda funny...

Kinda funny and depressing....

(Yeeesh...I'm happy I'm not a Lion's fan....)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a sad excuse for a walk out from what I've heard. None of us cares anymore. Not going to start rooting for another team, just not wasting our emotions getting excited over a team that always sucks. we expect them to suck. They will continue to suck for a long time. They did suck, they do suck, and they will suck. Kind of depressing.

It seemed Lion fans got angry last year and protested. The team did not listen.

Now the Lion "fans" don't even expend the energy. Apathy has taken over.

Few in Detroit care. Outside Detroit the Lions are for punchlines and ocaisionally a shake of the head because even random chance should have helped them by now.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Wow Big3..

That is depressing. Especially since in the beginning of the season you came on here talking smack about how Kitna and the Lions were going to tear up the league...

Now that I think of it...it's kinda funny...

Kinda funny and depressing....

(Yeeesh...I'm happy I'm not a Lion's fan....)

Thread by him

Lions wont suck this year

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=94446#94446

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound. I really appreciate that LOL

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From cnnsi.com:
In a move that has been expected, Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford has officially retained president Matt Millen for another season, according to a television report this morning.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Millen wins. No one has been that bad for that long ever. Other owners are smart enough to fire general managers before they get to 24 - 72.

Members online

Latest posts