1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Millen : "I'll Never Quit"

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by PackFanInSC, Jan 2, 2007.

1. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Millen says "I'll Never Quit" -- NFL.com

Lions GM Millen: 'I'll never quit'

NFL.com wire reports

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (Jan. 2, 2007) -- Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen said that quitting is not an option he has considered despite criticism of the team's dismal performance in his tenure.

"I'll never quit," Millen said in an interview with a small group of reporters, including The Detroit News, which posted some of his comments on its web site. "I can't do that. I don't even consider that.

"It's the way I'm made."

Asked why he wouldn't quit, Millen replied: "You're given a job, regardless of what it is. You keep on working and trying to get the thing done."

Messages seeking comment on Millen's remarks were left with spokesmen for the Lions. Coach Rod Marinelli didn't have any definitive word on Millen's future at his news conference earlier in the day.

About 100 Detroit fans held a protest during the second quarter of the last home game of the season Dec. 24 against the Chicago Bears. The fans left their seats midway through the quarter and gathered in Ford Field's atrium, where they chanted "Fire Millen" while watching the game on the scoreboard.

Detroit is an NFL-worst 24-72 since Millen took control of football operations before the 2001 season. But with a victory over Dallas in Week 17, the Lions finished 3-13, costing them the top pick in the draft, which will go to Oakland.

What a joke!! If I were the owner, I think that I would fire him for being too stupid to realize that he is part of the problem.

2. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has a .250 winning pct. Please Matt, don't quit!

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lions fans I have 2 words for you, "Your F**ked".

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    4 words for em

Focus on the Pistons

5. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    18 words..

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...............

6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously he meant 3 words for Lions fans - "You'll Never Win"

7. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least the Tigers are worth watching again. I couldn't stand both teams sucking for so long. I couldn't care less about the wings or the pistons. Unless of course Mike Illitch Buys the Lion's LOL

8. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Big- you gonna change your name to big4 this spring? :rotflmao: Seriously, no fans from any city deserve the punishment of Millen. This guy is an embarassment to the team, the NFL, and himself. The longer he stays around, the further his dignity goes away. What a complete sucker.

9. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you pack. finally someone realizes the **** we've been through these past few years instead of just ridiculing us for being fans.

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    in the last ten years, how many top five picks have the Lions had?

11. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

12. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you asked how many top ten picks they've had, I think the answer would be ten. But I'm not sure how many in the top five.

13. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4