Millen : "I'll Never Quit"

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Millen says "I'll Never Quit" -- NFL.com

Lions GM Millen: 'I'll never quit'

NFL.com wire reports

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (Jan. 2, 2007) -- Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen said that quitting is not an option he has considered despite criticism of the team's dismal performance in his tenure.

"I'll never quit," Millen said in an interview with a small group of reporters, including The Detroit News, which posted some of his comments on its web site. "I can't do that. I don't even consider that.

"It's the way I'm made."

Asked why he wouldn't quit, Millen replied: "You're given a job, regardless of what it is. You keep on working and trying to get the thing done."

Messages seeking comment on Millen's remarks were left with spokesmen for the Lions. Coach Rod Marinelli didn't have any definitive word on Millen's future at his news conference earlier in the day.

About 100 Detroit fans held a protest during the second quarter of the last home game of the season Dec. 24 against the Chicago Bears. The fans left their seats midway through the quarter and gathered in Ford Field's atrium, where they chanted "Fire Millen" while watching the game on the scoreboard.

Detroit is an NFL-worst 24-72 since Millen took control of football operations before the 2001 season. But with a victory over Dallas in Week 17, the Lions finished 3-13, costing them the top pick in the draft, which will go to Oakland.

What a joke!! If I were the owner, I think that I would fire him for being too stupid to realize that he is part of the problem.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
18 words..

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...............

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Tigers are worth watching again. I couldn't stand both teams sucking for so long. I couldn't care less about the wings or the pistons. Unless of course Mike Illitch Buys the Lion's LOL

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Tigers are worth watching again. I couldn't stand both teams sucking for so long. I couldn't care less about the wings or the pistons. Unless of course Mike Illitch Buys the Lion's LOL

Big- you gonna change your name to big4 this spring? :rotflmao: Seriously, no fans from any city deserve the punishment of Millen. This guy is an embarassment to the team, the NFL, and himself. The longer he stays around, the further his dignity goes away. What a complete sucker.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you pack. finally someone realizes the **** we've been through these past few years instead of just ridiculing us for being fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts