Mikel LeShoure (RB, Illinois)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he falls to the late second round, we should draft him. At 6'0 and 230 lbs. he's a load to take down. Not a burner, but he gets up to speed in a flash. Quick hitter. Can make guys miss and break arm tackles. He can also play receiver out of the slot. He also has a clean injury history.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he falls to the late second round, we should draft him. At 6'0 and 230 lbs. he's a load to take down. Not a burner, but he gets up to speed in a flash. Quick hitter. Can make guys miss and break arm tackles. He can also play receiver out of the slot. He also has a clean injury history.

He will not last that long. He is our #2 junior RB and is on the rise. More of a Ryan Matthews type...runs around a 4.53, so not slow by any means either. He does NOT have a clean injury history either. Broken jaw in 08 during a fight with a teammate. He lost 17lbs from this and has had maturity issues...bad eating habits and poor weight room work ethic are the two that come to mind. Good north/south runner but isn't a great receiver. Uses his body too much to catch and isn't a great blocker.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He will not last that long. He is our #2 junior RB and is on the rise. More of a Ryan Matthews type...runs around a 4.53, so not slow by any means either. He does NOT have a clean injury history either. Broken jaw in 08 during a fight with a teammate. He lost 17lbs from this and has had maturity issues...bad eating habits and poor weight room work ethic are the two that come to mind. Good north/south runner but isn't a great receiver. Uses his body too much to catch and isn't a great blocker.

I don't consider a broken jaw to be a mark on a guy's injury history. I'm talking knees, shoulders, ankles, hamstrings, back injuries, etc. He's clean on those.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider a broken jaw to be a mark on a guy's injury history. I'm talking knees, shoulders, ankles, hamstrings, back injuries, etc. He's clean on those.

Interesting. Most scouts consider all injuries, no matter the area or degree of seriousness.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. Most scouts consider all injuries, no matter the area or degree of seriousness.

Interesting. Last time I checked, the mandible isn't used much in football other than something to strap your helmet to. In other words, a broken jaw from 2 years ago is 100% insignificant as related to his ability to function as a RB now or in the future.

So what if scouts are going to report that broken jaw? That's their job. But I HIGHLY doubt that any GM is going to pass on him because of it. C'mon.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. Last time I checked, the mandible isn't used much in football other than something to strap your helmet to. In other words, a broken jaw from 2 years ago is 100% insignificant as related to his ability to function as a RB now or in the future.

So what if scouts are going to report that broken jaw? That's their job. But I HIGHLY doubt that any GM is going to pass on him because of it. C'mon.

I never once said he would be passed up because of his broken jaw. I was only clarifying your statement that he has "a clean injury history" which was false.

Perhaps the greatest thing to look at from that incident was the fact that he has a history of fighting with a teammate. His suspension in 2009 for violating team rules would also raise some concerns about his character I can imagine.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never once said he would be passed up because of his broken jaw. I was only clarifying your statement that he has "a clean injury history" which was false.

Perhaps the greatest thing to look at from that incident was the fact that he has a history of fighting with a teammate. His suspension in 2009 for violating team rules would also raise some concerns about his character I can imagine.

Okay, if it makes you feel better, I'll change it to a "clean relevant injury history."

As for the "fight", there was an argument between him and Jeff Cumberland after a practice (who doesn't argue occasionally?). In the locker room, Cumberland accused him of messing with his cell phone (he wasn't, Cumberland jumped to a hasty conclusion) and Cumberland decided to sucker-punch him in the jaw. LeShoure had as much right to defend him self as anyone else. Non-issue.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, if it makes you feel better, I'll change it to a "clean relevant injury history."

As for the "fight", there was an argument between him and Jeff Cumberland after a practice (who doesn't argue occasionally?). In the locker room, Cumberland accused him of messing with his cell phone (he wasn't, Cumberland jumped to a hasty conclusion) and Cumberland decided to sucker-punch him in the jaw. LeShoure had as much right to defend him self as anyone else. Non-issue.

The injury caused him to lose 17 pounds. Is that not relevant? I think it is. It would be better if you changed it to "His only notable injury was a broken jaw accrued in a fight."

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The injury caused him to lose 17 pounds. Is that not relevant? I think it is. It would be better if you changed it to "His only notable injury was a broken jaw accrued in a fight."

Okay, fine, but it still carries no significance today. Not sure if you knew this, but he's gained the weight back, mostly as muscle.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, fine, but it still carries no significance today. Not sure if you knew this, but he's gained the weight back, mostly as muscle.

Yes I knew that. He did turn things around in the weight room, but some of that work ethic has been questionable before. I would not be opposed to taking him in the late 2nd, but no earlier at this point. Lets see how he does in Feb too.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgFcPDMQLQ]YouTube - Mikel Leshoure 2010 Highlights[/ame]

Latest posts