Mike Tomlin sure was classy after the loss

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I have just gotten to re-watch my own home recording of XLV. Outside the locker room and on the podium Tomlin made no excuses and complimented the Pack over and over. That and his self degrading delivery came across very nice for me. As I dealt with steeler fans for two weeks that had no idea why the Packers were even bothering to get on the plane in Wisconsin.. And I'm going to like this on your facebook link so they all can see lol

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Tomlin too. He coaches like a player playing the game. He gets just as emotional as the players but yet keeps a level head. I've never heard him trash talk in the media about other teams. That's not easy when you play in the AFC. If MM wasn't doing such an awesome job, a coach with Tomlin's character is who I would want to coach the Pack.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they were talking about this on Mike & Mike in the morning Monday, when they had coach Mike Ditka. All 3 of the Mikes with the mic's thought Coach Mike (Tomlin) was very gracious and classy when he got the mic, and mentioned that both he and coach Mike (McCarthy) had done a great job this season.
Someone said that coach Mike (McCarthy) was 10 times better than the previous Packer coach Mike (Sherman), and some even speculated that coach Mike (McCarthy) was actually a better X's & O's coach than the previous Packer Super Bowl winning coach Mike (Holmgren).

:Heristical:Holy Mike's Batman!

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Tomlin is a class act. Always liked him and thought that if we ever had an opening at head coach he would fit well with the Packers organization. Of course, can't really complain about our coach. SUUUUUPERBOOOOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, as were the majority of the Steeler fans posting here after the game. We beat a very, very good team.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is that I am SOOOO Glad that the Steelers hired him away from the Viqueens:Heristical::viksux:

....think how insufferable they would be if they had him and won the Super Bowl :drag::banned:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
All I can say is that I am SOOOO Glad that the Steelers hired him away from the Viqueens:Heristical::viksux:

....think how insufferable they would be if they had him and won the Super Bowl :drag::banned:

I just dont like respecting anyone in that organization. It's hard enough liking AP.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's the one big fault that I have with TT is not making the move to trade up for AP, or trading with the Browns so they could get Quinn. Instead he drafted Harrell :(:shout::shout::fie:

You know what really sucks? I found a roll of $100 bills last night, and the rubber band was really tight. I mean, I almost broke a fingernail trying to get the dang rubber band off. Whats up with that? I mean the guy just lost a couple grand, I know he could afford a money clip or something. What am I going to do with this rubber band. Life SUCKS!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what really sucks? I found a roll of $100 bills last night, and the rubber band was really tight. I mean, I almost broke a fingernail trying to get the dang rubber band off. Whats up with that? I mean the guy just lost a couple grand, I know he could afford a money clip or something. What am I going to do with this rubber band. Life SUCKS!

Wow! You found my roll. I know it's mine--the bills had Ben Franklin on them, and rubber band was tan.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomlin rose a few ranks with me with that interview. I thought it was very classy given the circumstances. You shove a mic at a coach right after his team loses the SB and you just don't know what kind of reaction you are gonna get. It must of been a very emotional time for him and saying that must of been hard. I'm sure he fully expected to be in MM's place on that podium, celebrating a win.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a huge Mike Tomlin fan. Love his attitude and the energy he brings, and he's always a class act. I love that he doesn't sugarcoat things, and doesn't stand for BS. Loved his response about, "I'm not going to sit up here and make excuses thats for you (the media) to do, what I WILL say is that the Green Bay Packers played a hell of a football game." haha love that subtle burn at the media.

Still like Coach McCarthy better though!! :) :)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
From what I heard on NFL network, some of the big wigs from the Steelers front office came to the Packer's locker room after the SB and congratulated them. Steelers org is top notch classy!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Only thing worse would be the Bears winning one. Especially since I'm an Illinois Packers fan.:chisux:

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really pleased when I saw Coach Tomlin's interview after the game. He was man enough to admit that the Packers played a very good game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl with someone else's team isn't enough for me to really say he's one of the best coaches in the league.

**** Le'Beau is the real reason the Steelers are still a great team without Bill Cowher.

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, us Steeler fans get frustrated with him a lot. He's fired up when things are going good, but when things are going bad he looks like a deer in headlights. Either way, he is a good follow up to Cowher. He's only been there for what, 3 or 4 years? Hopefully he'll develop the Cowher jaw in time.

As for the presser after, he was really classy. Tomlin is one to say my team was good, your team was better. I think we all appreciated it after having to listen to the train wreck that is Jon Harbaugh not giving any praise to the Steelers at all after they won.

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whenever he's giving an interview.. He opens his eyes super wide when hes about to make a point. lol i love it

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing that irritated me about that whiny piece of S___T was his we had injuries they had injuries! Don't compare losing 1/2 of your defensive backfield and a starting WR to some scrub who caught 23 passes!! Christ and he never admitted that w\o the drops GB wins by 30 maybe sets SB scoring record!!! GB beat a good team but not nearly the best team they played!!

Pack88

Members online

Latest posts