Mike Stock (Special Teams Coach) Retires

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link

Green Bay Packers special teams coordinator Mike Stock has announced his retirement from professional coaching. This past season marked Stock's 44th year in coaching and his 18th at the professional level. He served as Packers' special teams coordinator each of the past three seasons (2006-08).

"I would like to thank Mike for all of his contributions over the past three years," Head Coach Mike McCarthy said. "The energy and passion he consistently displayed as a coach is something I've admired since we first worked together in Kansas City in 1995. Mike had a positive impact in developing many of the younger players on our roster, which we will continue to benefit from in coming seasons. I wish him, Peggy and their entire family all the best in Mike's retirement years."

Stock's resume includes 26 years of coaching experience at the college level, including stops at his alma mater, Northwestern (1961), Buffalo (1966-67), Navy (1968), Notre Dame (1969-74, 1983-86), Wisconsin (1975-77), Eastern Michigan (1978-82) and Ohio State (1992-94). His National Football League experience included time with Cincinnati (1987-91), Kansas City (1995-2000), Washington (2001-03), St. Louis (2004) and Green Bay (2006-08), along with one season in the United States Football League (1983 with New Jersey).

"My passion for the game was strong through the very last contest, but in thinking further about the commitment needed for another season and discussing it with my family, ultimately I decided this was the best decision for us," Stock said. "I've been very fortunate throughout my life to play and coach a sport I love very much. I thank the Green Bay Packers for the opportunity to spend three wonderful years here. I'll miss the games, and I'll miss the people. But I look forward to spending more time with my wife, my three children and five grandchildren."

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts