Mike Sherman

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is now 3-2 in the Dump and has won the division 3 times in his five years. Yes he makes mistakes, but I'd rather have him coachin than almost anyone.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say get Sherman a real GM and things could get real good around GB again.

You don't need the best coach in the league, and many teams spend decades chasing that elusive white rabbit, never reaching the playoffs. You don't need the best QB either, or the best GM. You need good pieces to the puzzle that work well togther and get the job done.

Mike needs a good GM to help complete the puzzle. Maybe a few new assistants .. but we won't go there now.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the job either coordinator has done this year. This was the first game I've seen either one adjust to the opposition. Mike does a good job calling plays but something needs to be done about the game management, i.e. getting players in there on time, clock management, deciding whether to challenge a call, etc. We blow too many time-outs needlessly.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're kidding, right?

We need to find a Team with a good DC; a Team that isn't going anywhere because they have virtually NO Offense and no $$$$$$ to rebuild with, either...

Which Team would that be?

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well what happens to Sherman now? Do they take away the GM or HC or possible they take away both :?: It will be interesting to see what happens,he has one year left on his contract. I don't think he will go into next season as a lame duck coach. :|

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had better take away one of those resposiblities? I am thinking GM.

Slowik needs to be fired NOW!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had better take away one of those resposiblities? I am thinking GM.
Is Tommorow soon enough!!!! :puke:
If Green Bay had a true Gm we could be much more creative with our salery cap. We all know the down fall of the Packers over the last 5 years has been consistant drafts. Our scout team must be weak at best to encourage the picks we have encountered. When there is knowone to answer to as in Magic Mikeys case, our drafts come down to one mans decisions, veiwpoints, and wants. A good gm would be worth his weight in gold by exploring second tier players on other teams in the NFL now. With a bit more success in the later rounds of the draft and signing a few quailty second tier players with the desire to show they belong in the NFL, the packer would have more money to keep key players at home.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, it's appearing as though we're going to have a job-sharing arrangement ala Tom Braatz/Lindy Infante if things shake out the way they're appearing to. I'm afraid that Mr. Harlan may be trying to drink the situation pretty ... with all due respect to Mike Sherman, who bleeds green and gold, his stint as GM is going to haunt GB for a long time, not unlike Dan Devine's reign.

In my unsolicited opinion, the Pack lack the talent defensively, been my contention since Sherman's second year, to compete seriously for a Super Bowl. The Pack's cap is heavily weighted toward the offense and will preclude our going after and attracting immediate help defensively. ANY defensive co-ordinator out there could not salvage this bunch.

Everyone goes back now and says that firing Donetell was a mistake ... I dont' think it was. Hiring Slowik (man, all you had to do was look at his resume) just because he's a 'buddy" was nothing more of an amplification of the errors. I knew we were dead the minute Slowik said that the Pack had the talent defensively to compete and that our problems last year were scheme related. So, a guy who over saw one of the worst defensive backfields in the NFL last year, is promoted to DC ... well, as much as I like Mike Sherman as a man, Mike Sherman the GM ... was nothing short of a "BM" in my book.

Good morning everyone. :lol: Wow...I'd better take a chill pill..

Members online

Latest posts