Mike Sherman will be sent PACK-ing after the 2005 season

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Wheels - What are you gonna do when we all see TT will decide to KEEP Mike Sherman?

In 1999 - Who else was available to take Holmgren's place? Just about NOBODY!

I'd agree that handing MS all the reins, just when they had refused to do so for Homgren was a bit off kilter
--- especially when the rest of the League was already "walking away" from the HC's holding those Titles together...!

Let's not volunteer to wear the blinders or drink the kool-aid just yet!

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally have no problems with Sherman. Its his defensive personnel that I am worried about. No matter how good Bates is, its going to be tough.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
we're replacing these type of players with young, hungry players with speed! Give it a chance, really. :beer:

You may be right but it is going to take 2-3 years and Sherman's departure from Green Bay.

I'm gonna key on that word, hungry...the lazy, overpaid players only does this team good by leaving (Hunt leaving would be a huge step)

I don't wanna hear the word 'rebuild' as long as we have favre

and yeah we need Sherman gone before this team goes deep in the playoffs

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JW84's rebuilding comment is interesting. I 100% agree that no rebuilding will occur until Favre is gone. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I see both sides.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
JW84's rebuilding comment is interesting. I 100% agree that no rebuilding will occur until Favre is gone. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I see both sides.

but i'm in support of the attempted revival of the defense, however that isn't rebuilding, because it was never built in the first place

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Holmgren is a bush league *******. There's no way he's coming back to GB. They should rename the damn street after a guy with some character like Fritz, who made that fat clown what he was.

Edited for profanity by Leopardmech 8 June 05

Hey, TOP don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :lol: Actually,I tend to go with your line of thinking. I did not like the way "HomeGrown" left. There had to be more there than met the eye between Wolf and him. He could have stayed here, eventually took over and became a Packer legend. Now with the way he left and losing the SB his history is very tarnished.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've lost a lot of faith in MS for a number of reasons I won't go into now. He's our coach this year so I hope he does fantastic. I don't think that is what will happen but I want the Packers to do well.

TT, IMO, is being very deliberate in making his decisions like he has with all of them to this point. If MS doesn't do well this year I believe TT will make the neccessary decision. I see no reason we should not be better than last year. That may not be enough to to have a better record as the other 3 teams in our division should be better also. As close as we all are I believe coaching is the key. This is a critical year for MS.

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel makes some good points but I want to reserve any opinion until I see how Sherman does as strictly the HC of the Packers.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
TOPackerFan said:
Holmgren is a bush league *******. There's no way he's coming back to GB. They should rename the damn street after a guy with some character like Fritz, who made that fat clown what he was.

Edited for profanity by Leopardmech 8 June 05

Hey, TOP don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :lol: Actually,I tend to go with your line of thinking. I did not like the way "HomeGrown" left. There had to be more there than met the eye between Wolf and him. He could have stayed here, eventually took over and became a Packer legend. Now with the way he left and losing the SB his history is very tarnished.

I'm still p*ssed about the way Holmgren left GB and I'm convinced he tanked SB XXXII and the 98 playoff loss to SF on purpose to get back at Harlan for not being made GM.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that's right..
and the only reason Mike Sherman was made GM/HC was so that Harlan/Wolf could stick it in Holmgren's face when he went to Seattle.

only difference is that if Holmgren had been made GM/HC of the Pack, Favre would have 2 more SB Rings by now.....

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say bring back Forestt Gregg. The talent is about to reach that level very soon so why not complete the picture?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
that's right..
and the only reason Mike Sherman was made GM/HC was so that Harlan/Wolf could stick it in Holmgren's face when he went to Seattle.

only difference is that if Holmgren had been made GM/HC of the Pack, Favre would have 2 more SB Rings by now.....
What flavor is that kool-aid by the way...?

I can say this - on JSonline awhile back, we saw an article about Dorsey Levens and his attitude about possibly winning the SuperBowl and hating to lose yet another one, with the Eagles - knowing he would not be able to handle it very well.
Andy Reid, apparently, had him in the Office for a private chat over this attitude - and Andy responded that "later on, after this has all died down - they would have a talk over what happened in SB 32" - meaning WHY, did Holmgren stop using Levens to stuff it down Denver's throat in the 2nd half like he did in the first half where the Packers were killing the Broncos much like we were the Eagles (duplicate scenario)..? It has been discussed that this one change in tactics in THAT Superbowl was what cost the Packers another two-in-a-row with the Lombardi Trophy....

You can surmise your own end result and the reasons therein.
Like I said before - sure luv to be a fly on the wall for Andy's discussion with Dorsey.... I sorta doubt it will qualm any angst over it all either!

You tell me..... Did Holmgren do that on purpose? I can't answer that.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
leopardmech said:
Tank a Superbowl on purpose???? Are you guys nuts. Nobody would do that, I don't care what the reason.

you know prez gets a little wacky every now and then...
C'mon now guys.... the JSonline story was fer real.... step back into reality here...
Why would Andy Reid feel like he owes Dorsey Levens an explanation?
And what would that be?

Here, read this....

Then he called Levens into his office.

Like I said cheeseheads - you can come to your own conclusion!

Members online

Latest posts