Mike Sherman new Texas A & M coach

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The guy was doomed. Who looks like the superstar after that hiring?

The same superstar hired Sherman.. so isn't that a mark on Wolfe's resume? Or I should say recommended him for the position.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hard to forgive Sherman for not going on 4th and 1 when you had the best rushing attack in the NFL in '03. I was actually glad when he left the Packers.

That said, as a person, he's a decent man and I wish him success. He has a good heart, and he really did bleed green and gold. He just failed to get it done.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
The guy was doomed. Who looks like the superstar after that hiring?

The same superstar hired Sherman.. so isn't that a mark on Wolfe's resume? Or I should say recommended him for the position.

Don't you get it? the fact that Sherman failed secures Wolf as the greates GM in Packer history. Had Sherman screwed up and been successful Wolf wouldn't have looked nearly so much of a genius. This way only Wolf looks like the king of GM's. And remember, this is all my conspiracy theory.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Don't you get it? the fact that Sherman failed secures Wolf as the greates GM in Packer history. Had Sherman screwed up and been successful Wolf wouldn't have looked nearly so much of a genius. This way only Wolf looks like the king of GM's. And remember, this is all my conspiracy theory.

Wolf in part was responsible for adding Sherman.. so it doesn't add to Wolf's legacy.

Plus Wolf was a consultant for how long.. so in ways Wolf had a part in the early preformance of Sherman.. either way.. Wolf took a hit for the hire.

That is my point.

Reaction score
Not when you factor the division competition in his tenure. I'm sorry to even jump into this discussion again, but I can't let a comment like that go by without responding. I would be like someone in the south telling me that 40 degrees is cold.

That's a fair point you raise.

But it was also Sherman that brought this team back from 0-4 to make it to the playoffs.

He had his moments as coach, but there were obvious flaws. When you have your ex-assistants (in the plural) criticizing you, there is a serious problem. And at times, Sherman made some really stupid decisions (Atlanta game in playoffs comes to mind right away).

Best of luck to Sherman, perhaps he has learned from his mistakes and improved his downfalls.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish him well........like i said, as a person, i liked the guy. I just think he blew it on several occasions.
Maybe at A&M he will have the job he really wants. I saw him on TV, and he really seems to be where he wants to be.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Its still a mystery to me why the Packer's decided to give Sherman that role.

If I remember right, Holmgren wanted the duel role and the Packer's were unwilling to give it to him. So why Sherman?

This is a bit of a conspiracy theory, but here it goes. I think Ron Wolf pushed for Sherman to get that job to secure his own legacy in Green Bay. If you think about it for a moment it might make sense. Sherman had never been a head coach at any level and had no administrative experience either. In essence, other than being a really good person, he had no qualifications for either job at Green Bay, much less being both GM and Head Coach. The guy was doomed. Who looks like the superstar after that hiring?

That would be an incredibly malicious thing for Wolfe to do. I have never heard of anyone in sports intentionally hiring someone they thought would be incompetent, hoping to look good by comparison. GM's, coaches and players always seem to be very loyal to their organizations after they leave, and they hope for continued success, so they will be remembered as part of a great tradition. I think this would be especially true of someone like Ron Wolf, who built the team up after it had been down for awhile. I've never heard anything about Ron Wolf that makes me think he would sabotage the organization that he used to be a part of.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ Sherman wearing his pants on his belly.
like a woman.

Anyways, I liked Sherman as a coach, not so much as a GM. He didn't do so bad in the draft at least!! (Nick Barnett)

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ Sherman wearing his pants on his belly.
like a woman.

Anyways, I liked Sherman as a coach, not so much as a GM. He didn't do so bad in the draft at least!! (Nick Barnett)

He didn't do so bad in the draft? Do you remember B.J. Sander or Ahmad Carroll.

Members online

No members online now.