1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Sherman new Texas A & M coach

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by musccy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    The same superstar hired Sherman.. so isn't that a mark on Wolfe's resume? Or I should say recommended him for the position.

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it hard to forgive Sherman for not going on 4th and 1 when you had the best rushing attack in the NFL in '03. I was actually glad when he left the Packers.

That said, as a person, he's a decent man and I wish him success. He has a good heart, and he really did bleed green and gold. He just failed to get it done.

3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't you get it? the fact that Sherman failed secures Wolf as the greates GM in Packer history. Had Sherman screwed up and been successful Wolf wouldn't have looked nearly so much of a genius. This way only Wolf looks like the king of GM's. And remember, this is all my conspiracy theory.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Wolf in part was responsible for adding Sherman.. so it doesn't add to Wolf's legacy.

Plus Wolf was a consultant for how long.. so in ways Wolf had a part in the early preformance of Sherman.. either way.. Wolf took a hit for the hire.

That is my point.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a fair point you raise.

But it was also Sherman that brought this team back from 0-4 to make it to the playoffs.

He had his moments as coach, but there were obvious flaws. When you have your ex-assistants (in the plural) criticizing you, there is a serious problem. And at times, Sherman made some really stupid decisions (Atlanta game in playoffs comes to mind right away).

Best of luck to Sherman, perhaps he has learned from his mistakes and improved his downfalls.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I wish him well........like i said, as a person, i liked the guy. I just think he blew it on several occasions.
    Maybe at A&M he will have the job he really wants. I saw him on TV, and he really seems to be where he wants to be.

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be an incredibly malicious thing for Wolfe to do. I have never heard of anyone in sports intentionally hiring someone they thought would be incompetent, hoping to look good by comparison. GM's, coaches and players always seem to be very loyal to their organizations after they leave, and they hope for continued success, so they will be remembered as part of a great tradition. I think this would be especially true of someone like Ron Wolf, who built the team up after it had been down for awhile. I've never heard anything about Ron Wolf that makes me think he would sabotage the organization that he used to be a part of.

8. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol @ Sherman wearing his pants on his belly.
    like a woman.

Anyways, I liked Sherman as a coach, not so much as a GM. He didn't do so bad in the draft at least!! (Nick Barnett)

9. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He didn't do so bad in the draft? Do you remember B.J. Sander or Ahmad Carroll.