Mike Pennel

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no reason to bring him back if that's the case. I really liked how he was working his way up, but it appears he's needing help to develop. Thanks for your services, but see you later.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got a valid point in his lawsuit, but it's just a technicality. I'm not sure what a different arbitrator is going to say but we will find out.

Maybe it's time to see if Johnny Jolly wants to make another comeback... :whistling:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least Guion seems to be clear of the smoke.....for now.

Anyone read anything about Raji and how his 1 year hiatus is working out? Will be interesting to see if he ever returns and if he does, will he be rejuvenated or just washed up.

H

HardRightEdge

He's got a valid point in his lawsuit, but it's just a technicality. I'm not sure what a different arbitrator is going to say but we will find out.
Every week Pennel can delay the process through the end of the season earns him his per game check of $37,500.

You have to wonder why the NFL can't come up with a 3rd. arbitrator and if there were other rulings made short-handed that will come back to bite them. Very sloppy, especially on the part of the NFLPA.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The team needs a better DT that's a smarter person, apparently. It looks like he may have a problem that he can't or won't tackle.
Sheez! Another knucklehead being a knucklehead. Get rid of him already!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge disappointment for me. I had hoped he'd take the next step, but instead he's been the same 'flash' player who disappears for long stretches. And now this.
Put him on the 'dead weight to be trimmed this off season ' list.

D

Deleted member 6794

Clark's workload is about to increase.

True, most likely Lowry and Ringo will get more snaps as well.

Huge disappointment for me. I had hoped he'd take the next step, but instead he's been the same 'flash' player who disappears for long stretches.

Pennel has only played 95 snaps all season which indicates the coaching staff wasn't excited about his performance either.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care if Pennel is exempt from the 53 man roster or not during his 4 game suspension ~ perfect guy to make an example of to the rest of the team. Cut him ASAP and be rid of him!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree. Normally, I'd say let him serve it and see if he can help in the post season. But he started the year suspended, and even though we're making the playoffs :) ) he can end it suspended and not on our team.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penney is a very athletic big man. Looks like it's coming from PED's. He's another guy who has shown flashes but hasn't made the jump into being a productive player. I would cut his *** ASAP.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pennel, Guion, Jones, etc, etc, etc. There is a definite lack of control in the house. Time to clean it.

Reaction score
First, I hope he gets help for his substance abuse because it sounds like he truly needs it.
Im reluctant not because I don't think he deserves a last chance, but based on what I'm hearing IMO His behavior will only continue to get worse. He needs to get serious and shake off this inability to take on responsibility for his actions.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as really needs to get help or else, he will not just ruin his career. But need to try to save his life.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pennel, Guion, Jones, etc, etc, etc. There is a definite lack of control in the house. Time to clean it.

I don´t believe the Packers have a large number of suspensions compared to other teams in the league.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hold a lot against Guion or Jones. Probably because I don't have a problem with guns not used to commit crimes and i have to live in society with people drugged up to their freaking eyeballs in SSRI's, opiods, mood stabilizers, sleep aids, and all other sorts of mind altering drugs and the only thing people seemed concerned about it how come it costs so much for health care. meanwhile people are going to get all bent out of shape over some weed.

Anyway, Jones got caught, did his time and has been ok. 10 years ago Jones could have walked out of the locker room with handfuls of opiods and nobody would have batted any eye. as far as I"m concerned, they could play football stoned if they could perform well enough to keep a job, why would it matter to me?

Pennel has been busted twice with PED's now and has been suspended twice in the same year. At one time he appeared to be a player on the rise after working his way up. Now we know why. Apparently he knows if he doesn't take them he won't make a team, that's why he keeps risking it, so cut him loose.

Members online

Latest posts