Mike Neal Hoping To Return After Bye

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaz...book-Neal-hoping-return-after-bye?odyssey=tab

Mike Neal is hoping to be back from knee surgery shortly after the Packers’ bye weekend at the end of October.

The defensive end is coming back from arthroscopic surgery on his left knee 2½ weeks ago to repair cartilage damage sustained in an Aug. 16 training camp practice. During the procedure, team physician Pat McKenzie removed two chunks of loose cartilage and smoothed some jagged areas from which the chunks were torn, all of which was causing Neal pain and swelling in the knee.
By Oct. 31, the day after the Packers’ bye, Neal will be seven weeks removed from surgery.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Best of luck to Neal, hopefully he can provide some pass-rush upon return.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that guy.

However, I hope his first game is the one I'm gonna be at, in San Diego.... because the over/under on how many games he will play without getting another nagging injury is ........ not high.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So the earliest Neal could return to the practice field would be Oct. 31. That would be seven weeks after he had surgery to remove loose chunks of cartilage in his left knee. Neal originally sustained the injury during an Aug. 16 training camp practice when he planted wrong during a non-contact drill, but he didn’t have the surgery until Sept. 13 after the knee didn’t respond to treatment and rehabilitation.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaz...mains-flux?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|PKR-News

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As ecstatic as I would be if Neal were to return in time for the Chargers game, at this point I'd be thrilled to just have him in any game this season.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets face it guys. We don't need him. We're 7-0. It would be icing on the cake if anything.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think we "need" him. But I also think we "need" someone like Finley, even though we won the SB without him. Sure we can win without the guy, but it sure would open things up for us if we had him. I have resigned myself to the idea that he won't play this year, though.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
But it would be sooooo Sweeeeet to see him barreling down on Rivers on 4th down and watch him throw the ball out of bounds.

Neal comes back and plays to his potential and the other guys get healthy, we are looking at a whole different D the second half.

Reaction score
Get our big pass rushing DE back is always a good thing, I mean nothing against Pickett, dude is great against the run, but we need to get someone to help Raji with the inside pressure. ... Disrupt the QBs we face and what not.

Crash_override

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 sack day? Let's start with baby steps, like "staying healthy".

Seriously, let's get through one game without going down, watch some film and see how it goes. I think he should even split time his first couple games back. It's not like we're dying at that position, and having a healthy bench is the most important thing for the Pack in the big picture.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But it would be sooooo Sweeeeet to see him barreling down on Rivers on 4th down and watch him throw the ball out of bounds.

Neal comes back and plays to his potential and the other guys get healthy, we are looking at a whole different D the second half.

I think the bye week gives the secondary a chance to get fairly healthy and we'll be looking at a whole different D the second half anyway.

Members online

Latest posts