Mike McCarthy's Future

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, I think TT should be out the door before MM. The guy has consistently built flawed rosters and put the burden on one guy. That said, do you think MM is fired if they finish below ( Frankly I see them winning maybe two more games max) .500?

Possible replacements: John Harbaugh, Chuck Pagano, Jim Harbaugh, Gruden, Rex Ryan.

D

Deleted member 6794

To clarify, I think TT should be out the door before MM. The guy has consistently built flawed rosters and put the burden on one guy. That said, do you think MM is fired if they finish below ( Frankly I see them winning maybe two more games max) .500?

Possible replacements: John Harbaugh, Chuck Pagano, Jim Harbaugh, Gruden, Rex Ryan.

There's absolutely no reason for the Packers to fire McCarthy even if the team finishes this season below .500. Aside of Jim Harbaugh all of the other coaches you mentioned would be terrible choices to replace him.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully not. The MM-TT combo has a ring, consistent play-off appearances ... Capers and the 3-4 should fly out of the window in the offseason ... if he somehow can still breathe and find the way to the stadium, Monte Kiffin for a 4:3-defense (I know, he is 77)...

D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully not. The MM-TT combo has a ring, consistent play-off appearances ... Capers and the 3-4 should fly out of the window in the offseason ... if he somehow can still breathe and find the way to the stadium, Monte Kiffin for a 4:3-defense (I know, he is 77)...

Holy cow, the Packers definitely shouldn't bring in a 77-year old defensive coordinator. In addition the team doesn't have the personnel to switch to a 4-3 scheme.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy cow, the Packers definitely shouldn't bring in a 77-year old defensive coordinator. In addition the team doesn't have the personnel to switch to a 4-3 scheme.
There is an offseason to do so. Even, if you would have to bring the wise old man to the practice field in a wheelchair with a nurse and lifesaving equipment aside. I see only the 4:3-DE as a position to be adressed in FA or Draft. Matthews, Ryan, Martinez as LB's would be fine. A Corner who can play man to man like Woodson or Harris did would be the topping ...

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you are missing a component to your math. Forgot to carry over the mvp. I'm next to positive that you can remove either or both of those 2 and we would have seen nearly identical results from #12 and #4 prior. Without? We don't have such a hot record. Time Will tell.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are missing a component to your math. Forgot to carry over the mvp. I'm next to positive that you can remove either or both of those 2 and we would have seen nearly identical results from #12 and #4 prior. Without? We don't have such a hot record. Time Will tell.
Well, this is something we will never find out. Fact is, they built competetive teams on offense, carrying the pack almost always to the playoffs, only the defense was the reason the team has not 4 rings in the # 12-era. And right, we had the luck to have no QB-worries for more than 20 years ...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another thread that has turned into an "if you remove the best player on your team, you won't be as good" thread. YAY.....

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another thread that has turned into an "if you remove the best player on your team, you won't be as good" thread. YAY.....
It is true. Remove the best one, bring in a replacement and overall potential goes down. Pessimists experience only nice surprises. :)

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna agree with the O.P. Ted FIRST and foremost has to be sent packing! We've needed this for a couple years, and now finally some of the rest of you are seeing it. As far as Mike goes, I'm starting to agree here. Today's play calling in the 1st half was atrocious at best, and borderline incompetent. As far as the names given, I would be ok with all of them except Pagano. This team needs to get tougher and I think the other coaches (Including Rex Ryan) would do that. We've seen too many guys treated badly cause teammates won't stand up and fight, and quite frankly I'm sick of it. We need an attitude change on this team!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McCarthy, I think he's a pretty good coach. However, I would tell him to ditch Capers or he's out. Everyone on the planet knows the defense stinks but McCarthy is apparently just thrilled with it - or else he places the blame on someone other than Dom.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this is something we will never find out. Fact is, they built competetive teams on offense, carrying the pack almost always to the playoffs, only the defense was the reason the team has not 4 rings in the # 12-era. And right, we had the luck to have no QB-worries for more than 20 years ...

Yet another claim the defense is the sole reason behind more rings despite multiple playoff losses in which the offense didn't' do well either.

Yes, the defense hasn't been good in playoff loses, but it hasn't been the only factor.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the defense hasn't been good in playoff loses, but it hasn't been the only factor.
It's been the most glaring, though. You need a good defense for when the offense doesn't perform.

McCarthy's offenses have been consistently good, and since he's an offensive minded coach that's the side of the ball he needs to be judged on. If only he wasn't so attached to Capers for some reason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've all played their part. It can easily be said that when I defense does perform and gets you 5 extra possessions, your offense led by the HOF QB should score some TD's. They've all played their part in the losses when the games have counted. Every game has it's own set of unique circumstances.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McMoron was going to be gone, he would have by now.
They can win just one game per season and they would still keep him for some reason.

Members online

Latest posts