Mike McCarthy

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was in his position, yes, I'm probably using Grant or Green there too.

But the guy got one touch all game, and it was when they were in full all-out clock killing mode with a 2 score lead. It's not like they were trying to pound it inside the tackles with Kuhn all game. To me it's just a non-issue IMO.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Did A-rod hve the m-stash could not see if he shaved it? what gets me is that Mc Carthy runs the O-plays then he should own up and run D-plays also, Capers should only offer up suggestions, and not have total control...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Did A-rod hve the m-stash could not see if he shaved it? what gets me is that Mc Carthy runs the O-plays then he should own up and run D-plays also, Capers should only offer up suggestions, and not have total control...
He had his usual stubble. I disagree, though I do think MM should have some defensive input

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like is the lack of adjustments made. It used to be that if we didn't do so hot in the first half, coming out after half time the team had a new plan and came out utterly dominant....now, as of late, it seems we are stuck on the same ol' plan as the first half if things are not going the right way........same stuck in the mud game plan.

More so than the adjustments is the poor play calling.....wow...tossing a long pass on 3rd and 1 is a bone head move, we had Kuhn back and we all know that he can still get us a much needed 3 or 4 yards even with a skeptic O line.

Reaction score
The Vikings announcers pointed out something we really did not see in Rodgers in the last couple years. Instead of spotting the open receiver after his first look he is " watching the rush ". What this means is he is shell shot. 37 sacks and you are on nightwatch to see who will break into the house. He has lost faith in his protection fearful of whom will side swipe him at any second.
I never saw this last season. But after he was stripped of the ball in that Giant playoff game suddenly he is a deer looking into the headlights.
Ahhhhh, that would be "shell shocked" and coming from the Paul Allen's of the world I don't put much merit in it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, that would be "shell shocked" and coming from the Paul Allen's of the world I don't put much merit in it.
I'm not a Viking supporter but Paul Allen has always told it like it is. He never held back his admiration and respect for Favre when he was with us. And he certainly knows the difference from the guy who torched the Vikings 4 games in a row from the one who faced them on Dec. 2.

12theTruth

An ugly win today but Mike McCarthy is now 32 wins against 9 losses in his games against the NFC North. Congrats MM! Now brush up your late game, up by 10 point play calling will ya!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After that horrible "punt trick play" I had a very awkward grin on my face. That might be the worst call of any coach during the entire year.

Yes, that is what I said. Actually, worst in all time went through my mind. None worse than this. And did you see the look on MM's face - like a kid that just took his dad's new car for a spin around the block and totaled it.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well nobody's perfect, 3 div champs, 2 NFC title games, I Superbowl win. Not to mention what he has done with a team who is beat to hell Don't know why this is even a discussion.

12theTruth

and allowing Mason Crosby to still be on the team

Its only by sheer arrogance that McCarthy emphatically announces that "Mason Crosby is HIS kicker and you can write that down".

Loyalty is great at times throughout life and I am sure that Mason is a good person, BUT, sometimes abysmal performance requires uncomfortable and undesirable actions.

Mike McCarthy better had HOPE that Crosby doesn't cost the Pack a game going forward. Just like his approval of the special teams lateral, sheer arrogance to call that play in that situation. Cmon Mike!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its only by sheer arrogance that McCarthy emphatically announces that "Mason Crosby is HIS kicker and you can write that down".

Loyalty is great at times throughout life and I am sure that Mason is a good person, BUT, sometimes abysmal performance requires uncomfortable and undesirable actions.

Mike McCarthy better had HOPE that Crosby doesn't cost the Pack a game going forward. Just like his approval of the special teams lateral, sheer arrogance to call that play in that situation. Cmon Mike!

Did McCarthy say that today??

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I know that was a F-Bomb laced play but did MM call it or special teams coach, we may not know but MM will certainly MAN up to it......

Members online

Latest posts