Mike McCarthy

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a local but I am interested to hear if MM has said anything about getting involved in the community. I'm sure he will. It seems like all head coaches get involved in certain charities. The coaches wives are usually a driving force in these things. I know he is divorced, so I was wondering if that will make it more difficult. Maybe his daughter :eek:mg: will step in(just kidding).
Does his daughter live with him?

One of the things I love about the Packers is the community aspect of the team. I'm not picking on MM, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from him. He has probably been too busy hiring coaches and other startup stuff to get into that yet, but I'm sure he will.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he's adopted a 1 mile stretch of HWY to keep clean...no he's selling candy Bars with a McDonalds coupon on it in order to raise money for the left handed, blue eyed, tongue curler, snowmobile club. I could be wrong though.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say - give MM a chance to get settled in with his Staff - and start looking at the wire for FA - somewhere along the line, I have no doubt that the Packers will expect MM to get involved with the local Community and all of Wisconsin, for that matter, as we get full-blown into the Off season.

Heck, give the guy a chance..... I have yet to see a Packers Head Coach avoid being involved in his Community - How about you?

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man are you guys defensive for this guy. Reread my post....I was just asking because I am not from around there. Damn.......your sensitivity to the inquiry tells me that you guys are really not very confident in the man. I was just looking for some inside info on the man's personal life. Sorry to get your ******* in a bunch on this fine Friday afternoon!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Man are you guys defensive for this guy. Reread my post....I was just asking because I am not from around there. Damn.......your sensitivity to the inquiry tells me that you guys are really not very confident in the man. I was just looking for some inside info on the man's personal life. Sorry to get your ******* in a bunch on this fine Friday afternoon!!!

I know you're not aiming this comment at me - relax, it's Beer Friday!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DePack said:

How do you know that? Reread my original and then read yours. It was actually meant for a couple of you.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
It was actually meant for a couple of you.

???????

I think you can tell by the answers. I don't know if they thought I was trying to make MM look bad or what. I like the hiring. I am involved in alot of charities around here and am always impressed with what the Packers coaches do for the community. That's all....but now I'm kind of sorry I asked.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DePack said:

I hope it's not at me either - I just commented on this thread because I thought it was funny the way someone used Gakk's comment. It sounds like he said McCarthy just arrived in Norway! TGIF - get out the beer goggles and have a good time!!!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jan Stenerud was norwegian, the only HOF Kicker, and the only HOF Norwegian, he rocked and he revolutionized the kicking!!!!

The famous Notre Dame coach who invented the forward pass, Knut Rockne, was norwegian as well!!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
NDPackerFan said:
TOPackerFan said:
I should hope he's not in Norway right now. He needs to be interviewing guys for his staff.

Maybe he's in Norway looking to find a defensive coordinator...maybe not.

Wasn't Jan Stenerud Norwegian?
Hammer

You're not suggesting Jan Stenerud as our next DC are you?? Just want to clairfy that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

DePack your post was legit... and it is a good question. The Packers as you all know are a community and the head coach best be ready to contribute and be part of that community.

DePack... I think, I may be wrong, I often am, but I think the above posts were sort of making fun of Gakko's original reply to you post.

Gakko, besides being from Norway (Which is fine with me.) types some of the funniest, and sort of off the wall responses. He or She (Do not know if the name Gakko is male or female) is one of my favorite laughs on the Packer forum and I love him.

I just have not yet figured out if I am laughing with him, or at him.

I just figure anyone from Norway should be a Viking Fan. It makes sense.

In the years of our lord 800 to 1050 A.D (That is After The Death of Jesus Gakko.) the Nordic peoples made their dramatic entry into the European arena. They stormed forth, terrorizing well established societies which were accustomed to war, but not to the startling tactics of the Vikings from what would be present day Norway.

Your post was a good post DePack and a question that I too would be pondering, however... I may not have brought up the divorced thing becuase I can not figure out how being divorced would limit someone from contributing to the community.....

No wait a minute. He is available... Perhaps we could build the fan base of widows within Green Bay.. There you go... an fund raising auction for a date with our new head coach.

Sounds good to me.

RP

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the norwegian humor that's sprung up on this issue.....

The original posting had a fence-sitter quality to it - that's why everyone stepped up to defend MM. Now that the original poster has come out of the shadows... there's not much left to say....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts