Mike McCarthy will call packers offensive plays.

Do you think McCarthy should be calling our offensive plays?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers.com reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said he will call offensive plays during the games for the 2006 season.

Does anybody agree, disagree that this is a good idea?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an ex offensive coordinator and Jagz was brought in mostly for his o-line work, so i don't see why not.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I agree with this move. Reason: he's an experience OC, Jags isn't. I think after this year and maybe most of year two he should call the plays and then turn it over to jags.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody remember that great offensive coordinator Sherm Lewis? What exactly did he do besides watch Holmgren calling plays.

McCarthy calling plays should not be a problem. If Jags gets that O-line on the same page and the running game going, I for one will be extremely happy.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, McCarthy has a little more experience than Jags and obviously has a vision for what he wants to see on offense.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a Chris Havel' Commentary column in Green Bay Press-Gazette on April 2, 2006 entitled "McCarthy putting his stamp on the Packers." Chris Havel said McCarthy will call the plays
& Mc Carthy will call the plays from the sidelines .

Mc Carthy said the Quarterback -play caller relationship is vital. McCarthy went on to explain how his system between the Quarterback and himself works.

The article explained McCarthy's system, but I am getting Chris Havel commentary articles from my copies of the the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Chris Havel commentary is in premium part of packersnewsforum which means you have to pay for those articles if you wish to see them on your computor.

I guess, I assumed just about all Packer fans knew McCarthy was going to call the plays, since it was announced quite a while back, I guess some of us slipped up on putting this fact out on the PF.

I have been considering putting a story on Mike McCarthy in PWT 36 commentary on PFnews . As well as, commentaries on Ted Thompson , Brett Favre, Robert Harlan and others in Packer organization.

I posted a series of commentaries on history of Green Bay Packers from 1919 to 1923 a while back on PF news. I said, in my first commentary that I would not just post about history of the Packers, that I would also post commentaries about things now going on with the Green Bay Packers.

A PWT36 commentary on new Packer head Coach will be first one about present Green Bay Packer topics.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line is the guy in the booth is removed to a degree from the action, emotions, and momentum of the game. I never liked it when someone other than those on the field are calling plays.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.....i agree. He should have control, and see how it works. I think Favre will have plenty of input on what plays are called too.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like it as well. like somebody else said - it sure worked out well for holmgren!! just wondering though - on the defensive side of the ball - do those players ever get "jealous" or feel "left out" when the head coach puts his all into the offense? or am i just a girl & reading too much into the emotional side of it?!? :shrug:

Members online

Latest posts