Mike McCarthy Show - facts galore - Watch the video

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch the Mike McCarthy show on packers.com instead of speculating. facts are good for the brains!

-McCarthy not concerned "at all" about only 4 WRs

-He said all 4 have been with the team since Day 1, and also 2 guys on the practice squad.

-"we feel very confident with our receiver group."

(With that said, I still want, and wouldn't be surprised if we got another WR.)

-Charles Woodson and Jennings and Ferguson will be our PR he said(but he could be bluffing).

-Ahman to get a lot of touches vs. Bears. They won't be super duper careful with him. They're playing to win.

-And then McCarthy said something that made me stand up....When asked about the young players and playcalling. He said youth doesnt affect the playcalling, but the plays you put IN, and that he won't ask players to do things they can't do or aren't ready to do. This....is something Sherman did a lot. I'm not bashing Sherman, but he had ...faith in people for no apparent reason. He had faith in our crappy o-line last year and ran a LOT of empty backfield sets, and Favre paid for it dearly. I love this news.

HENDERSON IS THE GUEST THIS WEEK

-Henderson is (obviously) back at practice and getting ready for Chicago.

-2005 is "at least" one more year with favre\Gb.

-henderson feels his skills are still strong.

-and oh my god, if you watch this video, McCarthy takes "The Triangle Offense" to a whole new level. lol! he breaks down the one jennings play vs Titans.

-During the segment where fans ask questions, a little kid asks if he will go after Charles Rodgers or Branch, and McCarthy smiles a BIG grin, and says "I can't show my cards right now." He says him and TT talk about EVERY option out there, and ends up saying about rodgers\branch, "I wouldn't hold my breath."

This was an exciting Hype video, and DAMNIT I CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's he going to say?

"Yeah, TT really screwed me by only signing 4 wide receivers and a rookie offensive line?

That sounds like a coach who is trying to put the best spin on a bad situation. I like the way it sounds too.

But come on. You have to be able to distinguish fantasy from reality!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i gotta agree with tom on this one, trommy.

MM's gotta say he's ok with 4 receivers - if HE'S not, who the f is???

sorry.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or maybe you missed the part where he said they discuss every option available. TT doesnt do his OWN thing, and then let MM make do with it. They work together... wow. You guys...wow. I expect better from you, 4packgirl. Tom..we know hes....(bites tongue)

thats one area where uneducated fans upset me, especially in chicago right now. Everyone wants Cubs GM Hendry fired, when in reality, he is only doing what Dusty Baker wanted. He brought in players DUSTY wanted, he got rid of players DUSTY wanted to go. As a GM, you have a coach, your faith is in the coach, you have to do your best to give the coach what he wants. In Chicago, for the cubs...that didnt work out.

Hopefully the TT\MM marriage works out better in Green Bay.

Cmon people...wtf

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
tromadz said:
you do know the coach\GM work together, right?

Not last year!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

exactly, that relationship was not good, so TT brought in someone else, and they communicate well with eachother.

Now maybe they're both idiots and wont do jack for 2-3 years with the franchise, but at least they're communicating and on the same page, unlike TT\Sherm. Thats the first step.

with that said, I like almost everything MM has done.

with THAT said, none of that matters unless we get wins on sundays.

im gonna let this thread develop now...cuz you guys are upsetting me. Check your ***, 4packgirl! ROAR!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe you didn't understand what i was saying. what i meant was the following: would the head coach of the packers get up & say 'i really wish my gm had gotten me another WR'??? of course not!! he's got to say he's ok with it. that's what it means to "work together", right? or maybe now I'M confused...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think MM would say that cuz he...doesnt believe it. After watching the interview, which is obvious neither of you guys have, I got the idea that it was MCCARTHYS call, not TTs, which kinda shocked me.

k, tromadz done(serious this time, I only came in to see 4packgirls sig)

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and did you just call me an "uneducated fan"??? attacks like that will get you the whip on the dingdong tonite!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really think TT gives one little tiny, miniature piece of crap about what MM wants, I've got some land in Jersey I wanna sell you.

TT tells MM to bend over and MM says how far. You better believe this.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch the video on packers.com

I get your point, that the coach(of any team) wouldnt throw his GM under the bus, and say "Stupid moron forgot to get me receievers!"

you are forgetting....we had WRs...and we CUT them! They did it...for a reason!

Do WE(the fans) know the reason? Not really, but im sure they do. They are paid professionals with a gameplan for a game in less than 4 days. I dont think McCarthy went to his office this morning, looked at the depth chart, and said "****! We only have 4 Receivers?!"

We have 2 WRs on the practice squad
We have 4(FOUR!) TEs

Ill leave you with this ...

On the play jennings made in the preseason where he went 88 yards and was pushed out of bounds at the 3 yards line(before ahman ran the TD), did you know that a TIGHT END was at the WR spot on that play?

If you watched the video, you'd know that, and why. McCarthy has his things set up for a reason, and its a classic example of they are paid pros, and we arent, so we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

TT and Sherman didnt play well together. Thats obvious. I believe from what we've seen\heard since McCarthy was hired, they have the same goal, and are on the same page with eachother, and I dont think TT makes moves without McCarthy knowing. That would be insane.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To paraphrase an old Bill Parcells quote.....TT picks the ingredients and tells MM to bake the cake. It's that simple. If the cake comes out bad guess who gos first.....see ya MM.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
To paraphrase an old Bill Parcells quote.....TT picks the ingredients and tells MM to bake the cake. It's that simple. If the cake comes out bad guess who gos first.....see ya MM.

Isn't America wonderful! I'm sure those fired coaches still get to cash their paychecks, right?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
What's he going to say?

"Yeah, TT really screwed me by only signing 4 wide receivers and a rookie offensive line?

That sounds like a coach who is trying to put the best spin on a bad situation. I like the way it sounds too.

But come on. You have to be able to distinguish fantasy from reality!

I really don't like seeing that whole "what's he suppose to say" line all the time. Anytime something positive is said it just has to be spin because fans don't agree.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
If you really think TT gives one little tiny, miniature piece of crap about what MM wants, I've got some land in Jersey I wanna sell you.

TT tells MM to bend over and MM says how far. You better believe this.

Something tells me that you really do have land in jersey that you are desperately trying to rid yourself of.....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah....just Delaware, Florida and Maryland but not Jersey. Sorry that's just the way the NFL works. The GM is watching after his own ****. He doesn't care who the headcoach wants to draft or sign. It's his job.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Nah....just Delaware, Florida and Maryland but not Jersey. Sorry that's just the way the NFL works. The GM is watching after his own ****. He doesn't care who the headcoach wants to draft or sign. It's his job.

I don't understand. The GM is watching his own **** by not listening to the coach that HE hired? He is watching his own **** by giving the coach the players that he wants even if the HC doesn't agree? Of course the GM has final say, but to tell me that he doesn't care about the HC that HE hired opinion then I have to say I disagree.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

unbefreakinlievable why cant anything.... just one ******** thing be positive in this freakin forum... why. freakin negative nancies.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its TT vs. MM now. lol. depack...you cant be serious. ill allow a re-do here.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon newbies. You haven't lived long enough to figure it out. Nicnock...it's not negative....it's the way of the world. Trom.....you've WATCHED enough football to know. The personel is 100% TT's call. It's not TT vs MM....I never said that. You're obviously trying to start something.

MM is only here to serve at TT's whim. The same can be said of every headcoach. If MM doesn't want the guys TT is bringing in tough ****. Deal with it or move on.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wrong wrong wrong.... TT is on the hotseat just like anyone else. if TT and MM dont get along they suck and they both get fired. They work together bring the players they both think are necessary. TT might have the last say but im sure if MM wanted or didnt want something bad enough he would get his way.

First there was TT the conspirator.

and coming soon....

TT the dictator.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that from day 1 MM said this will be a running team, has installed zone blocking for running, and kept 4 TE's for blocking as the extra fullback. No wonder we only have 4 wr's. The typical formation all preseason was Driver in the slot off the line and a TE on the line. As the QB goes through his cadence, the slot receiver goes to the line and the TE gets off the line and in motion as the extra blocker set up for the run. What surprises me the most is that with extra dough, we should have picked up at least one decent FA guard this year. The Bengals were the last team to start the season with 2 rookie guards. They finished 8-8 that year but......the scary part...............started out 1-6.

Members online

Latest posts