Mike McCarthy Opinion Poll

What is your Opinion of MM

• Total voters

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS IS NOT A FIRE MM OP/POLL, IT'S A SIMPLE POLL OF THE BOARDS OPINIONS!

For 1.5 years now there has been increasing frustration of how Mike coaches, and calls plays, and now with the media floating the Hot Seat, my question is, what is your opinion of him?

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think that this team is reeling from the departure of Joe Philbin, and hasn't found anyone to be that glue that holds the team together as well as he did.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I still think that this team is reeling from the departure of Joe Philbin, and hasn't found anyone to be that glue that holds the team together as well as he did.

Wasn't Philbin at Lambeau yesterday as the Colts offensive line and assistant head coach?

Unless the Packers have a lights out second half of the season and do something meaningful in the playoffs, I can't see how there isn't a shake-up in the off season. This could range from a top down cleaning of the house or more likely a new offensive play caller and a few positional coach changes.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy for sure deserves some blame for the offense struggling since week 4 of last season. As I've mentioned before if the unit doesn't significantly improve over the course of this season it might be time to move on from him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Wasn't Philbin at Lambeau yesterday as the Colts offensive line and assistant head coach?

Unless the Packers have a lights out second half of the season and do something meaningful in the playoffs, I can't see how there isn't a shake-up in the off season. This could range from a top down cleaning of the house or more likely a new offensive play caller and a few positional coach changes.

Genuine question here, who get rid of the man at the top ? Can the shareholders get rid of him ?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Genuine question here, who get rid of the man at the top ? Can the shareholders get rid of him ?

I believe firing TT, if this is who you are referring to as "the man at the top", would come from the seven-member executive committee. The 7 members are: Mark J. McMullen, Treasurer; Daniel T. Ariens, Secretary; Mark H. Murphy, President; Thomas M. Olejniczak, Member; John F. Bergstrom, Member; Susan M. Finco, Member; and Thomas L. Olson, Vice President and Lead Director.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm......
You might be on to something there......
Remember when his kid died right before the playoffs and when the Packers were on a hot streak?
They just did not look the same in that game they lost as they did in other games before.
And for some of them, or maybe it was just Rodgers, it was the first funeral they had ever been to.
Yeah, that messed with them and your right they haven't been the same since.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe firing TT, if this is who you are referring to as "the man at the top", would come from the seven-member executive committee. The 7 members are: Mark J. McMullen, Treasurer; Daniel T. Ariens, Secretary; Mark H. Murphy, President; Thomas M. Olejniczak, Member; John F. Bergstrom, Member; Susan M. Finco, Member; and Thomas L. Olson, Vice President and Lead Director.

I don't think Murphy needs the approval of the executive committee to fire Thompson.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think Murphy needs the approval of the executive committee to fire Thompson.

That could be the case. I was basing that off of the job description for the committee.

"The committee directs corporate management, approves major capital expenditures, establishes broad policy and monitors management’s performance in conducting the business and affairs of the corporation."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The shareholders, IMO, should get more than just a piece of paper and an annual visit to Lambeau just for some kind of meeting for more than $250 or whatever it is they spent.

Do they even get to meet any of the players at that meeting? Or just the top brass?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does St. Vince show up and lead them all in prayer before each meeting?

D

Deleted member 6794

The shareholders, IMO, should get more than just a piece of paper and an annual visit to Lambeau just for some kind of meeting for more than $250 or whatever it is they spent.

Do they even get to meet any of the players at that meeting? Or just the top brass?

I don't think the shareholders should be given more say in how to run the team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. While we could both be wrong, I would assume that Murphy has the power to hire and fire the GM. He does of course have to answer to the board that could decide to replace him as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I believe Murphy may have the ability to fire TT, I don't think he just wakes up one day and says "enough of TT, he is gone!" and fires him. The executive committee may seem like an ad hoc bunch of people, but I'm guessing Murphy tries to stay on the same page as the majority of them.

Chain of command:

McCarthy reports to Thompson, who reports to Mark Murphy. And Murphy is overseen by the board of directors for the publicly held club.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the shareholders should be given more say in how to run the team.
Oh I know. If any of us did, we would be working for one somewhere instead of being armchair football executives.

I just think they could at least take a survey or an opinion poll if they don't already.

If the Packers and the fans who paid for the paper are going to call them "owners" then they should be granted some rights or some type of say that fits that label.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm undecided about MM at this stage. I think he has proven to be a pretty decent coach in many aspects of the game but I would prefer seeing play calling in the hands of someone else. Also, the unknown, if there truly is an unmendable rift between MM and AR, then MM has to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh I know. If any of us did, we would be working for one somewhere instead of being armchair football executives.

I just think they could at least take a survey or an opinion poll if they don't already.

If the Packers and the fans who paid for the paper are going to call them "owners" then they should be granted some rights or some type of say that fits that label.

There's absolutely no way more than 300,000 people should be allowed to vote on decisions by the team, especially as most of the shareholders don't have sufficient information to make a fair evaluation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sorry.....but if fans/shareholders ran/made decisions for the Packers, Cleveland would finally get a team they could beat up on!

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he has proven to be a pretty decent coach in many aspects of the game but I would prefer seeing play calling in the hands of someone else.

I'm not convinced McCarthy needs to give up calling the plays again. The team is in need of a different offensive coordinator though.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way more than 300,000 people should be allowed to vote on decisions by the team, especially as most of the shareholders don't have sufficient information to make a fair evaluation.
You still don't understand my idea....

They could just take a survey to just get opinions on things and the outcome would not have a direct influence of any changes.

Members online

Latest posts