1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike McCarthy Column

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Oct 21, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Very interesting read. The more I read about Mike McCarthy and his process of getting ready, the more I like him as a coach. I really think he will find his niche in time.

I also love getting more insight into the how much time, effort, and planning it takes to be ready for Sunday on the coaches part.

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good article all about da packers,

I think MM is a hard working guy in a pretty tough situation. I also feel he will find his niche or niche areas and develop into a positive leader for this team.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if he can get some more players(replacements for manuel,carroll,etc) and fix a couple coaching mistakes(shotty,washington) i think he has a chance to be a real solid coach.

I found it funny people said he had no passion on the sidelines, but the last 2 games he was very animated.

just give the guy some time, and cut him some slack. its a rebuilding process, its not like the dude isnt trying.

I like everything about the guy, except his win\loss record(which should even out SOON i hope! GO PACKERS!)

4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice read, thanks aadp. Some fascinating insight on what they really spend all that time on when "gameplanning." Although I certainly doubt this is unique to McCarthy :lol:

I can see this going through their heads:
    McCarthy: Ok, so we have to watch for Taylor on the pass rush

Saban: He's gonna be expecting Taylor on the pass rush...

McCarthy: Ok, so I know he knows I'm expecting Taylor on the pass rush so...

Saban: Ok, so I know he knows I know he is watching for Taylor on the pass rush

McCarthy: So, I know he knows that I know that he knows...

Just a matter sometimes of who guesses right - and last...

5. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, MM doesn't really have to analyze this game up and down. The only thing that matters is that the Phins are starting Joey Teabag.

Packers by 35 :lol:

6. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think a coach has to be animated on the sideline to show passion anyway. Andy Reid and BB show almost NO passion whatsoever yet are great coaches. Although, you are right MM did show some passion and fustration the last couple of games.

7. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

8. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand what you see in Joey. He's not very good. Just admit it man!!!(TIC)

9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think McCarthy will be a good head coach in time, however I don't know if that time will be with Green Bay.
    He has only a 3 year contract and I believe we are many players away from being a really good football team and I believe that building a team solely through the draft without signing key free agents is a 5 to 10 year process.
    If during that 5-10 year drafting period you let your own key players go because they cost too much money you set the team back even further.
    The whole thing is a tricky business, a large balancing act if you will.

I sincerely hope McCarthy finds success in Green Bay that would mean that all of us Packer Fans will be happy again, but the clock is ticking.