Mike Holmgren

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
DePack said:
You mean like saying that "it was TT that drafted Sean Alexander, not Mike Holmgren". Wrong....we've beaten that around already, Holmgren was the GM at Seattle when Alexander was picked. Don't believe half the propoganda you read on Packers.com.

forgive me but I guess I missed this thread?

But my opinion is this...Mike was GM and had final say in it all..TT was in charge of scouting in Seattle...Do you think TT did not give Mike valuable input on whom to draft??

Didn't say he didn't have input, but as we all know Holmgren is a control freak. Especially the first couple years out there. It's no big deal. Packers.com is run by the team. They were trying to make their GM look good after a 4-12 season. And no...I'm not blaming the 4-12 season on TT.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DePack said:
Didn't say he didn't have input, but as we all know Holmgren is a control freak. Especially the first couple years out there. It's no big deal. Packers.com is run by the team. They were trying to make their GM look good after a 4-12 season. And no...I'm not blaming the 4-12 season on TT.

I have debated this on other sites, and I have found that not only Packers.com listed TT as the one that drafted him, but many other sites as well...

Then there are sites that credit Mike with it all..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Alexander was drafted irst round, 19th overall, 2000

Holmgren originally joined the Seahawks as Executive Vice President/General Manager and Head Coach on January 9, 1999. Following the 2002 season, Holmgren decided to focus exclusively on coaching and relinquished his duties as general manger.
Source
http://www.seahawks.com/coaches.aspx?SecID=43&CoachID=1

Thompson spent the 2000-04 campaigns as vice president of football operations for the Seattle Seahawks
Source
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/thompson_ted/

Members online

Latest posts