Mike Holmgren will be in Green Bay

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren will be on hand on July 23rd @ the Lambeau Atrium when RB Edgar Bennett and QB Don Majkowski are inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame.

Isn't that interesting?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<Conspiracy theory>

They must be offering him the HC job behind closed doors in a secret meeting

</Conspiracy theory>

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Hall Of Fame Induction Presenters Announced

The Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame announced that former Packers head coach Mike Holmgren, current head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, will present Edgar Bennett for induction at the 2005 Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet, to be held the evening of July 23 in the Lambeau Field Atrium.

Tom Andrews, president of Andrews Media Ventures and formerly a Wisconsin radio and television reporter who has covered and written about the Packers since the mid-1970s, will present Don Majkowski.

Holmgren coached the Packers from 1992 through the 1998 season, the stretch including a Super Bowl Championship following the 1996 campaign. Overall, he finished his Packers career with a record of 84-42, the victory total ranking third all-time in franchise history. Including six years with the Seahawks, his overall NFL coaching record stands at 134-91, placing him in the league's top 20 all-time in terms of wins.

In presenting Bennett, Holmgren will be honoring one of his most versatile players featured in the Packers' offense during his tenure, as the former Florida State star often was called upon to pave the way as a fullback, carry the ball as a halfback and catch the ball as a receiver out of the backfield. Bennett's 78 catches in 1994 remain the team's record for most receptions by a running back in a single season.

Andrews' coverage of the Packers dates back to 1974 when he worked as a reporter for Milwaukee radio stations WZUU and WOKY and later as news director of WYNE in Appleton. Recently, he began serving as a contributing writer to the Packer Report (1999) and the Green Bay Packers Yearbook (2000). In his current role as a media consultant, he represents Majkowski and is assisting with the former quarterback's budding career as a broadcast and print NFL analyst.

In addition to Bennett and Majkowski's inductions, the Hall of Fame will formally induct this year's FAN honoree, Dorothy Hanke.
Individual tickets for the banquet, which begins with cocktails at 4:30 p.m., with dinner and program to follow at 7 p.m., are $110 each. Tables of 10 are available at $1,000. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so early reservations are recommended. To purchase tickets, call Gwen Borga at (920) 965-6984, or e-mail her at [email protected].

The Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc., is a non-profit corporation independent of the Green Bay Packers that guides the Hall as a historic national sports venue and educational resource to the Green Bay community and the state of Wisconsin. The Hall raises funds through its annual induction banquet, golf outing and other events to develop new exhibits and expand its archives. Historic memorabilia donated by individuals to the Hall may qualify as tax-deductible gifts.

Originally established in 1967 as a temporary display in the concourse of the Brown County Veterans Memorial Arena, the Hall moved into its own facility in 1976 near Lambeau Field. In 2003, it was relocated to a spectacular new, 25,000-square foot facility in the Lambeau Field Atrium. The Hall of Fame is open on non-game days from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours may vary on game days and holidays. For more information, contact the Hall of Fame at (920) 569-7512.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
<Conspiracy theory>

</Conspiracy theory>

case closed!

in light of the newly presented evidence this just about wraps it up for me. Holmgren in 2006!!...now onto more important things, like figuring out how to remove this microchip the CIA implanted into my brain.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Ryan said:
<Conspiracy theory>

</Conspiracy theory>

case closed!

in light of the newly presented evidence this just about wraps it up for me. Holmgren in 2006!!...now onto more important things, like figuring out how to remove this microchip the CIA implanted into my brain.

LOL, nice. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Ryan said:
<Conspiracy theory>

</Conspiracy theory>

case closed!

If you don't like the facts and have no answers sarcasm is the next best thing. :moon:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't like the facts and have no answers sarcasm is the next best thing. :moon:

Verify the article or media that you found TT claiming Holmgren as the next coach if you want to talk facts. If you can't, it's all just false speculation/opinion on your part.

I personally have no beef with Holmgren because I thought he did an excellent job as HC of the GB Packers. I just don't think it's an accurate report that you're giving everyone here.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I personally have no beef with Holmgren because I thought he did an excellent job as HC of the GB Packers. I just don't think it's an accurate report that you're giving everyone here.

I wish I had more time to search the web to prove everything I post to you Sherman brown-nosers but unfortunately I don't.

You would have never believed Holmgren was attending the Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet if I didn't find the accompanying article.

If I run across the other article I'll post it.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

Steel...be serious.

Holmgren is coming down to introduce Bennett into the Packer hall of fame. he was his coach for God's sake. thats not abnormal in the slightest. it seems like you're trying really hard to see a sign of things to come that simply isn't there....hence, the sarcasm.

and pull your pants up dammit :doh: .

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MH

Ryan said:
<Conspiracy theory>

</Conspiracy theory>

My guess is that Holmgren will sign a contract extension and stay in Seattle.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Steel Wheels said:

Steel...be serious.

Holmgren is coming down to introduce Bennett into the Packer hall of fame. he was his coach for God's sake. thats not abnormal in the slightest. it seems like you're trying really hard to see a sign of things to come that simply isn't there....hence, the sarcasm.

and pull your pants up dammit :doh: .

The point I was actually trying to make was that Packer fans in general adore Mike Holmgren. Many people on this forum are saying Holmgren is hated in Green Bay that's why he won't be invited back to be the next HC.

If Holmgren is hated in Green Bay he wouldn't be invited to the Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet.

If Ted Thompson offers Holmgren the HC job in 2006 and Holmgren accepts, he will be the next Packer HC regardless of what the fans may think.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New coach will be Lombardi, he was one of the 4400 abducted by aliens and is back and hasn't aged a day. Bad news is they also returned Nixon.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very funny paxvogel. Almost as funny as this story. My sister-in-law's friend told us one day about 5 years ago that her son was going to Green Bay, and he was going to see Lombardi. Maybe he is one of the 4400 abducted by aliens. The sad part of the story is this woman was dead serious. :eek: :lol: :wink:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Ryan said:
<Conspiracy theory>

</Conspiracy theory>

case closed!

Now you are flaming the site administrator... Brilliant Chase. Keep it up!

Add delusional to the many faults you have been noted for on the forum.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
NDPackerFan said:

I wish I had more time to search the web to prove everything I post to you Sherman brown-nosers but unfortunately I don't.

You would have never believed Holmgren was attending the Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet if I didn't find the accompanying article.

If I run across the other article I'll post it.

Yeah, nobody would have known about Holmgren and his attendance at Edgar Bennett's HOF induction. You are the only one that can find such behind-the-scenes information! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read from a reliable source (somewhere on the web, I cannot remember where) that Ted is working on bringing Vince Lombardi back as HC, Mike Holmgren as OC and Curly Lambeau as DC.

Reliable sources go on to say that Barnett will be moved to WLB as Ray Nitschke returns to play MLB. Reggie White, making another miracle comeback, will push Kampman to the bench.

If these reliable sources are right, Willie Wood returns to add stability to the Safety position, and Herb Adderley will edge both Carroll and Thomas out for the starting CB position.

Adding the a-la-mode to this pie (in-the-sky) of blockbuster moves will be the trade of Javon Walker, as his services are no longer deemed necessary when Don Hutson comes out of retirement.

Bart Starr is forecasted to attempt a comeback, but some predict that Craig Nall will once again beat back the competition and force the Packers to try and slide Bart on to the developmental squad -- which works for the first half of the season, until Mike Tice starts complaining that he thinks that #15 guy may have used up his eligibility.

I really wish I could remember where I found this "sure thing" reliable source somewhere on the web... but trust me, it was the same place that Steel(Chase)Wheels found his.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
New coach will be Lombardi, he was one of the 4400 abducted by aliens and is back and hasn't aged a day. Bad news is they also returned Nixon.

ROFLMAO --- Outstanding...... Best comment on the entire thread!
(Psst - Nixon signed the Vietnam Peace Treaty and brought our boys home - LBJ did not - let's give the man a little credit)

Also, BRUCE has a great ad lib to add to that..... Nice, Bruce, very nice!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgren had many things in Green Bay that he has not had since.
Fritz Shurmur
Ron Wolf
Brett Favre
Reggie White
Leroy Butler

Even though he took a lot of people with him and left the Packrs in a way I did not like he has not burned his bridges completely and will be well received.

Without the teammates above he has shown to be human. Ted Thompson has worked with him many more years than Coach Sherman.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelwheels- The great majority of Packer fans neither hate nor adore Mike Holmgren. We appreciate the things he did for the Green Bay Packers. I continue to be amazed at your postings. This is the third time you floated your theory about Holmgren coming back to Green Bay. I tried, as well as other Packer fans have tried to tell you that this is isn't going to happen. I respect your opinion,but I reserve the right to disagree with them. Majority of Green Bay Packers fans in Green are happy that he is the Head coach in Seattle and wish him well there. Mike is welcome to come back to Green Bay and present Edger Bennett for his introduction to the Packer Hall of Fame. After all, he was Edger's Head coach here at Green Bay. What person is better suited to introduce him. The Packer Hall of Fame is a private organization and is not controlled by the Packers. Packer Hall of Fame can invite anybody they want to their induction festivities. As California Cheez posted:" Even though he took a lot of people with him and left the Packrs in a way I did not like he has not burned his bridges completely and will be well received". ------This is PWT36 again: Mike, just as any other former Packer Coach or former Player would be treat with respect and dignity by the Packer organization and Packer fans in Green Bay. But that doesn't mean he would be welcome back as Packer Coach in '06!! I doubt if Mike would accept if it were offered, which it will not be!!! I would think he would want the dual role of Head Coach/General manager at any franchise that would hire him. That is why Mike left Green Bay in the first place for Seattle. He was not happy when GM position was taken away from him by the Seattle owner. Although the new General Manager did not have any control over Mike Holmgren. That doomed the new GM from the beginning and any other GM who follow under the same conditions, as long as Mike Holmgren is at Seattle. With Mike, it is all about Control!! If Mike Holmgren would agree to work under his former Assistant at Seattle Packer GM Ted Thompson as head coach at Green Bay. That would be recipe for disaster from the outset!!!!!!!!!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is Homegrown will take the job from the first team that offers him both coach and GM duties. :lol:

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A brown-noser is someone who is trying to gain favor...

by impressing someone. Sherman doesn't know any of us.
So brown nosing isn't the case.

We just happen like to like a winning coach, like Mike Sherman.

By the way...take a look at your hero's record since he went to Seattle...and by the way...what year did he win the Super Bowl?

Mike Holmgren isn't coming back. If you can't get over it...try hoping for the return of Vince Lombardi. At least your fantasy would be with a coach who left Green Bay in good standing.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net,

i don't know if Holmgren's coming back...but let's face it...the Packer organization screwed him by not giving him the GM/HC title after he won the SB..and then turned around and gave it to one of his underlings...an unproven, inexperienced tight end's coach--Mike Sherman, who's made a grand debacle of things in GB.

i don't believe one person can handle the dual role of GM/HC in the NFL....but even you have to admit that Holmgren is a WAY better coach than MS...either that, or your just plain nuts...

ps. i don't think Holgren would want to come back to Green Bay in light of this fact...or perhaps..he WOULD come back if asked...take the Packers back to the SB in 06' and 07'..thereby rubbing Sherman's nose in it...AND letting Favre retire with 3 rings...1 more than Elway...hmmmm..

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66

I am NOT sure that Holmgren is ANY better coach than MS. Look at MS record with the Pack when he was just the HC... Look at the enthusiasm and the toughness he brought to the Packers who had lost that edge under his predecessor.

His problems were as a GM, NOT as HC.

Holmgren I think is a GREAT coach and may be a better coach than MS. BUT, a HUGE part of a HC's success is how well he is received by the payers, the fans, and the organization.

I doubt that Hlmgren is the RIGHT fit at this time or in the NEAR future for the GB Packers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts