Mike Holmgren on Favre, Packers

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things: 1) Mike is right, Brett is doing a magnificent job directing things. He has stopped trying to make the great play and is making the right play more often than not. 2) If Green Bay is so special I wonder why he didn't have his team prepared when we played Denver in the SuperBowl. It sure looked to me like he was in a hurry to get out of Green Bay. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like "Chumley". (For those that don't get the comparison, Chumley was cartoon sidekick of "Tenessee Tuxedo". He just reminds me SO much of Holmgren!)
But he's the "enemy" this week, and you can BET he's talking to his guys how much he wants to come back here and defeat us.
Hopefully, we can send him away dissatisfied again!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I still like "Chumley". (For those that don't get the comparison, Chumley was cartoon sidekick of "Tenessee Tuxedo". He just reminds me SO much of Holmgren!)
But he's the "enemy" this week, and you can BET he's talking to his guys how much he wants to come back here and defeat us.
Hopefully, we can send him away dissatisfied again!

Yeah, I have a tape of the Packer Marathon NFL Network has every year... one of the specials was the '96 season and leading up to the Super Bowl. They showed the locker room footage after they won the Divisional playoffs, knowing they were going to San Fran, Holmgren said something like "Now you knooooow, we're going back to MY home town, and just because we're going back their DOESN'T MEAN I'M GOING TO GET EXCITED! YOU HEAR ME!? *extreme excitement and sarcasm*" The guys then started cheering and the locker room went nuts.

Yeah, Holmgren knows how to get his teams pumped up, that's for sure.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
2) If Green Bay is so special I wonder why he didn't have his team prepared when we played Denver in the SuperBowl. It sure looked to me like he was in a hurry to get out of Green Bay. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

This confuses me.

He left after the Broncos beat us in XXXII?
Who coached the Packers in 1998 when we got ousted by the 49ers?

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
2) If Green Bay is so special I wonder why he didn't have his team prepared when we played Denver in the SuperBowl. It sure looked to me like he was in a hurry to get out of Green Bay. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

This confuses me.

He left after the Broncos beat us in XXXII?
Who coached the Packers in 1998 when we got ousted by the 49ers?

That would probably be Ray Rhodes, I don't blame you for not remembering. A good D Coordinator, not HC material.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would probably be Ray Rhodes, I don't blame you for not remembering. A good D Coordinator, not HC material.

Uh no, Holmgren's last season was 1998 when they went 11-5 and lost to the 49ers in the playoffs. '99 was Rhodes

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Uh no, Holmgren's last season was 1998 when they went 11-5 and lost to the 49ers in the playoffs. '99 was Rhodes

Doh. Well, that's what I get for speaking on something I know nothing about, Packers head coaches, bah. I'll stick to geography. Green Bay is still in Wisconsin right?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Isnt it odd that Mike has coached longer in Seattle then he coached in Greenbay?

9 years in Seattle and 7 in GB

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Isnt it odd that Mike has coached longer in Seattle then he coached in Greenbay?

9 years in Seattle and 7 in GB

I think its odd we gave the guy a street name before he retired.

I think its odd people think that Holmgren bolted after the Broncos beat us in the Super Bowl. ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Thanks for posting that Heather.

It was a good reminder to me how much I liked him, and why.

R.P.

Your very welcome!! Holmgren was a great coach and I liked him to.

but he eats halloween candy that should go to kids. Shame on you, Mike.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts