Mid-season Special Teams Evaluation

Reaction score
Last season was a ST debacle and became the focus of attention in the offseason after several botched plays that changed the tide in the NFC Championship game.
What's your guys n gals thoughts about Special Teams changes this year? and can this unit be a factor in the playoffs in changing momentum, similar to the 1990's SB win?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Special teams this year have been dependable. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. Masthay has come around somewhat. Crosby pretty rock solid.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At their current pace, I would not be surprised if this unit cracks the top 5 at the end of the year in the Dallas Morning News Rankings, if not top 10. The coverage units IMO have been outstanding. Crosby has been nothing less than dependable with Masthay being the weak link on the squad.

I was with many on here questioning McCarthy's decision to promote Zook to special teams coordinator, though I ultimately decided to reserve judgement until we saw the final product, but it really has appeared to work out. Thompson deserves credit here too with the selections of Ripkowski, Montgomery, Rollins, etc.

Members online

Latest posts