Michael Irvin on Tony Romo

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the Dan Patrick show last week, Irvin made comments on Romos athleticism that included the following, paraphrased, comments:

"Somewhere back in time Romo's great, great, great, great grandma must have snuck out to the barn and brought a stud up to the house...that would help explain his athleticism."

Hmmmmm....great, great, great, great grandma Romo bedded a slave, huh Mike? White guys can't do it on their own, huh, Mike.

Is there any more evidence needed that this *** has to be removed from our blessed Sunday mornings?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine if Phil Simms was the one to suggest that. He'd be fired on the spot.

It's just like "Black Entertainment Television". Can you imagine the trouble someone would be in for putting "White Entertainment Television" on the air?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo isn't that athletic. He ran a 5.05 40 yard dash back at the combine. I ran faster than that in High School.

Romo is just mobile.

Perhap Irvin should lay off "his friends" crack pipe

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I wrong for finding it funny? My problem is I never take this stuff to seriously which will get me in trouble one day but I can't stand that everyone these days is so touchy. It's like you don't dare open your mouthg cause you'll offend someone. On the other hand there are enough arrogant ***** out there that have caused this to be a problem(ie:Michel Richards)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet look at the way these two subjects are being handled.
One guy has probally blown away his career while the two morons who started it are on the Today show saying that they are going to file a law suit.
The other ******* will no doubt be given a free pass just like Chris Rock or Dave Chappell.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the best part about the michael richards thing, is even thoug he was wrong, the media acts as if the hecklers are victims. no.

IMDB.com news even referred to it as "playful heckling" as if there is such a thing to a performer.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a scam to revive Michael Richards Career that has been caught in a downward spiral for some time now. I thought the guy was dead, WTF?

On a side note Michael Irvin is racist P.O.S. in any language and a *********, "has been" to boot.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a scam to revive Michael Richards Career that has been caught in a downward spiral for some time now. I thought the guy was dead, WTF?

On a side note Michael Irvin is racist P.O.S. in any language and a *********, "has been" to boot.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, clearly i'm the only one who thought the insinuation was that his great great great great grandma bedded a horse?!?!? ;)

dang people - i thought it was marginally humorous & i'm a chick. lighten up a little. i happen to hate irvin but found this funny. :D

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't referring to a horse.
When he said "brought a stud up to the house", he was referring to a field slave.
I am fairly liberal, but there is a double standard when it comes to racial comments.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm aware he wasn't referring to a horse - that was just my initial reaction to what he said. maybe i'm just in a giddy mood this early in the morning but for some reason, it kinda made me laugh today.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:

On a side note Michael Irvin is racist P.O.S. in any language and a *********, "has been" to boot

I guess these guys will be the next to dance on Dancing with the Stars.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bedded a horse? LOL now that's funny. Think of the speed a strenght?
I guess if you wanted QB you'd use a quarter horse and for a lineman you'd go with a clydsdale!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Irvin also said Favre should retire.

Irvin hates the Packers and he hates Favre. He hasn't come out and said it yet but you can tell he does. Never has a positive to say about them.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, clearly i'm the only one who thought the insinuation was that his great great great great grandma bedded a horse?!?!? ;)

dang people - i thought it was marginally humorous & i'm a chick. lighten up a little. i happen to hate irvin but found this funny. :D

Have to admit that was my initial take as well upon reading it here... (not that there's anything wrong....um...er nevermind)

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just don't like michael irvin as a tv personality at all. he's always yelling and not giving others a chance to give their 2 cents. regardless of his racism, i just don't enjoy the guy....

Members online

Latest posts