Michael Bush ?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there as per my usual should we get this guy posts. Lots of reports are saying, that according to his agent, he is 99% and has a workout video that leaves little doubt. No link just google news it. Anyway, he really was a stud and many players have come back 100% from this type of injury. Woodson. Hell yeah. Also, I am going to predict just for the record that the Packers take Michael Bush in the third round with the first pick. How I got to this prediction is a whole 'nother thread. Just wanted to get it down on paper.

In addition - do I get some kind of magic prize when I hit 100 posts ? Just curious. It only took a year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there as per my usual should we get this guy posts. Lots of reports are saying, that according to his agent, he is 99% and has a workout video that leaves little doubt. No link just google news it. Anyway, he really was a stud and many players have come back 100% from this type of injury. Woodson. Hell yeah. Also, I am going to predict just for the record that the Packers take Michael Bush in the third round with the first pick. How I got to this prediction is a whole 'nother thread. Just wanted to get it down on paper.

In addition - do I get some kind of magic prize when I hit 100 posts ? Just curious. It only took a year.

I wouldn't be against him in the 3rd.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mine him either. Before he got hurt he was the guy I was hoping for the Pack to Draft. Actually had he stayed healthy I have no doubt in my mind that he would've graded out as a top 20 pick and probably be a good fit for Green Bay or Buffalo. He might have to start on the PUP list which is why teams are hesitant on taking him.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guys such a tank, and I really liked watching him run in college. I don't know how good a fit he is for ZBS, but personally I think any good RB can excel in the scheme. He'd be a great pick in the third round assuming TT doesn't draft one in the first 2. Not sure he'll make it there far if he's as healthy as his agent claims he is, though.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it all depends on the first and second round picks obviously and what talent is still there. But... ive been thinkin about this for awhile. because no doubt about it that kid looked great a year ago, and i think your right porky easily a top 20 pick when he was healthy.

Id rather see us address other concerns like safety and TE with the high picks.... and if we do that and somehow snag Bush in the 3rd... it would be freakin awesome.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just have a feeling the Packers are targeting Irons from Auburn in the 2nd as the RB pick this draft.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Do you really think he will come off the board before the third or fourth round with surgery only a couple of weeks ago. Yes Andews said he is healthy and he is doing some straight line running. There is no insurance that he will be able to play this year. Unless someone has depth at RB and can let him comeback on his time, I don't see anyone taking him before the third or fourth. Just my Opinion.

cheesy4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno i believe that we should grab pittman in the second and if we didnt and bush was somehow there in the 3rd then for sure but i dont believe he will be there

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His blocking is an extreme liability and I doubt they will risk having him in a backfield with Brett given the chance he could get him killed.

He is SO one dimensional that teams will know what's coming when he's in there because having him block will not be in the picture. If teams are pretty damn sure he's getting the ball how effective can he be?

Ahman Green was not only a good runner but as an extra blocker he was very good at picking up that next guy coming that could get to Favre. I don't know how many times I watched him step up and nail a guy coming up the middle.

Bush cannot do this. Maybe he can learn to but he can't do it now.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
His blocking is an extreme liability and I doubt they will risk having him in a backfield with Brett given the chance he could get him killed.

He is SO one dimensional that teams will know what's coming when he's in there because having him block will not be in the picture. If teams are pretty damn sure he's getting the ball how effective can he be?

Ahman Green was not only a good runner but as an extra blocker he was very good at picking up that next guy coming that could get to Favre. I don't know how many times I watched him step up and nail a guy coming up the middle.

That is my worry this year regardless of who we draft, is someone going to be able to pick up the blitz at the RB position. That is why I prefer having a Veteran there that has proven he can pick it up.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was all for us taking Bush until I read that he's not a blocker. Kiss of death, IMO. Just assuming that he can learn to block is wishful thinking. Willingness to put one's body againest a blitzer is a state of mind. It's not something you "pick up." Oh well, luckily RBs with upside ARE available in some quantity. I expect some team with a solid OL that can handle Blitzers with regularity will pick this guy knowing that he won't be called upon to block very often. The Packers are NOT that team...yet.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ever hear of "play-action"? blocking isn't Bush's forte, but if he is running for 1200-1500 yrds a season, play-action maybe enough to keep teams from keying on Brett. Bush is a decent receiver as well as a powerful RB. Sorry, but if your only knock on a RB is his ability to block, that's not something that would keep me from drafting a stud like M.Bush. This guy can play, and score TD's

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr,

As a matter of fact I have heard of play action and yes that can help to a degree but I cannot recall a Packer team of late that does not ask the RB to block.....even in play action.
You talk about play action as if the RB is not asked to block when, in fact, Favre will fake to the RB(who is often than supposed to step up and protect) allowing Brett to complete the play.

This is why college and pros are very different games. The speed of players and ability to recognize is completely different in the pros.

Bush is a LIABILITY in first and second down situations IF he can't contribute as a blocker in the play-action pass.

I know you remember all the times Green would look over and see a LB coming from the side and he would get there to chip him and let Favre get a pass off. Where's Brett's butt going to be if Bush can't do that?

Members online

Latest posts