Michael Bennett

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read that the Saints, after drafting Bush, are now trying to get rid of Michael Bennett.

With our injury questions, maybe we should go after him if the Saints don't want too much.

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can have him. Just hope he doesnt twist his ankle Ice-Skating agian.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ehh why take on an injury prone back when we have 3 guys coming off knee injuries?

Make no sense.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
ehh why take on an injury prone back when we have 3 guys coming off knee injuries?

Make no sense.

It makes sense if you're looking to replace Tony Fisher. Bennett may be the ideal 3rd-down back - he's fast as hell and he can catch the ball coming out of the backfield as well as anybody.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How can inserting a injury prone guy make sense in replacing Tony Fisher? That guy if I remember right was hardly ever injured with the exception of last year.

I could be wrong, probably am lol

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
porky88 said:

Make no sense.

It makes sense if you're looking to replace Tony Fisher. Bennett may be the ideal 3rd-down back - he's fast as hell and he can catch the ball coming out of the backfield as well as anybody.

Ahman Green is also an ideal 3rd down back.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know if Green and Davenport come back healthy and all indications are they will and then we have Samcon and Herron, I think we'll be better than solid at that position. I don't believe we need Bennet. The problem for Bennet is that he has always been a straight ahead runner. He doesn't really have a move to make you miss. I like what we have. If it looks like our two injured guys can't play, then we'll have to make some moves.

V

Vikeman

Trust me Packer fans...the guy is worthless. You can do better then that guy.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before Bennet got hurt, the kid had blazing speed. When he played at Wisconsin, he had an uncanny way of reading the defense and hitting the hole at exactly the right time and then it was just a race, that he won most of the time. That type of game however, doesn't play well in the NFL. You have to have some cutting ability and you have to have a move to make someone miss you occasionally. I think we're better off without him.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Straightline, upright runner who is injury prone.....LeShon Johnson anyone.

Good college back whose skillset does not translate to the NFL game....plus, he is soft, which is something TT has made a point to ridding this team of.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And thank God TT has done that, because honestly 4-12 last year came as much a result of how soft we had gotten, not just the injuries.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were approaching Rams' soft...and that is friggin scary. If nothing else, we will have a tough, physical team. Clearly something Bennett does not fit into.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Bennett is a decent back, with blazing speed. But there is no room for him in Green Bay. Unless we could trade BJ Sander or Vonta Leach for him, we have no business getting him and we dont even need him. I think Ahman, Samkon, and Najeh have the RB position on lock down.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the Spitz photo C-Mize. The guy is nasty as all hell but smiles like a circus clown....his new nicknake: "The Laughin' Assassin"

Members online

Latest posts