Metrodome collapses official thread

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
NFL issues statement on Giants-Vikings start time

The Giants are stuck in Kansas City overnight Saturday, and plan to fly to Minneapolis for Sunday morning.* Despite that, the NFL says Vikings-Giants “could” still begin at noon CT. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello released a statement via Twitter Saturday evening. “UPDATE: We continue to closely monitor the weather in Minneapolis and remain in regular…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Heavy snow in Minneapolis has caused the roof of the Metrodome to collapse, multiple media outlets are reporting. Today’s Giants-Vikings game had already been rescheduled until Monday night, but it will now presumably need to be moved to another venue as well. There’s no word yet on where the game might take place; five years…

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Metrodome/ Humpty Dump has Collapsed

First thing that came to mind is...

LMAO!!!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
METRoDUMP roof Collapses, makes it easier for the VIKINGS...doesn't it?

All this weather is effecting so many teams, but none more then this Vikings Giants matchup...this delay is going to let Favre probably continue his CHERISHED-star-streak...Allows Percy Harvin to be healthier....Giants are now wasting time & have got to be effected by this unusual turn of events...How good can a team be just sitting around in a hotel all day without the means to practice or watch film for a whole day???

I mean we do kinda need the Giants to lose this one don't we? Giants lose, Eagles Lose, Bears Lose...We become tied for the division and reclaim the 6th playoff seed

Do we owe this to the 5th largest snowfall in Minnesota history? Or the poor craftsmanship of the Metro Dump?

:viksux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw it on my local news (6abc Philly), they think the game is jinxed! LOL! First the Giants were supposed too leave early because of the snow storm and didn't, got rerouted to Kansas City..... game got rescheduled until Monday... now the dome collapses! All I can say is thank God it didn't collapse during the game!

Hopefully because they can't show the Giants/ Vikes game on Fox Philly they will show the Packers game instead!!!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They can come play in Green Bay, but they need to bring their own shovels. Packer fans only shovel Lambeau for the Packers!

Reaction score
The Humpty Dome is down. It collapsed from the weight of the snow on top. The game is rescheduled for Monday night.
Will the Packer game be shown on FOX here in Mpls. since the Vikes game is rescheduled????
"Trapped in Vikingville"

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Metrodome Crushed

Heres the only video i can find of it so enjoy :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foV2E3rnMg4]YouTube - Metrodome roof collapses[/ame]

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean we do kinda need the Giants to lose this one don't we? Giants lose, Eagles Lose, Bears Lose...We become tied for the division and reclaim the 6th playoff seed

Yes, anything that hurts the Giants right now helps us. It ticks me off how lucky the Bears keep getting as this weather serves them more than the Patriots who are coming off a short week and traveling.

Do we owe this to the 5th largest snowfall in Minnesota history? Or the poor craftsmanship of the Metro Dump?

A little from Column A and a little from Column B :D

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this could help them move to L.A.

This is fun stuff to work with. I have several die hard vikings fans at work (a contradiction its true). I routinely refer to them as the LA Kings in conversations and then correct myself shortly after.

Anytime one of the gets testy i toss that in their face and it immediately ends any attitude or pride they think they are putting forward!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
@mortreport: Ed Werder reports Brett Favre told him he would not have started today...don't know on Monday night.

So........one day will help? Doubt it...

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Metrodome can’t host Giants-Vikings, NFL seeks other options

The blizzard in Minnesota has damaged the Metrodome badly enough that this week’s Giants-Vikings game cannot be played there, and now the NFL is exploring options that would include the University of Minnesota, Ford Field in Detroit or Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has announced that Metrodome officials told the league…

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've got a brand new stadium at the U of Minnesota where the game should be played, but the Yikes are an indoor team and it would not surprise anyone for them to move the game to Detroit or St. Louis--or maybe to L.A. as a preview of the NFL's return??

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Favre says he couldn’t have played on Sunday

Maybe the snow event in Minnesota really was an “Act of Favre.” Vikings quarterback Brett Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder via text message that Favre would not have been able to push his 297-game regular-season starting streak to two from 300 if Minnesota’s game against the Giants had proceeded as scheduled on Sunday. Though Favre…

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess would be to move it to the new meadowlands stadium in jersey as its more ready for a game. Offer $25 tickets or something.

First their Quarterback collapses, then their team, then their stadium :)
:viksux::viksux::viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They've got a brand new stadium at the U of Minnesota where the game should be played, but the Yikes are an indoor team and it would not surprise anyone for them to move the game to Detroit or St. Louis--or maybe to L.A. as a preview of the NFL's return??

Why not Lambeau :)

The Vikings already have half of our casts offs

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN said a little while ago itll either be in Detroit or New Orleans. Cant be outdoors cause the Giants didnt bring any foul weather gear, uniforms or sideline. Only thing that sucks out of all of this is it might give the old man a chance to play

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN said a little while ago itll either be in Detroit or New Orleans. Cant be outdoors cause the Giants didnt bring any foul weather gear, uniforms or sideline. Only thing that sucks out of all of this is it might give the old man a chance to play

Its at Ford field Monday at 720 et

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its at Ford field Monday at 720 et

Not surprising, since the NFL takes home games away to play in Canada and Europe. I hope The Interceptor plays, as it makes it that much easier for the Giants d-line to get to him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts